Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

14 minutes ago, horn said:

Whappened now? Aren't Dumpster & Justin Trudeau "friends"? :1251: 

Trump says he signed order reimposing 10% aluminum tariffs on Canada
Kevin Breuninger | Christina Wilkie | Aug 7 2020

• President Donald Trump said he signed a proclamation Thursday to reimpose 10% tariffs on aluminum imports from Canada that had been suspended more than a year earlier.
  • “Canada was taking advantage of us, as usual,” Trump said during a lengthy, campaign-style speech at a Whirlpool manufacturing plant in Ohio. 
  • The announcement comes just over a month after the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement – the Trump-backed trade pact that replaced the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA – went into effect.

Canada to impose $3.6B in tariffs in response to Trump's move against Canadian aluminum
Potential targets include numerous products made in swing states key to U.S. president's re-election
Alexander Panetta · CBC News · Posted: Aug 07, 2020 8:54 AM ET | Last Updated: August 8

The federal government will spend one month consulting with Canadians about which U.S. metals products to target with retaliatory tariffs as a new trade dispute flares up with the Trump administration.

The government intends to impose $3.6 billion in punitive countermeasures after a 30-day consultation with business leaders and other Canadians about potential targets from a preliminary list.

"Canada will respond swiftly and strongly," Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said Friday.

Canada's list of potential targets threatens to hit politically sensitive areas — namely, states critical to U.S. President Donald Trump's re-election.

A disproportionate number of the more than five dozen items on Canada's potential hit-list are from key U.S. election swing states, including paint dyes and aluminum waste, for which Michigan is a top exporter to Canada; refrigerators and bicycles, for which Wisconsin is the lead exporter; and aluminum powders and bars from Pennsylvania.

Canadian officials insisted the list wasn't drawn up with the U.S. election in mind.

Read More: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/freeland-aluminum-imports-tariffs-trump-1.5677757

giphy.gif

Justin Trudeau retaliating his BFF Dumspter? :shock: 

On 8/9/2020 at 3:39 PM, VogueMusic said:

“White straight married couples with children who go to church regularly are no longer the American mainstream. An entire way of life, one in which their values were dominant, could be headed for extinction. And Trump offered to restore them to power…”

Because evangelism = evil disguised as sainthood

9 hours ago, runa said:

Not sure where you read your news but it is well and openly known that Trudeau and Trump deeply hate each other.

Stop spreading that bullshit.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/2020/8/8/1_5033077.html

It's sarcasm, not bullshit.

Dumpster hates EVERYONE but remains "friends" as long as his minions listen to him. 

When he told his minions to import US chlorinated chicken, what's their reaction? Instead of saying no, they lower their food safety measure to import those chicken legally and telling their people it's safe to consume. :manson:

When he asked them to ban Huawei, they follow his instruction even though there's no concrete evidence.

When he asked Canada to arrest Huawei Meng, they did what he said.

No one dares to retaliate Dumpster cos their economy rely on US heavily, especially Canada. Even China has to say yes to Dumpster trade deal. 

All of them hate him (and even mocked him during a party, google the video yourself) but does anyone dare to accuse him openly? No one can afford to offend him, unless they wanna end up like China.

And it seems like Dumpster may lose the election, so now they are starting to go against him slowly.

:doh:

Trump says Spanish Flu of 1918 ended WWII

- a conflict that didn’t start until two decades later

- President also got year pandemic started wrong

“The closest thing is in 1917, they say, the great pandemic,” Mr Trump told reporters.

“It certainly was a terrible thing where they lost anywhere from 50 to 100 million people, probably ended the Second World War,” he added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-spanish-flu-world-war-2-white-house-press-briefing-video-a9664171.html?amp

6 hours ago, horn said:

Dedicated to @Butter9

Sawatdeekhap! Welcum to Thighland! :rosey:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMo4zry401ia8u5hvvNKu

HAHAHA

I thought Yo Semite takes the cake to be honest . What a moron 

@Junior @runa @VogueMusic @Martin B.

I know you are all feel the same re conspiracy theories. I watched a frightening documentary last night called “ United States of Conspiracy”  It was described as asking “ How did trafficking in conspiracy theories move from the fringes of US politics right into the White House ? “   It was chilling.

8 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

@Junior @runa @VogueMusic 

I know you are all feel the same re conspiracy theories. I watched a frightening documentary last night called “ United States of Conspiracy”  It was described as asking “ How did trafficking in conspiracy theories move from the fringes of US politics right into the White House ? “   It was chilling.

Oh interesting, I’ll give it a try. Where did you watch it?

5 minutes ago, runa said:

Oh interesting, I’ll give it a try. Where did you watch it?

It was on SBS on Australian tv. Had a lot about Alex Jones too and it is shocking and baffling how so many are influenced by him. Trump is an idiot but as always there is a method in his madness. He knows that he is the poster boy for conspiracy theorists and they are everywhere. The far left and the far right have so many of them and what they believe is so extreme it is terrifying. 

5 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes!  I think I posted a tweet to this episode somewhere here (at least I think I did), but yeah, saw it on twitter from Frontline/PBS (here in the states) where it airs. Still need to watch it.

The mainstreaming of the conspiracy fringe is a major key to everything right now. Frightening times indeed.

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It was on SBS on Australian tv. Had a lot about Alex Jones too and it is shocking and baffling how so many are influenced by him. Trump is an idiot but as always there is a method in his madness. He knows that he is the poster boy for conspiracy theorists and they are everywhere. The far left and the far right have so many of them and what they believe is so extreme it is terrifying. 

@Napoléon  did you watch this? What we have noticed but this is purely about Americans. It is on SBS demand if you want to watch it. 

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll watch it, hoping my head doesn't explode in exasperation and anger. Have you watched Behind The Curve a documentary about flatearthers? Faced with so much bullshit and stupidity, my brain almost shorted. :abuse:You should watch two interesting recent documentaries so revealing of the slump in American politics: The Swamp and Boys State. One presents very well why the American political system no longer works and the other demonstrates how the system's lack of democratic value and decency is passed on to the next generation.

12 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It's on YouTube now.  And yes, it is chilling.

United States of Conspiracy (full film) | FRONTLINE

4 hours ago, Beautiful Killer said:

Cool I’ll add it to my watch list. Frontline airs a lot of well produced documentaries. 

7 hours ago, Beautiful Killer said:

Too bad it's restricted in my area. I'll try to find another way to watch it. Really interested.