MADAME X album reviews

10 minutes ago, fandonna said:

Wow!!!! I’m impressed about the quality of this review....who wrote it, knows madonna, knows music knows lots more....his various references to her own work  but especially  to other artists work made it a very pleasant read!

A wonderful review by Sal, who is a huge fan but not one who wears blinders.  This one has me more excited than any review so far for Madame X.  I think he mentioned every single song!

His review has me particularly excited for Killers Who Are Partying.

14 minutes ago, fandonna said:

Wow! Does it count for MC?

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Slant’s review is AMAZING!!!!!!

It is!

Love this, I’m sure @Kurt420 will agree with this ;):

“Of course, Madonna has never been your average pop star. Though her music has deep roots in R&B and disco, she is, at heart, a rock auteur, with all of the inclinations toward upending the status quo and expressing a singular vision that designation implies.”

And how accurate is this?:

“Madonna has a reputation for being a trendsetter, but her true talent lies in bending those trends to her will, twisting them around until they’re barely recognizable, and creating something entirely new.”

This is the first time that I believe the reviewer actually gets her, is he a fan? This review is amazing in all forms. :wow:

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Yes!

Wow! That is great!

Madame X honestly rests in her top tier works. It so deserves the acclaim it's getting.

I appreciate diversity of opinions but some of the more negative reviews aren't related to the music at all, more sheer confusion that she's produced something this experimental and different 40 years in, they can't comprehend it.

1 minute ago, vertigokane said:

Yes, he’s reviewed nearly every album of hers and his deep assessments show that he not only “gets” her as an artist, but that he also understands the artistic influences that she brings to each of her records. He’s remarkably consistent in his grading system. 

That was my impression. I’m blown away by his knowledge. 

23 minutes ago, fandonna said:

Yehey! Cinquemani has always written fair critiques on M's work.

5 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

Sal has reviewed each of these Madonna albums for Slant Magazine, and here are their respective rankings:

Like A Virgin - 3.5/5

True Blue - 3.5/5

Like A Prayer - 4.5/5

Erotica - 4/5

Bedtime Stories - 4/5 

Ray of Light - 4/5

Music - 4/5

American Life - 3.5/5

Confessions on a Dance Floor - 4/5

Hard Candy - 3.5/5

MDNA - 3.5/5

Rebel Heart - 3.5/5

Madame X - 4/5

These ratings are pretty accurate except I would chance all 4s to 5s.

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Wow! That was really cute! And she was so funny 🙂