Which version of Madame X will be your authentic album experience?

All of Madonna’s albums take you on a journey.

Her last two albums came in multiple editions with unique covers, and Madame X will as well.  MDNA had a deluxe edition that featured four additional studio tracks, and if you bought the physical version, these tracks were actually on a second disc. Rebel Heart was different, because the physical deluxe included the five additional studio tracks on the same disc as the rest of the album.

Madame X will be even more unique, because the digital/physical deluxe will include two extra songs worked into the running order of the standard.

Do you think you will consider the standard or deluxe edition as the authentic album experience for Madame X? Will that depend on whether Extreme Occident and Looking for Mercy are good tracks or simply throwaways? Or have you moved beyond the concept of albums and simply plan to make your own playlist of Madame X tracks?

Let’s discuss!

I feel that the 15-track version is the "real" version. It was the one played at the listening events, it seems to be the one that will be reviewed by critics. 

The extra 3 tracks on the super deluxe or whatever feel like the bonus tracks,  while Extreme Occident and Looking for Mercy seem like part of the core Madame X especially since they aren't just added on to the end. Although if Looking for Mercy is really the worst track, maybe it should just be a 14-track album haha.

I don't really get why the 13-track version exists. 

Definitely 15 track. Especially as those 2 tracks E.O & L.F.M aren't attached to the end but in the sequence of the album

I’ve always treated the deluxe editions (16 track MDNA, 19 track Rebel Heart) like the intended tracklist for each album. I’ll do the same with the 15 track Madame X.

Anything longer, like Madame X’s 18 track version & the 25 track Rebel Heart will just be viewed as... extras.

3 hours ago, Cesky said:

I feel that the 15-track version is the "real" version. It was the one played at the listening events, it seems to be the one that will be reviewed by critics. 

The extra 3 tracks on the super deluxe or whatever feel like the bonus tracks,  while Extreme Occident and Looking for Mercy seem like part of the core Madame X especially since they aren't just added on to the end. Although if Looking for Mercy is really the worst track, maybe it should just be a 14-track album haha.

I don't really get why the 13-track version exists. 

I agree. This is the real album experience. These ‘bonus tracks’ really kills the mood of a tight release. 

Haven't ordered anything yet but I'm thinking the deluxe with the most tracks because for MDNA I listen to the deluxe and for RH the super deluxe.

4 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I consider the Deluxe versions of MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X to be the real versions.

Same here. The 18-track version included in the box set will be my maiden voyage to the land of Madame X. I think it’s important to begin the journey by listening to the record as it is. After a few listens, I just choose my favorites and make my own playlist. For after all, even Madonna tends to have some unbearable songs on her albums. 😆

My favorite Rebel Heart song is Messiah, so for me the main version of the album is the deluxe version. ❤️

15 track version for as this will be the vinyl version, therefore it feels like the real edition. The 3 bonus tracks on the second disc will depend on if I like them.

Somehow I feel like MDNA ends with Falling Free. That's for me the album, and the other songs are just bonus tracks, although I love Beautiful Killer and I think it's better than half of the actual album.

In Rebel Heart, for me the official one is the 19 tracks record. Maybe because it includes the song Rebel Heart that names the album. The rest are just bonus, some of them pretty good, like Beautiful Scars or Addicted.

For me the authentic Madame X album experience will be the 15 tracks version, becauses she's promoting the album with teases of Extreme Occident, one of the bonus tracks. It seems like an important song for the whole experience, although it's just a bonus. The three other songs are bonus. And for me the album cover is the Frida-like one, because that's the cover of  the vinyl and I buy vinyl. 

If Madonna agrees on the 15 album tracks for the listening party then there is not much to discuss. I see a lot of appreciation x the blond cover even when discussing the album content. Wired. The dark one is my choice. To me it takes a stance while the other remains open, almost generic

Edited by samosamosamo

The standard edition is contractual obligation. The deluxe is Madonna's preferred version and the box set is a bonus for super fans willing to shell out the big bucks.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I'll be first experiencing it all digitally, every track.  I feel whatever she releases within this project is what she wants us to hear and that should be the experience. Certainly, the Deluxe version seems to be the album that is mostly pushed.  Digital tracks will be available the day of the release.  Physical copies I've order will come after. I'm one fan who doesn't feel like the experienced is lost if you hear the songs she releases a head of time.  It's no different then in the old days when we would get an single/video or two before the album is released (for any artist).

8 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

I don’t think it’s a wig cap

Whatever it is it looks beautiful on her and goes with the imagery