Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

I can't at him parading around while holding a Bible. What does it even mean. It's 2020 for fuck sake

You'd think that a book about somebody who was unjustly nailed to a cross was not going to be used to justify violence by people who should represent an entire country and that wield so much power

He really does give a powerful voice to the worst of the US, religious nut jobs, NRA supporters, white supremacists, xenophobic people so on and so forth

If after the handling of the 👑 virus and this latest racial attack and the fury and uproar it's causing worldwide he still gets voted in then I might even have lost all faith in not only US citizenry but humanity at large

5 minutes ago, LSD said:

Yet he can carry a Bible in the most inappropriate context and in the most arrogant and offensive of ways

:rotfl:

13 hours ago, Martin B. said:

No, please lock up the WHOLE fucking family. I don't want a see any of them for the rest of my life. Because let there be no illusion here, when we get rid of the Cheetos-in-chief we are going to have his horrible and just as stupid offspring who will infiltrate the high spheres of power and will try their luck for the presidential in the future.

I always forget about Don Jr and ...Eric . Their combined IQs is probably lower than room temperature .

14 hours ago, XXL said:

I can't at him parading around while holding a Bible. What does it even mean. It's 2020 for fuck sake

You'd think that a book about somebody who was unjustly nailed to a cross was not going to be used to justify violence by people who should represent an entire country and that wield so much power

He really does give a powerful voice to the worst of the US, religious nut jobs, NRA supporters, white supremacists, xenophobic people so on and so forth

If after the handling of the 👑 virus and this latest racial attack and the fury and uproar it's causing worldwide he still gets voted in then I might even have lost all faith in not only US citizenry but humanity at large

Look I totally agree with you but there's an entire voting bloc that eat that up. 

I mean, this fact is kind of ignored - We have had a black POTUS, we are open to having a woman POTUS (and by no way am I saying sexism doesn't exist) but every candidate for POTUS that has a chance of winning is expected to be a church going Christian. Trump isn't of course but he pretends to be and the reason he pretends to be is because it's required for a POTUS which to me is kind of insane right? A candidate for POTUS saying they don't believe in god is disqualifying - which is insane.   

10 hours ago, LSD said:

Seen numerous appalling videos like this the last few days. Who's actually protecting the people from the PIGS?

22 hours ago, XXL said:

He was 100% galvanizing his crazy evangelical fanbase.

“My whole family was flabbergasted,” said Benjamin Horbowy, 37.

The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John’s. “My mother just shouted out, ‘God give him strength! He’s doing a Jericho walk!’” A Jericho walk, in some evangelical circles, refers to the biblical book of Joshua, where God commanded the Israelites to walk seven times around the opposing city of Jericho, whose walls then came crashing down.

Horbowy already supported Trump politically  – but when Trump lifted the Bible, Horbowy and his family felt overcome spiritually.

“My mother started crying. She comes from Pentecostal background, and she started speaking in tongues  I haven’t heard her speak in tongues in years,” he said. “I thought, look at my president! He’s establishing the Lord’s kingdom in the world.”

Did he feel that conflicted with the Gospel of John, where Jesus said “my kingdom is not of this world”?

“Well,” Horbowy said, “that’s a philosophical question.”

People once concerned with piety, now crave “an exercise in pure political power”, and the Bible is no longer a spiritual weapon but an earthly one.

When Trump describes himself as a “law and order” president and holds aloft a Bible, he conflates which law he will enforce, and whose order will follow. In a short speech before the walk to St John’s, Trump said he would “dominate the streets”. That is the “kingdom in the world” Horbowy referenced.

“I believe it’s like Ephesians 6:10 through 19,” Horbowy said from Florida. “I believe this is a president who wears the full armor of God.”

:crazy:

1 hour ago, Kim said:

The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John’s. “My mother just shouted out, ‘God give him strength! He’s doing a Jericho walk!’” A Jericho walk, in some evangelical circles, refers to the biblical book of Joshua, where God commanded the Israelites to walk seven times around the opposing city of Jericho, whose walls then came crashing down.

Horbowy already supported Trump politically  – but when Trump lifted the Bible, Horbowy and his family felt overcome spiritually.

“My mother started crying. She comes from Pentecostal background, and she started speaking in tongues  I haven’t heard her speak in tongues in years,” he said. “I thought, look at my president! He’s establishing the Lord’s kingdom in the world.”

Did he feel that conflicted with the Gospel of John, where Jesus said “my kingdom is not of this world”?

People once concerned with piety, now crave “an exercise in pure political power”, and the Bible is no longer a spiritual weapon but an earthly one.

When Trump describes himself as a “law and order” president and holds aloft a Bible, he conflates which law he will enforce, and whose order will follow. In a short speech before the walk to St John’s, Trump said he would “dominate the streets”. That is the “kingdom in the world” Horbowy referenced.

“I believe it’s like Ephesians 6:10 through 19,” Horbowy said from Florida. “I believe this is a president who wears the full armor of God.”

I'm sorry, this is all nuts. How an empty life and how removed from the real world does one have to be to believe in all this nonsense. Now add indoctrination as a substitute for a proper education. They are all useful idiots. It doesn't take much to realize that Trump is none of what they think of him. But he obviously likes the uneducated, he even said that out loud, and therefore is able to manipulate people like above family by merely holding a bible. Everyone else knows it's merely a performance and none of it is true. 

