Crave - Madonna ONLY version?

I saw this mention in the Billboard article but never heard of it before. 

Is it real? Has anyone heard it? Is Swae Lee just edited out, or are the vocals replaced with more Madonna?

I wanna hear!

3 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

This bothers me, it may be my favorite duet of hers

Exactly.  It is so rude to cut out someone in a proper duet.  It is not like the song is too long.  It seems a bit racist to be honest.

Edited by sul8323

3 hours ago, Logan said:

I saw this mention in the Billboard article but never heard of it before. 

Is it real? Has anyone heard it? Is Swae Lee just edited out, or are the vocals replaced with more Madonna?

I wanna hear!

His background vocals are still in but his verses are out. Basically it goes after the middle chorus then straight to the bridge. 

The article states half the stations are playing the Madonna only version, because the listeners don't know who swae is. Like they can't learn!

Another person says that even for AC it is too much of a hooky rap!  not a rap at all

52 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

The article states half the stations are playing the Madonna only version, because the listeners don't know who swae is. Like they can't learn!

Another person says that even for AC it is too much of a hooky rap!  not a rap at all

So dumb. I hate radio for this reason. They’ll play hits from ten years ago rather than play a true variety of new music.

4 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Swae Lee is kind of the highlight of Crave. 

Did they officially release Crave the one without Swae? 

Is there an official version without Swae Lee on it? 

Who edited it?

I don't think Interscope officially edited it. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

2 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I didn't know him either but I really Like his voice!

Edited by Edivad

taken from a post by Blackoutzone on Minfintiy:

https://instaud.io/private/2fe13c13d0a04e464f13e18d1b85c0add2d2aed5

This is an official edit sent to AC Radio I exported from AllAccess, sadly the quality isn't the best so it would be great if someone could provide lossless track from some promo CD if it exists

https://www.allaccess.com/

.D1Iw4hi.png

45 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Is that version without Swae Lee an official release from Interscope? 

Obviously it is. A bunch of radio stations aren’t going to get that from some random nobody.

What a joke. Why the fuck would they cut his gorgeous verse from this? His voice is like butter. And compliments Madonnas voice to perfection. 

Medellin was my favorite duet until Crave came along. 

Radio had become a complete and total shell of what it once was. On any other planet this would’ve been been the number 1 song for the second week in a row. 

1 hour ago, Jitterbug said:

I generally don’t like rappers as i find they are so full of themselves. 

The M fans who hate rappers, are actually the ones who are so full of themselves. Sorry. Safe, non-adventurous, complacent bitchy gay snowflakes who do not really explore anything out of their narrow miserable cocoon. 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

What a joke. Why the fuck would they cut his gorgeous verse from this? His voice is like butter. And compliments Madonnas voice to perfection. 

Radio had become a complete and total shell of what it once was. On any other planet this would’ve been been the number 1 song for the second week in a row. 

100%

Swae Lee is the highlight of Crave. 

How come Interscope decided to cut Swae Lee part? 

They decided to do the Swae Lee collaboration to get it easier to get radio airplay in the first place and now they cut the Swae Lee part which is not understandable. The fact that They are afraid that Crave won't get airplay from AC stations because Swae Lee part, is very silly. 

I don't understand why they didn't release Crave to top 40 stations since Crave is Swae Lee collaboration which makes it easier to get airplay at top 40 stations since Swae Lee is a prominent rap, R&B act that top 40 stations like to play. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

6 hours ago, dubtronic said:

This is an official edit sent to AC Radio I exported from AllAccess, sadly the quality isn't the best so it would be great if someone could provide lossless track from some promo CD if it exists

.D1Iw4hi.png

Amateurish edit. The cut is so obvious.

3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The M fans who hate rappers, are actually the ones who are so full of themselves. Sorry. Safe, non-adventurous, complacent bitchy gay snowflakes who do not really explore anything out of their narrow miserable cocoon. 

I like female rappers. and old school rappers. Didn't want to sound sexist so omitted the male part. 🙂

5 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I like the rap in Crave but i would love a Madonna only version for the song. I didn’t like the Maluma rap in Medellin. I generally don’t like rappers as i find they are so full of themselves. 

There is literally no rap in Crave

Isn't this a bit racist, as deleting the black guy and leaving only the comfortable white woman so the listeners don't get a fright and their absurd bubble bursts? 

33 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Isn't this a bit racist, as deleting the black guy and leaving only the comfortable white woman so the listeners don't get a fright and their absurd bubble bursts? 

And is it racist when there's no white woman or man in a Drake video? 

38 minutes ago, karbatal said:

This is very common practice on Hot AC/AC stations for songs that have a rap feature and even on adult contemporary stations worldwide. Even Spain leaves out the rap verses in radio edits of english pop songs. 

Crave is perfect as it is

I'd definitely take a version of Future with a second M verse instead of Quavos though

9 hours ago, dubtronic said:

.D1Iw4hi.png

they bastardized the bridge... AWFUL...

33 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

This is very common practice on Hot AC/AC stations for songs that have a rap feature and even on adult contemporary stations worldwide. Even Spain leaves out the rap verses in radio edits of english pop songs. 

What people re saying is that there is no rap in Crave. This is a verse sung by a black man, but rap that does not make.