MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

18 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

A 3 star review is not good, it is a score of 60 out of 100.

Omg they gave Confessions 3.5!! Why do you care what they think?? And ROL deserved a 5+ not a 4

i can not wait for more reviews actually. I find it fun to read them while waiting the album to come. Tomorrow the embargo is over and i am sure we will soon get more info about the songs. Some negative reviews will come but Madonna is also loved. We should not be too worried!

Edited by samosamosamo

11 hours ago, robster said:

People put too much importance on reviews. At the end of the day they are also merely just an opinion by someone. Okay, they are professionals so you might hope to expect a certain amount of skill and objectivity, BUT, it's an opinion nonetheless. I mostly read reviews to get some info on tracks before we get to hear them for ourselves. It's always nice when you can read glowing reviews and a project is a critical success, but good or bad reviews won't have any influence on my own opinion of an album!

Bravo 👏

Very well said Robster

And as if a poor review couldn't belie ulterior motives anyway ..... 

Some fans look at Madonna's career through third party lenses rather than enjoying the process and evaluating the offered material based solely on their taste and the effects her work stimulates, regardless of the projections, expectations and in the worst case scenario the wishful thinking of "media voices" with their full array of back handed compliments who are detractors per se to begin with

19 hours ago, Humberto77rj said:

I just read this from a Brazilian newspaper:

"The only issue with Madonna is that she dared to age in front of the world.

She did not die like Michael Jackson, or left the Spotlight to live only as a recording artist, not a touring one. She doesn't live solely by greatest hits like Cindy Lauper or Elton Jhon. She is living as a woman creating and making new music, wether you want it or not."

Seriously...Madame X NEEDS to come to Brazil/South America.

:clap:

4 hours ago, Humberto77rj said:

O Globo, Segundo Caderno.

Obrigado!

Wish some would stop posting RS' initial, apparently-wrong 3 1/2-star review of LAP. The RS Album Guide that came out in the early '90s had it as 4.5, as did another after that. One read of that glowing review, and it''s obvious the missing fourth star was a typo (and one they never bothered to fix online). Would a 3.5-star review include the words "As close to art as pop music gets"? No. This was the only "negative" mentioned: "The worst that can be said of the album’s obviously confessional numbers is that they engender such powerful emotions that an admirable pop song like 'Keep It Together' seems almost trivial by comparison (when in fact it’s a rather impressive invocation of the importance of family)."

In any event, that was a different time. MX may well be a strong album and receive critical raves, but is not likely to endure critically like her earlier works.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:58 AM, Nikki said:

I think they’re just going by the lyrics. The earth song description sounds great to me.. I remember ‘Isaac’ getting bad marks as well. Same with Devil Pray. I think it’ll be really good.

anytime Madonna has a point of view   its always shunned ...im used to it

Madge album review

WITH just ten days to go until her first album in four years, Madame X, anticipation is mounting for Madonna’s return.

I’m no expert when it comes to the Queen Of Pop so I sent Bizarre’s pop supremo Howell Davies to take a first listen of the full record to see if it lives up to the hype . . .

Madonna's will release her new album in ten days

SAY what you like about Madonna – she’s never boring.

In an industry which is quickly becoming devoid of personality, she has returned with her most diverse and out-there record ever.

Madame X sees Madge sing in Portuguese on a handful of the tracks including the upbeat Crazy and Bitch, I’m Loca, on which she teams up with Maluma again.

And she’s as cheeky as ever on the tune, which ends with her telling the Reggaeton star: “You can put it inside.”

Dark Ballet features a high-octane reimagining of the Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy while she addresses under-fire minority groups in Killers Who Are Partying.

I Don’t Search I Find harks back to the Nineties with an ambient trance beat, which is totally different from God Control and Come Alive, which feature vocals by Tiffin Children’s Choir, from South West London.

This collection could easily have felt like a clash of cultures gone too far, but there’s very little she can’t turn her hand to.

It’s ultra-contemporary, packed with variety and totally unlike anything she has done before.

Just like she did in 1998 with Ray Of Light, this is Madonna’s reinvention.

More at The Sun

23 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Madge album review

WITH just ten days to go until her first album in four years, Madame X, anticipation is mounting for Madonna’s return.

I’m no expert when it comes to the Queen Of Pop so I sent Bizarre’s pop supremo Howell Davies to take a first listen of the full record to see if it lives up to the hype . . .

In an industry which is quickly becoming devoid of personality, she has returned with her most diverse and out-there record ever.

Madame X sees Madge sing in Portuguese on a handful of the tracks including the upbeat Crazy and Bitch, I’m Loca, on which she teams up with Maluma again.

And she’s as cheeky as ever on the tune, which ends with her telling the Reggaeton star: “You can put it inside.”

Dark Ballet features a high-octane reimagining of the Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy while she addresses under-fire minority groups in Killers Who Are Partying.

I Don’t Search I Find harks back to the Nineties with an ambient trance beat, which is totally different from God Control and Come Alive, which feature vocals by Tiffin Children’s Choir, from South West London.

This collection could easily have felt like a clash of cultures gone too far, but there’s very little she can’t turn her hand to.

It’s ultra-contemporary, packed with variety and totally unlike anything she has done before.

More at The Sun

Wow they definitely liked it

I still have yet to see a thoughtful and in depth review from these so called reviewers. Sigh. Maybe we will have to wait for those closer to the release... 

I think it's safe to say all the singles she has released/previewed pre album release won't be as good as the singles she releases post album. 

It feels like Medellin, Crave, Future, I Rise are not the albums strongest songs.

1 minute ago, air1975 said:

I still have yet to see a thoughtful and in depth review from these so called reviewers. Sigh. Maybe we will have to wait for those closer to the release... 

The were all drunk at the listening party. 😂

1 hour ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Madge album review

More at The Sun

Why they say danse of the suger plum fairy, the part from Dark Ballet is Danse des Mirlitons. You know classical music please. 

1 hour ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Madge album review

More at The Sun

So good. Can't wait for June 14th.

I have said it many times, but this album will be another creative peak for M. I feel it. She is going to gives us EVERYTHING we want and more.

49 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I think it's safe to say all the singles she has released/previewed pre album release won't be as good as the singles she releases post album. 

It feels like Medellin, Crave, Future, I Rise are not the albums strongest songs.

My view is that we got the most commercially sounding songs first to maximise the visibility and reach of the album across different markets and we will get the more innovative and experimental ones with the album -- which probably came down to a decision from Interscope and Maverick.

I love all 4 songs released so far, and I'm sure the quality will be the same and above what we got so far.