MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It always AMAZES me from the anglosaxon journalism style how they refer to the person during the article. I mean "the “Get Together” chart-topper"??? Of all the songs! hahahaha. Lovely article, by the way. She needs as much positive press as possible. 

😂me, I’m very happy with whatever they are writing if it’s positive.

15 hours ago, headonfire said:

My view is that we got the most commercially sounding songs first to maximise the visibility and reach of the album across different markets and we will get the more innovative and experimental ones with the album -- which probably came down to a decision from Interscope and Maverick.

I love all 4 songs released so far, and I'm sure the quality will be the same and above what we got so far.

:thumbsup:

Precisely

the telegraph shit is all about age. are we living in 2019? very surprised that one of the famous newspapers in the UK is still living in the biased world.

4 minutes ago, justinian said:

It's not a review. It's their stupid article from April when Madonna released the album teaser.

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

It's not a review. It's their stupid article from April when Madonna released the album teaser.

Don’t they realize that the majority of people who would bother to read their article on Madonna are her fucking fans????? How absolutely ignorant to be this nasty disrespectful! Is there a way to confront this dickhead? 

2 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Don’t they realize that the majority of people who would bother to read their article on Madonna are her fucking fans????? How absolutely ignorant to be this nasty disrespectful! Is there a way to confront this dickhead? 

He wrote this two days before Medellin was released. 😂

8 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

Sounds like we are in for one hell of a ride with this album. Her creativity seems to be on peak and I’m sure there will be intense discussions here about the weirdness of it all. Can’t wait for June 14! This album will be my life’s soundtrack for the entire year, I, sure. 

Amen!!

So looking forward to June 14

54 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Is Madonna Cersei Lannister or Daenerys Targaryen of pop?

She is obviously not loved by some critics. They would like see her doing Vegas shows more instead of creating new music.

Haha,  those 2 legendary icons MAKE the show. They are the reason people watch it. Madonna is the perfect combination of BOTH of them. The Game of Pop would be NOTHING without her.

p.s: I remember M is a Daenerys stan tho.

Just now, Andra said:

Haha,  those 2 legendary icons MAKE the show. They are the reason people watch it. Madonna is the perfect combination of BOTH of them. The Game of Pop would be NOTHING without her.

Indeed. But Madonna has been treated unfairly like these two amazing characters.

5 minutes ago, Andra said:

p.s: I remember M is a Daenerys stan tho.

Well, they butchered Danny’s character. The show ended extremely rushed and disappointing. Unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

Really interesting reviews. They hate to love Madonna and it shows. But in the end they give high rates and clap at the audacity and experimental side "while others send jazz standards" :chuckle:

🤣 👍

From her early days of moderate singing, writing and dancing ability .... Same old shite ... They should really do their research better or perhaps quit downright lying on purpose. You don't get selected by University of Michigan, Alvin Ailey and Martha Graham's inner circle if you don't possess talent

Just review the album in question and tell us whether you liked it or not and why, preferably without adding all the usual unwarranted projections and back handed trite garbage

13 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Indeed. But Madonna has been treated unfairly like these two amazing characters.

Cersei blowing up the sept was her ROL era.

10 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Well, they butchered Danny’s character. The show ended extremely rushed and disappointing. Unfortunately. 

Yeah,  I sort of erased that shit out of my memory,.

6 hours ago, Crozzauk said:

I did appreciate the "lick their wounds and deliver a jazz standards album to radio 2" line though. Gaga? Kylie?

These reviews do all have a strange tone - begrudgingly admitting the album is good. It definitely sounds like it is full of some indulgent moments, and some lyrics that are on the weaker side, but at least they are her words and she is trying to say something that is ultimately positive. Who else in pop music is doing that at the age of 60. Who has ever done that in pop music at the age of 60? 

The white saviour line is a bit unfair i think, but i can imagine how the casual listener does perceive her like that, given some of the things she says and does, and particularly given how vacuous everyone in the pop market is nowadays.  

Especially those quoted from Killers Who Are Partying. Reminds me of the poem she read in IGTTYAS. :lol:

I’m sure it will blend better with the music. 

Guest Future feat Quavo

I'm most worried about Pitchfork... I'm expecting below a 6/10, dragging the whole MC score down

15 minutes ago, Future feat Quavo said:

I'm most worried about Pitchfork... I'm expecting below a 6/10, dragging the whole MC score down

same. Pitchfork hates her recent albums. HC 5.3 MDNA 4.5 (understandable lol) RH 5.1

Even COADF only has 6.2

I just hope madame x can get at least 6.

4 minutes ago, ffggg8526 said:

same. Pitchfork hates her recent albums. HC 5.3 MDNA 4.5 (understandable lol) RH 5.1

Even COADF only has 6.2

I just hope madame x can get at least 6.

MDNA might not be her strongest album, but 4.5 is silly, not to mention 6.2 for COADF. They are just full of shit. 😂

I’m intrigued by the fact that so many reviews are focusing on the lyrics of Killers Who Are Partying, but we still have no clue what style of music the song features, tempo, pace, etc.

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

I’m intrigued by the fact that so many reviews are focusing on the lyrics of Killers Who Are Partying, but we still have no clue what style of music the song features, tempo, pace, etc.

They’re triggered by those lyrics cuz they ain’t woke aka awakened! Lol Madonna’s message in this is obviously about how we are all ONE and that unless we all come together and end suffering, there won’t be peace on earth. But these dumb reviewers don’t get it, not even a tiny bit, as they misread the lyrics and try to shade M for such “outrageous” writing. How dare she put Islam and Israel together in the same context!! 

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

because it's an easy way to bring down the album. they found something and cling to it and avoid talking about the quality of the music..

Guest Future feat Quavo

Full of shit or not, Pitchfork might be the most respected (weighted) publication on Metacritic and 5.5-5.9/10 being generous is pretty disappointing. The Telegraph giving 3 Stars is not good either 

9 minutes ago, Nikki said:

because it's an easy way to bring down the album. they found something and cling to it and avoid talking about the quality of the music..

Didnt the Telegraph call it disco or did I misread?

1 minute ago, Future feat Quavo said:

Full of shit or not, Pitchfork might be the most respected (weighted) publication on Metacritic and 5.5-5.9/10 being generous is pretty disappointing. The Telegraph giving 3 Stars is not good either 

It is still full of shit! ❤️

I've been reading reviews since Music (since internet was evrywhere). They hardly ever come close to my own listening experience. I guess I keep reading them because its the anticipation that is part of the fun. 

I much prefer a proper interview though. 

The Telegraph took the time to mention that she hasn't had a top 10 hit in the UK since 2009, when they review fellow legend's Bruce Springsteen's new Album, I'm SURE they'll take the time to mention that he hasn't had a top 10 hit in the UK since 1994, that's how it works right????