MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

Guest eroticerotic

Ugh less than two more weeks!  I love that this seems to be mostly an avant-garde ish album. 

The high scoring reviews have me excited! Not necessarily for my own enjoyment (I try to not let a review skew that) but for the masses. It's positive reinforcement for her, her team and for perception to the outside. 

15 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Still waiting on Billboard, Entertainment Weekly, New York Times, etc.

... Pitchfork 😁

Guest jamesshot

I've got to rant for a second-

Can't some of these motherfuckers write a review about, you know, the actual fucking music and not their personal feelings or agenda against Madonna? She isn't relevant? Who cares you fucking deranged POS. Review the music, thanks. We will decide if she is relevant, not some fucking lowlife who probably hates women because no one will fuck him. Incels have taken over the critics circles. Shove your tiresome, clique back handed compliments straight up your poorly wiped asses. 

I also don't need to hear what they think of her talents. There is an agenda there. They throw it in so casually so it seems as accepted fact. Her detractors do it all the time. It is tiresome. We don't need for you to conjecture about how you "think" the song is awesome due to Mirwais or whoever. I wonder what the music of the most successful woman of all time has in common? Oh yes, MADONNA! Funny how many of her collaborators can never duplicate the success they have with her. Oh, it must be all the men she surrounds herself with, right? Yeah, you're onto her secret you incel, melon fucking assholes. 

I don't need you to tell me how old she is. I can do math, thanks. While we are at it, how old are you? Whatever age, the way you act and write about Madonna would be embarrassing for anyone who is older than 10. It is hard to believe some of you are taken seriously when you cannot separate your personal feelings from your professional judgement. May your fingers find a chainsaw to run into. She's 60? FOR REAL? No way. Who would've known? 

I don't know where the hate and vitriol comes from. No other artists is treated this way that I know of. The disrespect is off the charts yet all you knuckle-dragging fucktards, at the end of the day, have to give a good review when you know the product is quality lest you stand out when everyone else comes out with a positive review and you're the outlier. So you begrudgingly give it up, though not without many qualifiers about how she has a few clunky lyrics (don't they all you fuckers? Do you point those out?) or she picks the right people. Lets but real, at the end of the day, you fuckers know it is Madonna who is the talent behind the product you just endorsed though you'll never say it out loud. Shhhh it'll out little secret. Now, fuck off into a beehive.

On the whole I think the reviews have been super welcoming. And are adding to the the excitement and roll out of this era. I take my hat off to whoever in her team sorted out the security issues to provide a leak free era! 

There are some points in the NME review of RH that I agree with and felt at the time, like wishing she cane back with a full on house inspired LP produced by Diplo or Hercules and Love Affair.

45 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

Can't some of these motherfuckers write a review about, you know, the actual fucking music and not their personal feelings or agenda against Madonna? She isn't relevant? Who cares you fucking deranged POS. Review the music, thanks. We will decide if she is relevant, not some fucking lowlife who probably hates women because no one will fuck him. Incels have taken over the critics circles. Shove your tiresome, clique back handed compliments straight up your poorly wiped asses. 

I also don't need to hear what they think of her talents. There is an agenda there. They throw it in so casually so it seems as accepted fact. Her detractors do it all the time. It is tiresome. We don't need for you to conjecture about how you "think" the song is awesome due to Mirwais or whoever. I wonder what the music of the most successful woman of all time has in common? Oh yes, MADONNA! Funny how many of her collaborators can never duplicate the success they have with her. Oh, it must be all the men she surrounds herself with, right? Yeah, you're onto her secret you incel, melon fucking assholes. 

I don't need you to tell me how old she is. I can do math, thanks. While we are at it, how old are you? Whatever age, the way you act and write about Madonna would be embarrassing for anyone who is older than 10. It is hard to believe some of you are taken seriously when you cannot separate your personal feelings from your professional judgement. May your fingers find a chainsaw to run into. She's 60? FOR REAL? No way. Who would've known? 

I don't know where the hate and vitriol comes from. No other artists is treated this way that I know of. The disrespect is off the charts yet all you knuckle-dragging fucktards, at the end of the day, have to give a good review when you know the product is quality lest you stand out when everyone else comes out with a positive review and you're the outlier. So you begrudgingly give it up, though not without many qualifiers about how she has a few clunky lyrics (don't they all you fuckers? Do you point those out?) or she picks the right people. Lets but real, at the end of the day, you fuckers know it is Madonna who is the talent behind the product you just endorsed though you'll never say it out loud. Shhhh it'll out little secret. Now, fuck off into a beehive.

I KNOW!  And it is like 2/3 of the review in some cases, and only a brief mentence of the songs --the worst ones that they hated.

All of the reviewers above have been good to her, even with MDNA and Rebel Heart, I believe, except for Pitchfork.  I think Pitchfork might even be impressed with some of the risks she took here??

Guest jamesshot

At the end of the day, the only review that matters to me is mine. 

Pitchfork can fork itself. 

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

Bingo!!

3 hours ago, jamesshot said:

AMAZING post!  Thank you!

”With minimal talent but a whole lot of ambition and a knack for surrounding herself with the right people.”  Fuck off.

Guest jamesshot

If only they would set aside their prejudices. Sometimes I don't know what to make of reviews because they just always seem to have an agenda with her. Even the great reviews I wonder if the writer has an agenda and would the rating be higher if they didn't. 

Whatever the case, she seems to have delivered something interesting.

Guest jamesshot
3 minutes ago, Shane said:

AMAZING post!  Thank you!

”With minimal talent but a whole lot of ambition and a knack for surrounding herself with the right people.”  Fuck off.

Yes, that one is a classic. They swipe that from the "Madonna Hall of Fame lazy, tiresome put down clique's and other absurdities."