Crave - Madonna ONLY version?

1 hour ago, bliss94 said:

And is it racist when there's no white woman or man in a Drake video? 

white people are not a repressed race. I really hate comments/arguments like this. 

15 minutes ago, TRVC said:

white people are not a repressed race. I really hate comments/arguments like this. 

It’s the same people who want Straight Pride Parades 😒

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

It's strange how the version with out Swae Lee hasn't really been heard by the fans or hasn't showed up on the internet yet. 

4 minutes ago, Amelia said:

It's strange how the version with out Swae Lee hasn't really been heard by the fans or hasn't showed up on the internet yet. 

Radio edits for Hot AC/AC are usually never "officially" put up on YouTube or up for purchase. It's only for radio stations that are afraid to rock the boat with their 30-60 year old audience. 

11 hours ago, dubtronic said:

taken from a post by Blackoutzone on Minfintiy:

https://instaud.io/private/2fe13c13d0a04e464f13e18d1b85c0add2d2aed5

This is an official edit sent to AC Radio I exported from AllAccess, sadly the quality isn't the best so it would be great if someone could provide lossless track from some promo CD if it exists

https://www.allaccess.com/

.D1Iw4hi.png

LMAO. Was this done by the same guy that have us the Erotica and Cherish edits from Celebration?

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Isn't this a bit racist, as deleting the black guy and leaving only the comfortable white woman so the listeners don't get a fright and their absurd bubble bursts? 

Yes it is. That these stations targeting listeners of 40-60 y.o. imagine that they must suppress the presence of a rapper of a song so that it does not frighten listeners constitutes an inadmissible musical segregation in 2019.

2 hours ago, TRVC said:

Yes of course: only whites are racist...never black, OK!

His backing vocals are great on the track, but I had to get use to his voice on his verse at about 2:20. He sings in a way that's been pretty trendy on the radio.

51 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Yes it is. That these stations targeting listeners of 40-60 y.o. imagine that they must suppress the presence of a rapper of a song so that it does not frighten listeners constitutes an inadmissible musical segregation in 2019.

Thank you.

they play edited version of katy perry's songs too. it's not unusual, but i think it's going to change when their listeners are predominantly from the generation that grew up in the 90s or after. we're still several years away from that. 

8 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Horrible. Reminds me of those Wisteria Lane neighborhoods were people live isolated and afraid of reality.

• 1 month later...

Of course, not every AC station plays the same version of a given song. At No. 13 on this week’s AC chart is “Crave,” a recent Madonna collaboration with Swae Lee, that finds the Rae Sremmurd member crooning alongside the pop superstar. Although Swae Lee is not rapping on “Crave,” a solo Madonna edit has been serviced to AC radio -- a decision loaded with implications related to the format's largely white, middle-aged listener base and the type of artists they want to hear. (The majority of the reporting AC stations have played the version of “Crave” with Swae Lee, which is why he is credited on the chart.)

Peake has played the version with Swae Lee on KOST -- “It’s really good to hear that combination together,” he says -- while Petrone favors the solo edit for WHUD. “Maybe he’s not rapping per se, but it’s close enough, and he’s not really singing, either,” he says. “It was unnecessary.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/radio/8519545/adult-contemporary-radio-hip-hop-issues

On 6/5/2019 at 3:17 PM, bliss94 said:

Yes of course: only whites are racist...never black, OK!

BAN

is there a medellin version without maluma

i don't really have any problem with non-rap edits for AC radio. these stations are often played as background music at offices, supermarkets, and the waiting room at the dentist. they'd probably edit out eminem too. and they don't play EDM or metal. "crave" is a unique situation in that it's a "rap" artist who's kind of half-singing?

Peake has played the version with Swae Lee on KOST -- “It’s really good to hear that combination together,” he says -- while Petrone favors the solo edit for WHUD. “Maybe he’s not rapping per se, but it’s close enough, and he’s not really singing, either,” he says. “It was unnecessary.”

:manson: 

I don't know where you guys live but here, Canada, it's common practice to re-launch an original song again. But with a rapper in it and it becomes the only radio version played. I never heard a song where they cut the "rap" part. Usually it's the original song of the new edit. Anyways. Crave is amazing and shouldn't be touch at all. Even for the tour.

I love Crave just the way Madonna gave it to us... dripping with mmmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm!  Eargasm x1000%

2 hours ago, promise to try said:

he is singing, not rapping.But I would like to hear that republican version of crave

Seriously. It makes no sense. And I wonder if M even knows about it; I have to assume she’d refuse (if she could). 

Ugh...this whole issue is so wtf to me. It’s a duet and it’s LOVELY! Best song on the album and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Swae Lee’s part. It makes the whole song tbh. 

Lol why are people calling it a rap? He's literally singing 😂😂😂 but tbh i think his part is meh. I'd rather just hear her. I dont think his one verse and background vocals add anything to the song. He literally sounds like any other voice on radio which makes it weird AC took him out.

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

Lol why are people calling it a rap? He's literally singing 😂😂😂 but tbh i think his part is meh. I'd rather just hear her. I dont think his one verse and background vocals add anything to the song. He literally sounds like any other voice on radio which makes it weird AC took him out.

I guess they'd also produce Mel B-less versions of the Spice Girls as they all sing but she raps huh?