Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

i think it is absolutely necessary to conduct this impeachment inquiry now. There really is no choice, as Trump is going completely off the rails, having eliminated everyone in his inner circle of power that pushed back in any way on his base instincts. Without some kind of congressional push back that can hold him in some way accountable, he will steal the next election anyway through whatever illegal means he can find.

12 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

i think it is absolutely necessary to conduct this impeachment inquiry now. There really is no choice, as Trump is going completely off the rails, having eliminated everyone in his inner circle of power that pushed back in any way on his base instincts. Without some kind of congressional push back that can hold him in some way accountable, he will steal the next election anyway through whatever illegal means he can find.

This is absolutely accurate.

I suppose my hope was a pipe dream. What I truly wanted to happen in 2020 is for someone to beat him so decisively and resoundingly that there wasn't a shadow of a doubt the American people were tired of his bullshit. But despite everything, he has continued to prove himself so severely unfit for the job of the presidency that Congress truly has no choice at this point. 

I just continue to hang my head in shame for how far he's dragged this country into the mud. 

For the last 3 years, Pelosi has rejected any attempt of impeachment because she wanted to keep the Democrats in a strategic zone that has solidified the image of a party that did not understand its mistakes of the last presidential race. Standard political strategies do not apply against this man. The classical democratic candidates are also a mistake. Democrats must be aggressive, use all the legislative tools at their disposal and think outside the box for their presidential candidate. Joe is not that candidate.

This is all conveniently timed, since the impeachment furor, if carried through, should hit its peak around next summer when it will do the most damage to Trump's re-election efforts.

Maybe the democrats will produce the pee-sex tape too if it even exsists, at an opportune moment... 

I don't see the republicans throwing trump under the bus in the Senate, for the simple reason that there is no one else on their side to compete, and Trump HAS been doing some of what they want (corporate tax cuts, for example).

Guest CzarnaWisnia
17 hours ago, Martin B. said:

For the last 3 years, Pelosi has rejected any attempt of impeachment because she wanted to keep the Democrats in a strategic zone that has solidified the image of a party that did not understand its mistakes of the last presidential race. Standard political strategies do not apply against this man. The classical democratic candidates are also a mistake. Democrats must be aggressive, use all the legislative tools at their disposal and think outside the box for their presidential candidate. Joe is not that candidate.

Trump: goes on to make a ton of illegal activities.

Pelosi says: It's too dangerous to impeach...

Trump: Oh, let's look into this establishment Democrat...

Pelosi: This "new chapter of lawlessness" has gone too far!

The more I watch Trump, the angrier I get. How can this revolting man have  followers and how is this unhinged madman still the president of the USA ? How can the GOP accept him ? How can any American citizen accept their president trying to bribe foreign leaders to look into his political opponents and destroy them. It is complete corruption and actually anti American to the extreme - knowingly getting foreign governments to interfere in American politics. 

He is always deflecting too. The madmen had his methods. It is now corrupt Biden and his son or the fake media. America, the " sucker country "  what a dreadful joke. So obvious and so pathetic. 

On 9/24/2019 at 7:14 PM, Martin B. said:

She, like McConnell in the Senate are scared of impeachment. Nancy fears democratic representatives losing their districts. Which makes no sense. Mitch is using the senate to protect drumpf. It’s a slow coup to hell in the USA. But Pelosi is trying now because she has to with this Ukraine business. Now it seems there are 2 whistleblowers for Ukraine and I heard another one from the IRS. Like in the film All The President’s Men (re:Watergate) there are people out there who aren’t under his tiny thumb. 

I saw on the news this morning that 87 % percent of Republicans are satisfied with Trump (  if we can believe opinion polls )    That completely floors me. I can't imagine anyone liking this revolting man - Democrats or Republicans.  He is just an unhinged, vicious, compulsive liar who has no intelligence and earned all of his money etc through inheriting it.   His behaviour, ethics and atrocious pathetic tweets have actually made being the President of the United States something to now not be proud of.  

On 10/7/2019 at 5:27 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

I saw on the news this morning that 87 % percent of Republicans are satisfied with Trump (  if we can believe opinion polls )    That completely floors me. I can't imagine anyone liking this revolting man - Democrats or Republicans.  He is just an unhinged, vicious, compulsive liar who has no intelligence and earned all of his money etc through inheriting it.   His behaviour, ethics and atrocious pathetic tweets have actually made being the President of the United States something to now not be proud of.  

GOP are a cult. Trump is the puppet and Putin is their leader. 

Drumpf’s scorched earth mentality. He’s pure evil. Why people culted-up around him, especially the fake evilgelicals, I’ll never know. But he did say he loved the uneducated. And boy, did they come a runnin’! 🤦‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Because he will give them the abortion ban and tax cuts. Oh and Muslim ban seems to also favor these religious fanatics. 

It is all so transparent and yet nothing can or will be done about it. 

And neither side is really into stopping him. The Republican Senate is pathetic twisting themselves into human pretzels trying to rationalize for a guy who’d throw them all under the bus in a NY-nanosecond. The democrats drag their feet and pretend they’re doing something. They’ve issued at least 4 subpoenas, and they’re simply ignored. Then nothing is done but whining to the press and on Twitter. It’s political 🐂💩kabuki Theater. 

Fox News has always been considered a reliable pollster. Sometimes the pundits on the air react quite badly to what the numbers people in the back room tell them.

On 10/2/2019 at 4:45 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

The more I watch Trump, the angrier I get. How can this revolting man have  followers and how is this unhinged madman still the president of the USA ? How can the GOP accept him ? How can any American citizen accept their president trying to bribe foreign leaders to look into his political opponents and destroy them. It is complete corruption and actually anti American to the extreme - knowingly getting foreign governments to interfere in American politics. 

He is always deflecting too. The madmen had his methods. It is now corrupt Biden and his son or the fake media. America, the " sucker country "  what a dreadful joke. So obvious and so pathetic. 

Look at Jim Jones. And these religious cults out there. It’s easier to fool someone than to convince someone they’ve been fooled. This is their willfully uneducated and stubborn selves. This guy wouldn’t lift a finger to help any of his base. He said he loves “the uneducated”.