MADAME X album reviews

4 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Mature is a great word for this album 👍 And not in a Barbra Streisand type of way. Madame X is a smart album... such a welcome moment after the hodge-podge frantic cheesy mess of the last one 

I was burned alive in this forum some month ago telling that the two last albums were bad. I m soooo glad that she is finally releasing something soooooo inspiring. There is no filler. 0%

I wont tell names 🤐😅🤣😂

Just now, Ladyplus said:

I was burned alive some month ago telling that the two last albums were bad. 

I believe it. Rebel Heart is a sensitive topic for a lot of fans, understandably actually. It was traumatizing for us lmao 

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

I believe it. Rebel Heart is a sensitive topic for a lot of fans, understandably actually. It was traumatizing for us lmao 

I never listen to it. It irritates me.

Just now, karbatal said:

I love Rebel Heart but MX is another different dimension. It would be like comparing Bedtime Stories toe ROL.

You're right. It's like a totally different woman. Rebel Heart was very vulnerable, insecure and sensitive. Madame X is hostile and PISSED. In a really effective, intense way.  

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

You're right. It's like a totally different woman. Rebel Heart was very vulnerable, insecure and sensitive. Madame X is hostile and PISSED. In a really effective, intense way.  

Yassss

MX is that friend that would defend us at school if some bully called us faggot. 

7 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

Not a review, per se, but a really good, extensive article from Vice on Madonna’s career.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xzeg4/how-to-get-into-madonna-best-music

I’m so floored they even included TDDUP into one of their playlists! Excellent guide to M. 

1 hour ago, Hobbit said:

I actually hate this review. It's the male anecdote of the NYT profile. All how dare the rich white woman be political and thank God for the beats of Mirwais and Mike Dean (the men). I found the review completely dismissive even if positive. 

Comparing her/pitting her against to Whitney, Ariana, JLO, Michelle Obama (who has a ghost writer for everything and that is fine)...it all annoyed me. 

2 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

I actually hate this review. It's the male anecdote the the NYT profile. All how dare the rich white woman be political and thank God for the beats of Mirwais and Mike Dean (the men). I found the review completely dismissive even if positive. 

Comparing her to Whitney, Ariana, Michelle Obama (who has a ghost writer for everything and that is fine)...it all annoyed me. 

me too actually.

54 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

Not a review, per se, but a really good, extensive article from Vice on Madonna’s career.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xzeg4/how-to-get-into-madonna-best-music

I love this! Thank you for sharing... even the title 🙂

The Guide to Getting Into Madonna, Holy Mother of Modern Pop

"She's a true original with a decades-deep catalog, so ahead of the release of 'Madame X,' here's a streamlined guide to her restlessly creative and game-changing career."

LA Times  compared and contrasted Madonna and Bruce in the same review and guess who has a better album... 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-bruce-springsteen-western-stars-madonna-madame-x-review-20190613-story.html

🙄🤔

3 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Shouldn’t count. A compare and contrast review to an entire different artist? Lol

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Yassss

MX is that friend that would defend us at school if some bully called us faggot. 

lol - this really made me laugh! 

24 minutes ago, side_streets said:

LA Times  compared and contrasted Madonna and Bruce in the same review and guess who has a better album... 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-bruce-springsteen-western-stars-madonna-madame-x-review-20190613-story.html

🙄🤔

Unsure it’s a review or a general music interest article but I replied nonetheless... 

083D6DEB-43C4-4F35-8CD7-72403FF981B2.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Steve said:

Unsure it’s a review or a general music interest article but I replied nonetheless... 

083D6DEB-43C4-4F35-8CD7-72403FF981B2.jpeg

Nice response! IMO, they should have never compared them!

It's really ridiculous!

6 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Nice response! IMO, they should never compared them!

It's really ridiculous!

🏻def & thn❌

Rock and pop should never really be compared side to side.   Pop by definition should sound more current.   And even so, Madame X is hardly a conventional pop album.

Should Bruce album get the top spot, prepare for more negative headlines about Madonna.    

Just now, Dindi said:

Rock and pop should never really be compared side to side.   Pop by definition should sound more current.   And even so, Madame X is hardly a conventional pop album.

Should Bruce album get the top spot, prepare for more negative headlines about Madonna.    

that's the plan, according to an insider. that's why they're comparing albums already when no one asked for it.

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

that's the plan, according to an insider. that's why they're comparing albums already when no one asked for it.

What plan?

You're always so doomsday and panicked about everything. So what if she gets #2. Count your blessings. You guys care way too much about silly crap like this. Newsflash, people have been frantically writing nasty think pieces about Madonna since the 1980s. Madonna's polarizing reputation is baked in. The only time she sort of won the Miss Congeniality contest was maybe in the late 90s/very early 2000s. Since then it's been the same thing. Madonna is this, Madonna is that. Sometimes she makes it out pretty unscathed (COADF, Hard Candy), other times it's a bit of a disaster (Rebel Pork). Life goes on. 

The LA Times review probably won't count. If it does, whatever.

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

What plan?

You're always so doomsday and panicked about everything. So what if she gets #2. Count your blessings. You guys care way too much about silly crap like this. Newsflash, people have been frantically writing nasty think pieces about Madonna since the 1980s. Madonna's polarizing reputation is baked in. The only time she sort of won the Miss Congeniality contest was maybe in the late 90s/very early 2000s. Since then it's been the same thing. Madonna is this, Madonna is that. Sometimes she makes it out pretty unscathed (COADF, Hard Candy), other times it's a bit of a disaster (Rebel Pork). Life goes on. 

The LA Times review probably won't count. If it does, whatever.

Ive tried avoiding the negativity since Eurovision. Im just the messenger. 

The Variety review sounds like someone who has no idea about music, why are these people writing music reviews? The comparisons and musical genres the writer cites are not accurate...do some research. Why not mention that she co-produced? She always does, but is never given credit.