Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Junior

Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Recommended Posts

For Zuckerberg, as long as the money gets in, he doesn’t care what is happening on his platform. 
He’s exactly the reason why social media are so harmful for our societies... worst than Far West. Money, money, money. Nothing else is important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual, money will talk. The longer the boycott, the more Facebook's value will fall on the stock market, which will force the company to finally take responsibility. Secretly, I would like Zuckerberg to continue to persist in saying one thing and its opposite, because, ultimately, I would like Facebook to implode. All the damage that this platform has done over the past decade will not suddenly disappear because they will frame abusive and false comments. The world will be much better the day Facebook and Twitter will dissapear. The premise of social media was to allow everyone to express themselves without censorship, but that was a big mistake. It is impossible to give everyone a platform to express themselves without supervision. Some opinions are unacceptable and do not deserve to be published.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald Trump ‘bullied and got nasty’ with Theresa May during phone calls, officials claim
Former prime minister got nervous and flustered during ‘humiliating’ conversations with US president, Carl Bernstein investigation reveals
Adam Forrest | 3 hours ago 

Donald Trump repeatedly tried to demean Theresa May when she was UK prime minister during a series of “humiliating and bullying” conversations, according to a US report.

The US president is said to have attacked Ms May as weak — calling her “a fool” in her approach to Brexit, NATO and immigration during phone calls held between 2016 and 2019.

Stunning new claims about Mr Trump’s calls with world leaders were made by Carl Bernstein in CNN report, based on accounts from dozens of top officials privy to the conversations in real time or printouts soon afterwards.

“He’d get agitated about something with Theresa May, then he’d get nasty with her on the phone call,” one source told Mr Bernstein, best known for his involvement in breaking the Watergate scandal.

Ms May reportedly became “flustered and nervous” during her conversations with the US president. “He clearly intimidated her and meant to,” said one of the CNN sources.

Mr Trump’s most savage verbal attacks have been aimed at female heads of state, officials suggested — with German chancellor Angel Merkel reportedly coming in for especially rough treatment.

Like Ms May, Ms Merkel was subjected to “near-sadistic” diatribes during her calls with the American leader. “Some of the things he said to Angela Merkel are just unbelievable: he called her ‘stupid’, and accused her of being in the pocket of the Russians,” said one official.

However, unlike the ex-prime minister, Ms Merkel is said to have remained completely calm in the face of the rants, often reciting facts and figures in response, “like water off a duck’s back”.

The calls were felt to be so unusual that special measures were taken to make sure they remained secret, according to a German official — who claimed that the circle of people involved in monitoring the calls had been reduced.

By contrast, Mr Trump is said to have enjoyed friendly calls with Russian president Vladimir Putin and Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan, despite being unprepared and “outplayed” by these autocratic leaders.

One official said Mr Trump “thinks he can build himself up enough as a businessman and tough guy that Putin will respect him”, while another said the conversations with the Russian leader sounded like “two guys in a steam bath”.

The US president also “boasted” about his own personal wealth to heads of state such as Saudi heir Mohammed bin Salman and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.

Two sources told CNN that the calls led several former Trump officials — including national security adviser John Bolton, defence secretary James Mattis, secretary of state Rex Tillerson and White House chief of staff John Kelly — to conclude that the president was often “delusional”.

The White House’s deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews responded to the claims by stating: “President Trump is a world class negotiator who has consistently furthered America’s interests on the world stage … President Trump has shown his ability to advance America’s strategic interests.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trump-theresa-may-builled-nasty-phone-calls-merkel-putin-a9592756.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, horn said:

 

The White House’s deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews responded to the claims by stating: “President Trump is a world class negotiator who has consistently furthered America’s interests on the world stage … President Trump has shown his ability to advance America’s strategic interests.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trump-theresa-may-builled-nasty-phone-calls-merkel-putin-a9592756.html

LOL. The delusion. He has made the USA the laughing stock of the world and what exactly has he done positive for the US economy internationally. The general consensus about the USA at the moment is that the USA are an unreliable partner. Politically and economically. 

And going after Angela Merkel? He is so stupid. That woman has fought men for 30 years, especially in the last 20 years as head of her party and almost 16 years as German chancellor. She is on whole different level and I would like to argue even more powerful than he is. Many times in recent years people said that Angela is the true leader of the free world. And she is well aware of that. I can absolutely see her doing just that:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

LOL. The delusion. He has made the USA the laughing stock of the world and what exactly has he done positive for the US economy internationally. The general consensus about the USA at the moment is that the USA are an unreliable partner. Politically and economically. 

And going after Angela Merkel? He is so stupid. That woman has fought men for 30 years, especially in the last 20 years as head of her party and almost 16 years as German chancellor. She is on whole different level and I would like to argue even more powerful than he is. Many times in recent years people said that Angela is the true leader of the free world. And she is well aware of that. I can absolutely see her doing just that:

 

 

Mutti was obviously the only adult on that phone. I m amazed Americans have accepted such behaviour from their commander in chief and would probably hand him second term this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never forget 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Supreme Court ruled that Trump’s tax returns must be turned over to prosecutors in New York, dealing a major blow to the president.

