Rate: Dark Ballet

Rate: Dark Ballet  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Dark Ballet

Guest CzarnaWisnia
14 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

People will hate me for this but I am going with "okay". I love the fact that she went experimental for this track, but at the same time it feels  - for me -  a little disconnected. The video enriches the song a lot though. 

Same. I expected a lot more judging from the comments. Though I prefer the song to the video... I'm happy most fans seem ecstatic about it, I don't want to be a downer... I guess I'm just narcissistically sad that I can't seem to get into this era's music for now. Woe is me!!

16 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

People will hate me for this but I am going with "okay". I love the fact that she went experimental for this track, but at the same time it feels  - for me -  a little disconnected. The video enriches the song a lot though. 

Geiger83,  don't worry about perceived hate.  Always want member's honest opinions on a song, performance etc otherwise what is the point of having topics if we all have to agree.  Give your views on new songs proudly as a fan - either positive, negative or yet unsure about a song.  Enjoy reading people's different and varied views - what makes Madonna such a diverse and interesting artist. 

12 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Excellent, why? Because it is! I am in awe of this piece of pop art!

And it gets better with each listen.

Add the impact of the video and this is truly a type of moment ONLY our gal can make. REAL pop art doesn't need a flashing sign around it telling everyone "this is pop art".

Madonna always has and always will "go there" when she feels the need.

5 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Geiger83,  don't worry about perceived hate.  Always want member's honest opinions on a song, performance etc otherwise what is the point of having topics if we all have to agree.  Give your views on new songs proudly as a fan - either positive, negative or yet unsure about a song.  Enjoy reading people's different and varied views - what makes Madonna such a diverse and interesting artist. 

Thanks for the kind words😘 I am loving and enjoying this era so much and can barely wait for the album to be released

Dark Ballet is what defines the difference between Madonna and other artists like Taylor Swift, Beyonce or Rihanna , Madonna is daring, bold, and gifted with creativity. I have always said this over and over, she's the absolute definition of a super artist, she's the universal artist of all musical acts.Take it or leave it.

Sorry but in my opinion the lack of this song is that there is not a development between the first part and the second, only two good ideas separated. Good and interesting in the single way ....the video is superb a cinema masterpiece

3 hours ago, rukydee said:

Dark Ballet is what defines the difference between Madonna and other artists like Taylor Swift, Beyonce or Rihanna , Madonna is daring, bold, and gifted with creativity. I have always said this over and over, she's the absolute definition of a super artist, she's the universal artist of all musical acts.Take it or leave it.

Yep. She's not the Queen for nothing.  ✨💫👸🏼👸🏼

Excellent, masterpiece, magnificent piece of work / art.

This is exactly what I was waiting from Madonna.

I think  many people who are not sure what they feel about this song will enjoy it more in the album context (me included)

6 hours ago, rukydee said:

Exactly.  I need Madonna to share her message and not some corporate, brand.  Dark Ballet is a wake up call.  This drips Madonna living in light and truth and remaining artistically genuine... and I am so ready.  

Objectively a great track with a provocative and well made video. Personally i don't like it that much (video included). It's an okay song for me (6/10).

Good.  I don’t like the first few verses too much.  They seem lazy to me, like an American Life rehash (reductive).  But the robotic nutcracker bit is brilliant.

The video is well made but without Madonna in it, I’ll never watch it again.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Good.  I don’t like the first few verses too much.  They seem lazy to me, like an American Life rehash (reductive).  But the robotic nutcracker bit is brilliant.

Totally the opposite for me : think the beginning of the song is quite good but the nutcracker part, the robotic voice and, worst, the spoken part, sound amateurish.

Agree with you about the video: once was enough for me.