“Dark Ballet” thread

Wow just WOW! The visuals are stunning and at the end I couldn’t believe it was 6 minutes and I wanted to know more.  

Interesting concept, and I love that she feels strong enough to release this kind of stuff. But the song didnt do it for me at the Met and it isn't doing it for me now. The video is brilliant though. Wish it had more of her though.

@Amelia totally get what you’re saying but she could’ve been among them and crying quietly as if it were out of her control ...🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Idk love the video though. The more I watch it the better it is, even without her in it!

It's a beautiful life
But I'm not concerned
It's a beautiful dream
But our dream is earned
I can dress like a boy
I can dress like a girl
Keep your beautiful words
Cos I'm not concerned
Cos your world is such a shame
Cos your world's obsessed with fame
Cos your world's in such much pain
Cos your world is...
Up in flames

Its a beautiful plan
But I'm not concerned oh yeah
It's a beautiful game
That I never learnt
People tell me to shut my mouth (shut your mouth)
That I might get burnt
Keep your beautiful lies
Cos I'm not concerned...
Cos your world is such a shame
Cos your world's obsessed with fame
Cos your world's in such much pain
Cos your world is... Cos your world is...

I will not denounce the things that I have said
I will not renounce my faith in my sweet Lord
He is just an angel, fight against the anguish
I am not afraid, I felt attacked because I believe you
God is on my side and I'll be fine
I am not afraid 'cause I have faith in me
You can cut my hair and tell me I'm a bastard
Say that I'm a witch and burn me at the stake
It's all a big mistake
To ... doubt him is a sin
I won't give in

They are so naive
They think we are no aware of their crimes
We know... but we are just not ready to act
The storm isn't in the air
It's inside of us
I want to tell you about love and loneliness
It's getting late now
Can't you hear outside of your Supreme hoodie?
The wind that´s beginning to howl...?
It's a beautiful life...

So Beautiful Game became Dark Ballet. The song is my least favorite from all the new songs so far, but the video is very artistic, very well done and I think it's more to make a statement than to promote the album. I wish she had appeared more though.

Got it and LOVE it. My favourite part is the WTF Nutcracker sample in the middle.

This should have been the lead single. It's a CRAZY Track . The ending is insane af.

I want to add that the video is hauntingly beautiful .

1 minute ago, alcermag said:

is she the lady in the middle?

image.thumb.png.77ada729027f68decd938cbf109841a7.png

i was thinking the same thing. it might be a stand-in though. do we know if she was actually on set for this one? because i suspect if she was, they might have shown her more. she's not in any of the other group shots of the women. i also wonder why she didn't direct this herself. it would have made perfect sense if she wasn't in it much.

The song itself was interesting enough, but the video takes it INTO FUCKING ORBIT.

Jesus, THIS is the Madonna we dont deserve. The artist and conceptualist before the pop performer. And she does it better than anyone.

Fuck me. There is a reason why her work has been displayed in MoMA, and this video and song perfectly encapsulate why. This is Madonna the artist. The social  provocateur. It is beyond pop, it’s complete art. 

Thank you Madonna for continuously challenging me, society, and yourself after nearly 40 years in this harsh industry. 

Love the video and song!! Need a few hundred views to fully digest.

9 minutes ago, bardo said:

i was thinking the same thing. it might be a stand-in though. do we know if she was actually on set for this one? because i suspect if she was, they might have shown her more. she's not in any of the other group shots of the women. i also wonder why she didn't direct this herself. it would have made perfect sense if she wasn't in it much.

I think she may have directed it

Just now, Mensch said:

I think she may have directed it

probably in the way she always directs her videos, but emmanuel is the only one credited by her team. 

So touching !! And even if she is in the video for brief seconds, it shows her powerfully mentioning love...

And what makes me emotional too, is to see you guys are approving and praising the video !! You make me cry !! Thank you !

mon Dieu!

"dark ballet" a masterwork in short horror film. malevolence pervade its visual and aural orchestration. for the less perceptive, the video might even contain "demonic" elements. 

but the messaging is very clear...

omnipresent to this day are the religious, political, cultural, and social inquisition of people in the fringes and margins. the dark ages never came to past but was tempered only by science and modernization. prejudice lurks in the minds and hearts of those who refuse to step beyond their bubbles, towers and zones.

the divide remains. the battlefields are still there. people might have discovered cures for epidemics. but none yet for today's pandemic disease of rage and ignorance that are magnified by mass media and digital technology.

and yet like cascading water, the vulnerable will continue forging a path for their redemption. orders and systems be damned.   

triumphantly, emmanuel and madonna have realized their artistic vision. they found a brilliant conduit in mykko. surrounded by a lovely cast of actors, he personifies the persecuted lot of this world that soldier on. and the third person narration of madonna, more heard and little seen, give more focus on the film's message. 

"dark ballet" is a fine addition to Madonna's exceptional videography. 

The song:

WOW. WOW. WOW.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!

Should have filmed my reactions to those sudden "gear changes". :laugh:  Wasn't expecting anything like that.

The video: It's been a while since she's released a visual this powerful. BRAVO! :clap: