MADAME X album reviews

2 hours ago, debord said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but I wrote a review of the album on my blog: https://howupsetting.com/2019/06/18/madame-x/

Thank you for writing this. It is incredibly well written. I wish more reviewers put more thought and research into what they do.  Well done. ❤️

Love these latest reviews. The album is a critical success! I’m so happy for M! 

The bad ones are clearly biased or written by haters - that’s a fact. Most don’t even focus on the music. 

There's a few new ones today from smaller publications I won't even bother posting. Even if positive they are so instantly dismissive of her and her legacy..as if she has done nothing of quality since the 80s even. It's exhausting.

I've followed Madonna in the media for decades and she's always gotten SO MUCH SHIT...SO MUCH NEGATIVITY thrown at her...I thought with #METOO some of it would cease...but the rules do not apply to Madonna. I can't believe the Pitchfork review...or more specifically someone like RogerF, who has literally written multiple articles since the album cycle began just bashing her and vilifying her. How do they get away with it? I don't know. 

I knew though, after the intensity of the MTV hate directed at her after she appeared at the VMAs, we were in for this...but it's still exhausting.

Back to enjoying the album.  

4 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

There's a few new ones today from smaller publications I won't even bother posting. Even if positive they are so instantly dismissive of her and her legacy..as if she has done nothing of quality since the 80s even. It's exhausting.

I've followed Madonna in the media for decades and she's always gotten SO MUCH SHIT...SO MUCH NEGATIVITY thrown at her...I thought with #METOO some of it would cease...but the rules do not apply to Madonna. I can't believe the Pitchfork review...or more specifically someone like RogerF, who has literally written multiple articles since the album cycle began just bashing her and vilifying her. How do they get away with it? I don't know. 

I knew though, after the intensity of the MTV hate directed at her after she appeared at the VMAs, we were in for this...but it's still exhausting.

the Music is what MATTERS.  Still in awe of this EPIC eccentric masterpiece that is MadameX!

34 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Totally agree, sometimes I find all the negativity about her absolutely exhausting. I try to ignore as much as i can though. I haven't even read the shit written by Pitchfork. I just try to enjoy the wonderful music and the videos she keeps giving us! 

4 minutes ago, headonfire said:

After the Pitchfork one was added to Metacritic, the overall score dropped to 70, so holding steady. Hope there's more 80s on the way to bring it up again to the high 70s.

Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 19.13.25.png

I thought Uproxx counted.  That was a beautiful review by Annie Zaleski.

36 minutes ago, headonfire said:

After the Pitchfork one was added to Metacritic, the overall score dropped to 70, so holding steady. Hope there's more 80s on the way to bring it up again to the high 70s.

So strange. the Madame X page is down now when you go to the Metacritic site.  I wonder what is happening?  are they manipulating users reviews? I hope not.

5 minutes ago, CalinB said:

So strange. the Madame X page is down now when you go to the Metacritic site.  I wonder what is happening?  are they manipulating user review? I hope note.

It says: "Page not found"

4 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

I thought her so called excellent new PR team was gonna put an end to these hit pieces?

20 minutes ago, side_streets said:

It says: "Page not found"

Page is back up but I dont notice anything changed.

I know conspiracy theories are ridiculous but why do they rush to upload Pitchfork to Meta and haven’t yet included Annie Zaleski’s beautiful Uproxx review?  Uproxx always used to count.

1 minute ago, Shane said:

I know conspiracy theories are ridiculous but why do they rush to upload Pitchfork to Meta and haven’t yet included Annie Zaleski’s beautiful Uproxx review?  Uproxx always used to count.

It doesn't count anymore. I don't know why. 

9 minutes ago, Shane said:

actually, I think they have been great..

this could've been way worse with pitchfork. I was hoping for 75% or higher, but now as long as she's at 70 or over it'll be great too.

2 hours ago, headonfire said:

oh well, it has the highest User Reviews score... let's promote that fact, and it is the most talked album of the year.

Madame X Metacritic score 6.18.19.JPG

https://www.metacritic.com/music/madame-x/madonna

Madonna Review.JPG

55 minutes ago, side_streets said:

It doesn't count anymore. I don't know why. 

Thank you.  That’s too bad because Annie knows music.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

The pitchfork review unsurprisingly checks all the boringly snooty boxes of SJW assholishness. I guess this writer, who hates Madonna with a passion, really jumped on the chance to review this new album of hers so he could trash her in this tired snarky style that they have.

40 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

The pitchfork review unsurprisingly checks all the boringly snooty boxes of SJW assholishness. I guess this writer, who hates Madonna with a passion, really jumped on the chance to review this new album of hers so he could trash her in this tired snarky style that they have.

Totally

Disgruntled former Madonna "fan"

Living in the past

They want their Blond Ambition, Ray Of Light, Confessions Madonna etc for the rest of eternity. Praising trash like Taylor Swift and Joanne probably, says it all really

We've had so many of them on here around 2008-2011. They are utterly clueless, petty, selfish and childish

And transparently hating on Madonna for still being Madonna and having everyone talk about her, for better or worse. As Madame X aptly said in her 2016 Billboard Woman of the Year speech Madonna's greatest sin was to age and continue being creative indeed

The Mojo review won't be posted online? Also- M is interviewed in the August edition, but it doesn't say the album's reviewed, unless the review appears within the interview article.

5 minutes ago, XXL said:

Totally

Disgruntled former Madonna "fan"

Living in the past

They want their Blond Ambition, Ray Of Light, Confessions Madonna etc for the rest of eternity. Praising trash like Taylor Swift and Joanne probably, says it all really

We've had so many of them on here around 2008-2011. They are utterly clueless, petty, selfish and childish

And transparently hating on Madonna for still being Madonna and having everyone talk about her, for better or worse. As Madame X aptly said in her 2016 Billboard Woman of the Year speech Madonna's greatest sin was to age and continue being creative indeed

You said it best!

1 minute ago, HolidayGuy said:

The Mojo review won't be posted online? Also- M is interviewed in the August edition, but it doesn't say the album's reviewed, unless the review appears within the interview article.

Someone mentioned it would be published on the 25th.

3 hours ago, CalinB said:

So strange. the Madame X page is down now when you go to the Metacritic site.  I wonder what is happening?  are they manipulating users reviews? I hope not.

1 hour ago, CalinB said:

oh well, it has the highest User Reviews score... let's promote that fact, and it is the most talked album of the year.

Madame X Metacritic score 6.18.19.JPG

https://www.metacritic.com/music/madame-x/madonna

Madonna Review.JPG

Seems to be back again.

And yes, that user score is glorious and so deserved! We all here need to go to metacritic and leave our reviews.

3 hours ago, Shane said:

I thought Uproxx counted.  That was a beautiful review by Annie Zaleski.

Yes, I was hoping it would be, but it looks like it isn't counted. That's a beautiful review, and one that actually talks about the music, unlike all the shitty ones that are mainly misogynistic, ageist, and sexist rubbish.