The historic 7-2 decision forces Mazars USA, a financial accountant long used by Trump and his family business, to comply with a subpoena from Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance, Jr., requesting eight of the president’s most recent personal and corporate returns as part of a grand jury criminal investigation.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-supreme-court-trump-tax-returns-20200709-ybkyhx3fubadzfsp3tob7ytc5m-story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Dumpster shut down Supreme Court? :1251: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wahhhhhhhhh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where’s the problem if he has nothing to hide?

Oh... yeah... I forgot... :smug:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Junior said:

The Supreme Court ruled that Trump’s tax returns must be turned over to prosecutors in New York, dealing a major blow to the president.

The historic 7-2 decision forces Mazars USA, a financial accountant long used by Trump and his family business, to comply with a subpoena from Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance, Jr., requesting eight of the president’s most recent personal and corporate returns as part of a grand jury criminal investigation.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-supreme-court-trump-tax-returns-20200709-ybkyhx3fubadzfsp3tob7ytc5m-story.html

The Manhattan DA can indict Trump for his financial crimes even if he is sitting President at the time, whether it be before or after the next Presidential election. 

Now Cy Vance (Manhattan DA) is the same guy that was DA in 2012 when Trump Jr and Ivanka were NOT indicted wrt fraudulent advertising when selling TrumpSoho condos. The Manhattan DA's office had what seemed to be an airtight case against both Trump kids at the time and Cy Vance overruled his team and dropped the investigation citing insufficient evidence of a crime (this happened within months of Trump's lawyer donating the maximum allowable amount to Vance's re-election campaign). Vance subsequently returned the donations (multiple were made before and after his re-election) but it makes me question whether he is really trustworthy when it comes to objectively prosecuting Trump. Maybe things have changed since 2012.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Junior said:

 

 

Oh....so I guess we're supposed to applaud him now for this?? :lol:

He should've been doing this in March and no doubt, he's only doing it because he's being FORCED because he's inside of a hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine the number of people and time required to force this old POS to wear the mask to allow the visit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Oh....so I guess we're supposed to applaud him now for this?? :lol:

He should've been doing this in March and no doubt, he's only doing it because he's being FORCED because he's inside of a hospital.

He should stand firm on his belief i.e. COVID-19 is just a hoax and will just disappear! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'It was only done to make me look bad': Trump denounces border wall section funded by supporters :1251: 
William Cummings | USA TODAY | 12 July 2020

President Donald Trump said Sunday that he did not approve of a section of border wall in Texas that was privately constructed and partially funded by a group of his supporters in Texas, claiming "it was only done to make me look bad" in response to a report that it might be unstable due to erosion. 

WeBuildTheWall.jpg

"I disagreed with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads. It was only done to make me look bad, and perhaps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles," the president tweeted. :rolleyes: 

His tweet linked to an article from Pro Publica and The Texas Tribune that said experts fear the 3-mile stretch of 18-foot high steel fencing built on the banks of the Rio Grande is at risk of collapse. 

A group called "We Build the Wall" raised the money to privately build parts of the barrier in response to "politicians in both parties obstructing President Trump's plan to build a wall on our southern border."

The effort began as a GoFundMe campaign launched by Brian Kolfage in December 2018 amid a government shutdown sparked by Congress' unwillingness to approve the funds Trump requested to build a new border wall, which had been a central part of his 2016 campaign. Kolfage later registered the group, which has raised more than $25 million, as a nonprofit organization. 

Pro-Trump messages feature prominently on We Build the Wall's social media pages. Its board includes former White House adviser Steve Bannon, and Trump ally Kris Kobach serves as its general counsel. It is unclear why Trump believes the section of wall the group helped fund was intended to make him "look bad." 

After Trump's tweet, Kolfage posted one of his own saying the privately funded section of wall had been approved by the president's administration. 

"The private wall that @WeBuildtheWall built and funded is @DHSgov @CBP ENDORSED and APPROVED. Never forget it," Kolfage said. 

'It's all very positive':Donald Trump, once a critic of Mexico, now praises its president

We Build the Wall ultimately provided about $1.5 million for the $42 million project in Mission, Texas. 

The company behind the construction, North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, has been awarded a $1.3 billion federal contract to build miles of border wall in Arizona, the largest such contract to date. Another $400 million contract Fisher won last year was placed under review by the Defense Department’s inspector general.

Fisher Industries CEO Tommy Fisher told The Associated Press on Sunday he had "complete respect" for Trump but he thought he "just got some misinformation on this stuff." He acknowledged that there had been erosion around the fence, which was built about 35 feet from the Rio Grande, the river that defines the U.S.-Mexico border through Texas. But he said his company was addressing the problem. 

