MADAME X album reviews

8 minutes ago, idro said:

What about politics ..? Did you usually find your country ruled by the ones you ve been voting for ? Anyway hope you enjoy the music

but metacritic and such sites are scored based on reviews of experts in the field (mostly) - democracy allows non experts to participate, so your point is void.

29 minutes ago, graffitiheart said:

Meta critic is only used in stan wars? Lol the fuck it, who has time for that shit 😂

I don't participate, but at atrl they drag people for it all the time.

Gaga stans can't say much since her high is 80, and Taylor is always in the 70s.  Same with Adele, yet they both have massive sales and Grammy's. So it really doesn't mean much.

It's Beyonce who always seems to get really high scores

2 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

If its a high metacritic theres also a chance of Grammy attention. Which i would love to see for Madonna. 

Grammy's have rewarded many artists for mediocre reviews -- Adele, Taylor, bruno

26 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Grammy's have rewarded many artists for mediocre reviews -- Adele, Taylor, bruno

but they have huge sales too.

I hope Metacritic forgets to add that awful uncut review! Still waiting for more in the 80's. 

Do you think that some media outlets are checking out early reviews to see where the album is standing so they don't mess up with bad ones? haha

They better write good reviews and focus on the music!

Edited by Frozenpower

1 hour ago, elijah said:

but they have huge sales too.

Yeah, it took Madonna having BOTH huge sales and great reviews, ROL, Music and COADF albums, to win Grammy's

Year-end lists and such may be a better gauge of an album's critical showing vs. initial reviews- as, months later )for an album released earlier in the year), critics go back to it and hail it as one of the year's best. COADF did OK in year-end lists, but not where near as well as ROL and Music. The three  post-COADF albums did not fare all that well on the YE features.

20 minutes ago, Sasori84 said:

I found publications valid for Metacritic here https://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/publication/name/v

Fabulous!

I think this will remain in the 70s, not that it really fucking matters :rotfl:Metacritic is a pretentious website that immature gay Stans go to for pissing contests. I REALLY fucking hate Stan culture. These faggots out here stanning for bullshit ppl like Halsey or fucking Taylor Swift like they're revolutionary women :lmao: Having a decently reviewed Madonna album is icing on the cake, particularly after she got savaged for 6 years straight after all her social media dustups (I maintain that critics use Madonna's awkward internet usage as a reason to dump on her art tbh, they're literally just searching for reasons) 

1 minute ago, Monsieur X said:

What about Clear Channel boycot tho????

God, those were the days. Roger Friedman, Fox News, Clear Channel, Michael Moore, Kabbalah, American Idol, potpourri and floral dresses, Me Against My Own Better Judgment, The English Rosebuds 

2 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

God, those were the days. Roger Friedman, Fox News, Clear Channel, Michael Moore, Kabbalah, American Idol, potpourri and floral dresses, Me Against My Own Better Judgment, The English Rosebuds 

GAP, Remixed and Revisited.... mess

These reviews have me so excited as well as the reviews from forum members.  But doesn’t it irk me that virtually every one has a typo or error.  Extreme Occidental?  For fuck’s sake, I meticulously edit the newsletter at my place of work to assure no errors, and these are paid journalists.

2 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

What do all of these have in common? Crazy sales and streams. Which Madonna doesnt have. So she’ll need acclaim. 

Just now, Shane said:

These reviews have me so excited as well as the reviews from forum members.  But doesn’t it irk me that virtually every one has a typo or error.  Extreme Occidental?  For fuck’s sake, I meticulously edit the newsletter at my place of work to assure no errors, and these are paid journalists.

I'm telling you, the social media era has made ppl so fucking lazy

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yes!  Sad.

One of my favorite things about the reviews, which I always think is a good sign with albums, is how almost every single track is singled out as a highlight by at least a couple.  For example, the past couple of reviews have been high on Looking For Mercy. Now that is the one song that Variety does not mention, but they single out Batuka which others have ignored.

And for the life of me I can’t figure out what to expect from Come Alive.  I’ll find out in just over nine hours.

2 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

This album is soooooooooo good, mature and ... Waow. After MDNA and Rebel Heart. Finally something with true inspiration !

Mature is a great word for this album 👍 And not in a Barbra Streisand type of way. Madame X is a smart album... such a welcome moment after the hodge-podge frantic cheesy mess of the last one 

6 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I do.

I hope you didn’t take my post as snarky.  I was complimenting yours and saying it’s a great argument for me to use when people talk about the charts as well.  Thank you for posting!