Madonna @ Graham Norton show (June 14th)

I loved M on the show...sometimes her shyness, bluntness and sarcky humour is misinterpreted as being haughty and cold.

She made me laugh with reference to her medication not having kicked in and her awkward interaction with McKellan :chuckle:

Who cares what basics on Twitter think.

11 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Watching now... so far she said NOTHING wrong.. im telling you, it’s the « look » that’s throwing people off. 

The look is perfect

reminds me of Dita look was extreme at times as well

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Wait.. it’s that Ian guy who is sorta rude to madonna. Not the other way around. Ugh, social media, fuck off

They say she is old, drunk, strange.. And they use t. word.

Twitter misogyny at its best. 

52 minutes ago, Gus said:

Thanks so much for this!

Twitter, you can fuck off!

M was FAB!  No one mentioned she’d name dropped Boy George at the start? (In my mind, a thank you for him picking up for her on twitter a lot of times). 

No one mentioned Danny Boyle fucking loves her?! You could tell, he was in awe of her ❤️

This Ian Mc shite can fuck off! I seen her be polite, joke, convers, hug and kiss him a happy birthday, jest... I really didn’t see what the twitter cunts seen. 🤔🤷‍♀️🙄

Cheryl Crow I thought with that ‘my kids watch cartoons if not I know where there are’ type speak left me cold... but M jested with her afterwards so thought I picked that up wrong.

I really loved that interview... Graham gave her so much time at the start , you’d think it was her own. 💕

2 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

She was really disrespectful to Ian McKellen. Why? Why does she get so cold and prickly with people. Such a negative piece of PR when so many people are watching. She does herself no favours by being so haughty with people.

Oh stop the drama- I just watched it - she was her usual cheeky self- she was NOT disrespectful at all - she even hugged him after that video he showed where Hugh Jackman wished him 80th birthday.    The whole segment was fun and lighted hearted. And Stop reading shit from Twitter! Can we just have a day to celebrate MADAME X- without Debbie downers

I feel like I watched a different interview...

Her being ‘haughty’  I’ve seen mentioned a few times tonight, and ALL of them came from MNation, not twitter.

Whats going on? That’s just weird.

45 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Watching now... so far she said NOTHING wrong.. im telling you, it’s the « look » that’s throwing people off. 

Agree with this. I think the look put people off a bit but who cares. I never go on Twitter now for this reason - it's just people moaning, criticising and showing off. 

Still think the interaction with Ian Mckellen was awkward, maybe because they both felt they should be top billing, but the rest was fine. 

Just would have liked more Madonna time and a song would have been amazing. 

4 minutes ago, Silverfox said:

Agree with this. I think the look put people off a bit but who cares. I never go on Twitter now for this reason - it's just people moaning, criticising and showing off. 

Still think the interaction with Ian Mckellen was awkward, maybe because they both felt they should be top billing, but the rest was fine. 

Just would have liked more Madonna time and a song would have been amazing. 

Isn’t it interesting how they come for the obvious target? I thought Ian came across as super arrogant to madonna, being very dismissive. But he’s a 80 year old man poking fun at himself and his age while also at the same time clearly seeing himself as someone who wanted the attention.

I noticed Cheryl seemed distant too while M was friendly with her.

the person sitting next to her  seemed so happy to see Madonna. Did anyone notice that?

I found the part when the booze kicked in and she spread her legs endearing. She was dying for a drink. 😝

So far I've only seen the part where she shades jellybean and I love the interview, grills and all. Like A boss.

I see none of this arrogance from Ian. He's always been playful and was keeping up with M and her quirks. Lord, it's always "shade" or "coldness." They clearly got along although I laughed when she scooted away from him and he reeled her back. The Sheryl Crow one was indeed awkward of course since she made comments a while back about Madonna I believe. All in all, it was funny and delightful.

27 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Isn’t it interesting how they come for the obvious target? I thought Ian came across as super arrogant to madonna, being very dismissive. But he’s a 80 year old man poking fun at himself and his age while also at the same time clearly seeing himself as someone who wanted the attention.

I noticed Cheryl seemed distant too while M was friendly with her.

the person sitting next to her  seemed so happy to see Madonna. Did anyone notice that?

Yes Cheryl was quite distant. Probably a bit embarrassed by her previous  comments when Madonna was being very warm and friendly with her. Or maybe just unsure of what Madonna was going to say next. Madonna is such a huge star and we forget that puts everyone else on edge, so it instantly changes the dynamic when she is sharing the airtime with others. 

I noticed that Sheryl was the only one Madonna gave a kiss to. She shook hands with everyone else. 😂

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

She seemed very uncomfortable with that corset and sometimes felt like she was out of breath. 

It is distracting tbh. It made the grillz look comfortable.

3 minutes ago, Jairo said:

It is distracting tbh. It made the grillz look comfortable.

It was a bit distracting but I liked that she made light of it at the beginning. That Temperley London dress she wore for press was stunning. That would have been cool. 

Anyone who doesn't follow @madonnaoutfits on Instagram should check it out 

1 minute ago, Silverfox said:

Anyone who doesn't follow @madonnaoutfits on Instagram should check it out 

Incredible account!

Guest ditaluver

I sometimes feel the persona, the costume makes her come off so rigid and just unrelatable

I love her but the last few albums she shows up to these interviews so much in costume that she looks stiff and uptight 

I love the costumes etc but she looks uncomfortable and acts so stiff! 

Then the interviews edit the piece and she looks cold. Take the Today show interview. She was so cool during the unedited piece

Oh come on she wasn’t rude to Sir Ian at all! In fact I felt some good chemistry between them and I liked his sense of humor. I didn’t like her outfit at all though. She did look uncomfortable in it and she’s gorgeous and she can look a lot better than that without the eyepatch, grillz and with a different outfit and hairstyle. On that Brazilian Spotify video she looks stunning. But this is just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, ditaluver said:

I sometimes feel the persona, the costume makes her come off so rigid and just unrelatable

I love her but the last few albums she shows up to these interviews so much in costume that she looks stiff and uptight 

I love the costumes etc but she looks uncomfortable and acts so stiff! 

Then the interviews edit the piece and she looks cold. Take the Today show interview. She was so cool during the unedited piece

And it’s not consistent, because the grillz have nothing to do with madame x, but she still wears them.. it’s at these moments (along with others..) she needs people to tell her what looks good and what doesnt. Not ass lickers.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

And it’s not consistent, because the grillz have nothing to do with madame x, but she still wears them.. it’s at these moments (along with others..) she needs people to tell her what looks good and what doesnt. Not ass lickers.

I think people do but she just doesn’t care. I really hate those grillz and don’t know one single person who likes them on her or anybody for that matter. And I agree, I’d like to see her more natural and elegant during interviews saving her persona for the shows cause she even looks uncomfortable wearing all of that and it’s not like she’s making a statement with it. 

Um..oh my wow...sorry but that was HARD..actually, *sorry-ish but kind of cringe to watch!😯🤔😖  second one/instant (demeanor, tone, etc..). One of her worst interviews? Makes Letterman 1994 look iconic and glorious. She was at least still her true self and didnt give a flying sh!t. She has a LOT on her mind. Who? (GP/non loon casual fan would not sense that?) Cant remember the last time I've seen her so disconnected, disinterested, meh about an era/life, insecure and somewhat 'troubled'. But w/ M theres never NO concrete reason for her acting, speaking, moving, etc etc..a certain way. 😞