"The wall will stand for 150 years, you mark my words," Fisher predicted.

Fisher had promoted the barrier built by his company as the "Lamborghini" of walls, promising he could build it faster and better than the government and using it as a showcase to win more federal contracts. 

We Build the Wall touted the section of wall in Mission as "the first ever border barrier in the state of Texas that is actually built within feet of the border, instead of miles inland like the US Army Corps of Engineers has been doing for decades." 

But engineers who had seen the evidence of erosion told ProPublica and The Texas Tribune there were good reasons not to build so close to the river. 

"When the river rises, it will likely attack those areas where the foundation is exposed, further weakening support of the fence and potentially causing portions ... to fall into the Rio Grande," Alex Mayer, a civil engineer professor at the University of Texas at El Paso, said in the ProPublica-Tribune report. 

The construction near the river also led the U.S. government to sue Fisher Industries on behalf of the International Boundary and Water Commission, alleging the construction violates international treaties governing the use of the river. 

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered attorneys for Fisher Industries and opponents of the private wall to set a schedule for experts to visit the site and inspect any erosion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/12/trump-denounces-private-section-border-wall/5423818002/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, horn said:

'It was only done to make me look bad': Trump denounces border wall section funded by supporters :1251: 
William Cummings | USA TODAY | 12 July 2020

President Donald Trump said Sunday that he did not approve of a section of border wall in Texas that was privately constructed and partially funded by a group of his supporters in Texas, claiming "it was only done to make me look bad" in response to a report that it might be unstable due to erosion. 

WeBuildTheWall.jpg

"I disagreed with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads. It was only done to make me look bad, and perhaps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles," the president tweeted. :rolleyes: 

His tweet linked to an article from Pro Publica and The Texas Tribune that said experts fear the 3-mile stretch of 18-foot high steel fencing built on the banks of the Rio Grande is at risk of collapse. 

A group called "We Build the Wall" raised the money to privately build parts of the barrier in response to "politicians in both parties obstructing President Trump's plan to build a wall on our southern border."

The effort began as a GoFundMe campaign launched by Brian Kolfage in December 2018 amid a government shutdown sparked by Congress' unwillingness to approve the funds Trump requested to build a new border wall, which had been a central part of his 2016 campaign. Kolfage later registered the group, which has raised more than $25 million, as a nonprofit organization. 

Pro-Trump messages feature prominently on We Build the Wall's social media pages. Its board includes former White House adviser Steve Bannon, and Trump ally Kris Kobach serves as its general counsel. It is unclear why Trump believes the section of wall the group helped fund was intended to make him "look bad." 

After Trump's tweet, Kolfage posted one of his own saying the privately funded section of wall had been approved by the president's administration. 

"The private wall that @WeBuildtheWall built and funded is @DHSgov @CBP ENDORSED and APPROVED. Never forget it," Kolfage said. 

'It's all very positive':Donald Trump, once a critic of Mexico, now praises its president

We Build the Wall ultimately provided about $1.5 million for the $42 million project in Mission, Texas. 

The company behind the construction, North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, has been awarded a $1.3 billion federal contract to build miles of border wall in Arizona, the largest such contract to date. Another $400 million contract Fisher won last year was placed under review by the Defense Department’s inspector general.

Fisher Industries CEO Tommy Fisher told The Associated Press on Sunday he had "complete respect" for Trump but he thought he "just got some misinformation on this stuff." He acknowledged that there had been erosion around the fence, which was built about 35 feet from the Rio Grande, the river that defines the U.S.-Mexico border through Texas. But he said his company was addressing the problem. 

"The wall will stand for 150 years, you mark my words," Fisher predicted.

Fisher had promoted the barrier built by his company as the "Lamborghini" of walls, promising he could build it faster and better than the government and using it as a showcase to win more federal contracts. 

We Build the Wall touted the section of wall in Mission as "the first ever border barrier in the state of Texas that is actually built within feet of the border, instead of miles inland like the US Army Corps of Engineers has been doing for decades." 

But engineers who had seen the evidence of erosion told ProPublica and The Texas Tribune there were good reasons not to build so close to the river. 

"When the river rises, it will likely attack those areas where the foundation is exposed, further weakening support of the fence and potentially causing portions ... to fall into the Rio Grande," Alex Mayer, a civil engineer professor at the University of Texas at El Paso, said in the ProPublica-Tribune report. 

The construction near the river also led the U.S. government to sue Fisher Industries on behalf of the International Boundary and Water Commission, alleging the construction violates international treaties governing the use of the river. 

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered attorneys for Fisher Industries and opponents of the private wall to set a schedule for experts to visit the site and inspect any erosion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/12/trump-denounces-private-section-border-wall/5423818002/

So, like... when does Mexico pay for it? When are we getting the bill? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:chuckle: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...