MADAME X album reviews

accordingย to allaboutmadonna

uncut gave 5/10 WTF?ย 

sadly, Metacritic gonna countย this shit.

Uncut has given a very lazy review. is this a real album review? what trend is she chasing withย this album? if she is, is itย a fault? everybody in the mainstream music industry follows trend.ย 

https://allaboutmadonna.com/2019/06/madame-x-uncut-magazine-review.php

Edited by fandonna

29 minutes ago, fandonna said:

accordingย to allaboutmadonna

uncut gave 5/10 WTF?ย 

sadly, Metacritic gonna countย this shit.

Uncut has given a very lazy review. is this a real album review? what trend is she chasing withย this album? if she is, is itย a fault? everybody in the mainstream music industry follows trend.ย 

https://allaboutmadonna.com/2019/06/madame-x-uncut-magazine-review.php

Shit. Its not a review basically. It sounds like they didn't listen to the whole album (or were skipping it to find fault) and concentrated on the 2 tracks they disliked. Out of 15...

Fuck that Uncut review is going to drag the albums overall rating down...ย 

Thatโ€™s only 2.5 stars...ย i think thatโ€™s the worst review so far!?ย 

i just searched other reviews from uncut. it seems likeย they have given above 7 to all the reviews. but Madonna 5? theyย better say that theyย hate her.ย 

Reviews like the Uncut one just serve to remind us that no matter what she releases sheโ€™ll always have her haters whoโ€™ll dismiss her no matter what. Having a look at their website / reviews they seem more wanky and pretentious than Pitchfork. I didnโ€™t think that was possible. Fuck โ€˜em.ย 

This โ€žreviewโ€œ is a fucking mess! Itโ€™s really frustrating that theseย fuckers donโ€™t even offer any valid arguments or explanations and just drag her metascore down.ย ย 

9 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

It's the same thing as rebel heart, she could have put a well reviewed album together, but when you throw things on there that everyone hates like killers, they have to take points off

That's just an exercise in futility...and the anti-thesis to everything Madonna is. To try to make something that will somehow please the infiniteness of subjective opinion is just...ridiculous. I mean, either way they'll give her shit - "well, she played it too safe this time around" to "that's it? for what she gave, she certainly could have done more" , etc. etc.ย 

Not to mention the fact that she doesn't put out albums every couple of years quite like she used to. Now we wait almost double, so I'd much rather have as much music to enjoy as a fan in the time between...since it's not like critics nor the charts are going to give it up to her anytime soon.

ย 

1 hour ago, Napolรฉon said:

Reviews like the Uncut one just serve to remind us that no matter what she releases sheโ€™ll always have her haters whoโ€™ll dismiss her no matter what. Having a look at their website / reviews they seem more wanky and pretentious than Pitchfork. I didnโ€™t think that was possible. Fuck โ€˜em.ย 

Bingo.

Does anyone in Germany have access to Die Zeit? There is a new review but I can't open it...at least according to the first lines the review seems to be well written...

ย 

https://www.zeit.de/2019/25/madame-x-madonna-album-popmusik

8 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Does anyone in Germany have access to Die Zeit? There is a new review but I can't open it...at least according to the first lines the review seems to be well written...

ย 

https://www.zeit.de/2019/25/madame-x-madonna-album-popmusik

I also would looooooooove to read it. Maybe it's also in the printed version?

There should be an opportunity where people can rate a review, if the review was helpfull in any way. Some of these "reviews" are just lazy, phoned in, stereotypical, stupid write-up's. They should not have any influence on any metacritic scores.

Which brings me back to the point that reviews shouldn't matter as a whole, because it's ALL SUBJECTIVE! Music is an objective experience! Listen to the music and make up your own damn mind! Why does everyone in the world always care so much what the rest thinks?!?

9 minutes ago, alquemist said:

I also would looooooooove to read it. Maybe it's also in the printed version?

It looks good. I hope anyone can post it here...

hasn't uncut been shady about madonna before? anyway, let's hope it doesn't hold a lot of weight. unfortunately there'll always be reviewers who want to review a madonna album just to drag her. im sure even an undeniable masterpiece like ROL could've gotten one or two troll scores. the ones that irritate me are the 60 scores. why not at least go for a 70 since they basically say it's a great/creative album?ย 

I know, I think we can all agree sh's getting 'rave reviews' from the ones that matter, with a fewย  that

are

RATHER TRANSPARENT WOULDN'T YOU SAY.

36 minutes ago, Mattress said:

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT METACRITIC?! God damn.

General public. They could be convinced to buy the album if itโ€™s a rave review. Thatโ€™s how I decide what movie to see. If itโ€™s really poorly reviewed I almost always do not see it.

but metacritic is one of sources that people use to criticize albums. we need a good score. if madame x gets under 70, this will be treated like rebel heart. we might need time that critics would reevalute some day the way they did with American Life.

1 hour ago, elijah said:

General public. They could be convinced to buy the album if itโ€™s a rave review. Thatโ€™s how I decide what movie to see. If itโ€™s really poorly reviewed I almost always do not see it.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ Myself and all my friends only watch movies based on meta critic/rotten tomatoes reviews alsoย