MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

Why is Rolling Stones always so shady with the star rating though? Reading that article, it sounds AT LEAST like a 3,5 stars review or more like 4 stars. 

Anyways, interesting that they point out Bitch I'm Loca, Crave and Crazy as highlights while they don't seem to be very fond of Killers. Wasn't that one of the songs that the journalists really enjoyed during that listening party? Might be a good sign though - the album catering to a lot of different tastes.

7 minutes ago, rekha said:

First review?? Relatively positive! 

Yea, based on the critics feedback his rating is conservative but the review sounds super promising for non casual fans

Her RS history:

Debut: no star rating

LAV: 3.5

TB: no star rating

LAP: 3.5

E: 4

BS: 3.5

ROL: 4

Music: 4

AL: 3

Confessions: 3.5

HC: 4

MDNA: 3.5

RH: 3.5

MX: 3

Just now, ibizaboi24 said:

American life is ass????

Right?!?! If this album is anything like AL, we’re in for quite a treat!

bleh, stupid review. didn't get any wiser. and I really don't give a fuck about "bitch im loca" and those sort of tracks.. why is there no talk of Mirwais? this reads like a very short review that only talks about the BASICS (basic being the duets almost no fans really care about), while it completely avoids the interesting tracks

That review can't make up it's mind but from what I managed to gather it's gonna be one for the ages . Can't overstate how excited I am for this record .

Just now, Samo said:

So according to RS, HC, MDNA and RH are better than MX....

Yes and apparently MDNA is totally on par with Confessions . What do you know !

the little I can take from it is: the album is WEIRD. which is good. 2) he hates AL, yet gives this one three stars, meaning we could be getting a very weird/brilliant record 

Thank you for sharing. Fuck the RS lol

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

the little I can take from it is: the album is WEIRD. which is good. 2) he hates AL, yet gives this one three stars, meaning we could be getting a very weird/brilliant record 

My thoughts 😄😄

I am NOT feeling this review. Not terrible but it’s basically saying she’s all over the place (which she did say she was with this album...) I wonder what other reviews will say.

ANY CHANCE for another publication review to come tonight? Anyone?

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Considering they never rated any of her albums over a 4, and LAP was 3.5, I'm not worried one bit.  Not that I was in the first place!  It's a scattered brain review and I'm not sure the reviewer was really into reviewing this album. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Depressing review. But I can't really trust any reviewer who writes, to be printed in a magazine, that an album is "ass". What a jerk. Is this the new style?

This isn’t a music review. It’s a review of how the album reflects Madonna the persona in Rob Sheffield's narrow 2019 view of pop. I didn’t read a single word about the music, except that he found it all bizarre. Additionally, without shade, Rolling Stone is an embarrassment of a shadow of its former incarnation. Nobody with any musical context still subscribes to it. It’s become an American Smash Hits instead of the rock music b!ble it was conceived as. And that’s an insult to Smash Hits. 

Edited by Herfaceremains

13 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

This isn’t a music review. It’s a review of how the album reflects Madonna the persona in Rob Sheffield's narrow 2019 view of pop. I didn’t read a single word about the music, except that he found it all bizarre. Additionally, without shade, Rolling Stone is an embarrassment of a shadow of its former incarnation. Nobody with any musical context still subscribes to it. It’s become an American Smash Hits instead of the rock music b!ble it was conceived as. And that’s an insult to Smash Hits. 

Actually RS has always been pro Madonna, she's been on the cover a record, for a woman, 14 times including the first ever for a woman ALL special edition issue dedicated to her in 2015

If they praised the album, you wouldn't be saying this, let's be real here