Dictator Trump / US politics thread đźš˝

Love that Australian reporter/interviewers Leigh Sales made Sarah Huckabee Sanders look like the fool she is.  She did not let her get away with not answering questions.  It always amazes me how people like Sarah can just overlook all the sexist racist things Trump says and does and instead just go on about " the Liberal mob"  

Leigh Sales has said that her feed has been full of Americans who overwhelmingly are applauding that she did not give Sarah an easy ride.  

20 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Love that Australian reporter/interviewers Leigh Sales made Sarah Huckabee Sanders look like the fool she is.  She did not let her get away with not answering questions.  It always amazes me how people like Sarah can just overlook all the sexist racist things Trump says and does and instead just go on about " the Liberal mob"  

Leigh Sales has said that her feed has been full of Americans who overwhelmingly are applauding that she did not give Sarah an easy ride.  

Sarah looks more evil than ever. Her eyebrows scare me. :scared:

On 9/27/2020 at 6:38 PM, runa said:

"Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750"

Donald Trump’s tax information published in NEW YORK TIMES

My long retired grandma and who was never a high earner when she worked at a garment factory, pays more in U.S. taxes each year than him! :evil:

On 9/28/2020 at 2:41 PM, Junior said:

Sarah looks more evil than ever. Her eyebrows scare me. :scared:

She is so awful and such a Trump enabler. Sickening 

1 hour ago, Junior said:

My long retired grandma and who was never a high earner when she worked at a garment factory, pays more in U.S. taxes each year than him! :evil:

It’s disgusting what this excuse for a human has gotten away with and he still continues to be supported by his putrid base.  

On 9/27/2020 at 10:01 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

I love the end

SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS THANX FOR UR TIME :rotfl:

Proving that yet again people that support Trump just excuse him for everything.  A guy I know who is always rightfully saying that it is disgraceful that multinational corporations and millionaires pay hardly any tax,  is actually defending and praising Trump for not paying tax.  Says that anyone would do that and Trump is a true maverick etc.  Says it shows he is smart even though Trump has been bankrupt as well several times.  How can someone have one opinion and rule for everyone else re tax evasion yet defend Trump passionately for exactly the same thing.   

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Proving that yet again people that support Trump just excuse him for everything.  A guy I know who is always rightfully saying that it is disgraceful that multinational corporations and millionaires pay hardly any tax,  is actually defending and praising Trump for not paying tax.  Says that anyone would do that and Trump is a true maverick etc.  Says it shows he is smart even though Trump has been bankrupt as well several times.  How can someone have one opinion and rule for everyone else re tax evasion yet defend Trump passionately for exactly the same thing.   

Because 1. it's a cult. Trump's base (and what he appeals to) isn't run-of-the-mill conservatism. It's basically authoritarianism/neo-fascism combined with an utterly bizarre cult of personality. People just suspend all logic and reason (of course, if they had any) when it comes to him because he validates something within them. And 2. I think there's something in exactly what you described that actually appeals to people. People always say one thing, but do another. And with Trump, they see the person who kind of gets away with it all, and something in them actually admires that. For anyone else, probably not...but for him, yes. There's a sort of validation in it for them.

These are folks who also have been fed a steady diet of right-wing propaganda (aka Murdoch press, Fox News, etc.), now overlapping with the conspiracy theory fringe that they get a steady diet of online. They live/worship their "God"/raise families/etc. in these bubbles, and over time can no longer tell fact from fiction. And Trump has been made out to basically be their savior.

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Berlusconi benefited from the same dynamic...his fans considered him to be some cool anti establishment rebel who was smart for committing fraude or being corrupt. :confused:

Sorry but why do these Americans hate paying taxes, did you walk on a fucking road today or??? In Ancient Greece it was a BADGE OF HONOUR. Please.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:54 AM, VogueMusic said:

Because 1. it's a cult. Trump's base (and what he appeals to) isn't run-of-the-mill conservatism. It's basically authoritarianism/neo-fascism combined with an utterly bizarre cult of personality. People just suspend all logic and reason (of course, if they had any) when it comes to him because he validates something within them. And 2. I think there's something in exactly what you described that actually appeals to people. People always say one thing, but do another. And with Trump, they see the person who kind of gets away with it all, and something in them actually admires that. For anyone else, probably not...but for him, yes. There's a sort of validation in it for them.

These are folks who also have been fed a steady diet of right-wing propaganda (aka Murdoch press, Fox News, etc.), now overlapping with the conspiracy theory fringe that they get a steady diet of online. They live/worship their "God"/raise families/etc. in these bubbles, and over time can no longer tell fact from fiction. And Trump has been made out to basically be their savior.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, acko said:

Berlusconi benefited from the same dynamic...his fans considered him to be some cool anti establishment rebel who was smart for committing fraude or being corrupt. :confused:

It is both sad and frightening how people excuse obvious con artists and corrupt people when they are rich and famous. 

3 hours ago, Junior said:

Of course 

1 hour ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Is this Berlin 1933 or what the fuck is going on here?

1 hour ago, runa said:

This is very scary.

They are beyond words. How on Earth can this be happening in 2020. 

6 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Is this Berlin 1933 or what the fuck is going on here?

5 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

They are beyond words. How on Earth can this be happening in 2020. 

Because this is basically the Republican party base. They've spent decades pandering to this demographic, slowly but surely, convincing not just racists but in general poor, uneducated white people that they are still better than everyone else, and that all their problems are someone else's fault (aka evil, satanic liberals). And that they (Repubs) are the only ones that can truly give them the America that only they truly deserve.

I would not put it passed him that he is only pretending to have COVID so that he can later claim “it’s not that bad, the liberal media is lying, go back to work and school, ...”. However, on the other hand if he has it ...

If Trump and then at some point Pence are knocked out (I don’t wish for anyone to die, even these assholes), and they can’t attend to their jobs, Americans will have President Nancy Pelosi until January 2021.