“Dark Ballet” thread

7 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I love that she’s featured as the narrator while letting Mykki shine. A modern take on Joan of Arc with an openly trans, HIV+ main character. My mind has been blown by Madame X so far. As she said in Survival, “no risk, no glory.” Madonna could be home crocheting, and instead she delivers THIS.

Amazing! 🌟

I'm loving Dark Ballet it's different and experimental this is what I envisioned Madame X would be like

This is definitely the best of the released so far I don't want commercial Madonna and this is perfect. 

I have been playing Dark Ballet nonstop for the past hour! Amazing, haunting, fascinating, liberating, effervescent, fresh, moving, empowering, enlightening! This is the world of MadameX! We are so lucky! 😭❤️🔥

I am listening to it non-stop, I love it so much, I think it's her most experimental thing she has ever done by now and in the meantime I am bombarded on social media with private messages like "what the hell she is releasing? she lost her mind! and so on..."

You can't even 100% enjoy anything nowadays. 

Whilst other gay 'icons' are releasing cheesey christmas albums, generic jazz standards and abba covers my queen is putting out quality work like this..the general public might not care but as a fan i feel spoilt 

I can't get over this.

The song, the video.....a full performance of this and I'll be fucking dead.

I don't know what to say really, she's a genius. We are the luckiest fanbase, we stan for the very best.

Just now, Vogue992 said:

I can't get over this.

The song, the video.....a full performance of this and I'll be fucking dead.

I don't know what to say really, she's a genius. We are the luckiest fanbase, we stan for the very best.

Oh I WISH I could get to see this live! SPECTACULAR :dramatic:

It’s so good. Cannot stop playing and watching the video. This is the Madonna I feel in love with 😍 

seems to be a real division among fans on social media, some (basics) think it’s the worst thing ever released 😂

I like the concept, but I do wish the video was more of a story instead of already seeing what's gonna happen in the beginning with the flashes and repetitions.. I miss the old way of storytelling in videos. imagine American life already with flashes of the granate and bush the first few secs.. I think it loses its impact.. but I realise that's the style of videos now.. 

41 minutes ago, idro said:

Did you see the woman shown for a second before the title appears in the clip? Great

Screenshot_2019-06-07-13-05-55.png

It's a frame of Dreyer's The passion of Joan of Arc 

source.gif

Edited by marcell976
Wrong post

Wow. What an uniquely strange and wonderful song. And that has to be one of her best music videos of all time! It’s elegant, frightening, devastating, powerful. 

It's not a catchy song but I can NOT stop playing it !!!

This may be a completely wrong comparison, but it makes me think of Patti Smith. With the spoken word, instrumentals, it’s just so beautiful. 

31 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I like the concept, but I do wish the video was more of a story instead of already seeing what's gonna happen in the beginning with the flashes and repetitions.. I miss the old way of storytelling in videos. imagine American life already with flashes of the granate and bush the first few secs.. I think it loses its impact.. but I realise that's the style of videos now.. 

If you watch this complex, weird video with a simple framework of viewing, you will end up with a simple interpretation and be like "oh where is the impact???" 

If you want clear, easy-to-follow storytelling of the old way, you can watch TAB & YS (which are great videos). 

If she made a cheesy tacky pop video like "Sorry", people would crucify her as well for not being artistic enough. 

Madonna can never win.