And pentecostal background? Why am I not suprised? Hypocrites of the worst kind. 

Am I the only one who is getting serious "The Purge" vibes? The whole U.S. government comes across as the New Founding Fathers?

And in other news, they cannot pass an anti-lynching legislation thanks to Rand Paul? I suppose there are some people that have not an ounce of human decency left in them. It's all so disgusting. 

12 hours ago, LSD said:

I have watched that on the news. And I was feeling physically sick afterwards. And while it is pretty obvious the man was injured badly (unconsciousness, blood coming from his head), they all walk by. Okay, there was the cop on the right who tried have a look but was pushed further. I really wonder what kind of education do these cops have? Do they get a 4 week course and that's it? In most countries it takes years. 

3 hours ago, Kim said:

:dead: NOT a Jericho walk.

30 minutes ago, acko said:

:rotfl:

We shouldn't laugh.

I mean really... :lmao:

This is some crazy sheeeittt.

I have just heard, that 57 members of the emergency respone team in Buffalo have resigned in protest of the suspension of the two cops involved in the pushing of that 75 year old man. Can you believe this shit? This is the way they understand their job? They all should be ashamed. They all should be removed from the police service alltogether. It's outrageous. It's a scandal. 

16 hours ago, Madonna_Tea said:

Look I totally agree with you but there's an entire voting bloc that eat that up. 

I mean, this fact is kind of ignored - We have had a black POTUS, we are open to having a woman POTUS (and by no way am I saying sexism doesn't exist) but every candidate for POTUS that has a chance of winning is expected to be a church going Christian. Trump isn't of course but he pretends to be and the reason he pretends to be is because it's required for a POTUS which to me is kind of insane right? A candidate for POTUS saying they don't believe in god is disqualifying - which is insane.   

👍

I think what's ruined and keeps ruining the country that's been the greatest and bigger exporter of Pop culture in the world, the country where civil rights movements were actually born, from racism to sexuality to gender issues, the country with some of the most prestigious universities in the world and the number one economy ... is exactly this crazy prolonged cancer of Christian denominations dominating politics when politics should not favour any particular group of power but should be at the service of its entire citizenry

And you know that those obnoxious "Christian" nutters are also the ones who are anti-abortion yet have no qualms about bombing innocent people, children included, because some falsified CIA report lies about weapons of mass destruction and an entire country ventures into a self serving war disguised as liberation and generosity, with no UN resolution in sight (like a proper global dictator would) to top it all off

Obviously it's the uneducated US youngsters from humble backgrounds being sent to war and sacrificed on the altar of violence, not the offspring of American senators or mega rich American citizens anyway

As you've said Trump knows it and takes advantage of that too shamelessly

10 hours ago, Kim said:

giphy.gif

Fucking scary !!!

Yet hilarious at the delusion  :lmao:

Sheer madness in the worst case scenarios

And this is the country leading the world

tumblr_oss3y1brQm1rsjz5lo1_400.gif

As American citizen Madonna Louise Ciccone of Italian and French Canadian descent said some thirty years ago: you know what I have to say to America? Get a fucking sense of humour OK?? 

So damn right and as usual ahead of her time. All that fixation on beauty pageants, mean girls high schools, the obsession with GOD and Rifles, the overly patriotic sensibility and that very same toxic culture of false exceptionalism that you ascribed to the UK as well with their handling of the global health emergency

Say what you want about OLD Europe but Europe as a whole has always been vastly more modern and respectful than the abhorrent contradictions you can find in the NEW world

55 minutes ago, XXL said:

As American citizen Madonna Louise Ciccone of Italian and French Canadian descent said some thirty years ago: you know what I have to say to America? Get a fucking sense of Europe OK?? 

Well, I think she said 'sense of humour', but I get your point! 😉 😀

18 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well, I think she said 'sense of humour', but I get your point! 😉 😀

Yes :lmao:

I meant sense of humour of course

Bloody autofill!

But if the premise is that Europeans have more of a sense of humour it works just the same I guess  :lol:

8 hours ago, Kim said:

Totally. Trump is an ignorant revolting racist Buffon but there is always a sick method to his madness. Same with how Boris Johnson knows that never answering questions and deflecting by amping up the stupid act to the maximum helps him. I watched the UK election campaign and stupidly thought that hardly anyone would vote for him ( he did not even debate or give policies  ) yet he romped home.  To think someone who is a proven liar time and time again who also come across as a complete fool can romp home is depressing. 

I have noticed that Trump lovers I know here in Australia all have either some of these traits or all of them. Very religious. Conspiracy theorists. Shockingly racist and sexist. Either all traits Or just one of them. They all love him. No matter what he does. 

Trump is racist and sexist so that is easy and natural for him to sell.  The religious angle is put on and he also plays up to every conspiracy theory. He used to be pro abortion but now wants it made illegal and I suspect his passion for no gun control is because he has the NRA and their believers on his side. Shows that he is a complete sociopath because  he just sprouts what he knows will give him popularly and power.  No worries about ethics, morals or fairness. It is terrifying and many people don’t even see how terrifying it is.

5 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Totally. Trump is an ignorant revolting racist Buffon but there is always a sick method to his madness. Same with how Boris Johnson knows that never answering questions and deflecting by amping up the stupid act to the maximum helps him. I watched the UK election campaign and stupidly thought that hardly anyone would vote for him ( he did not even debate or give policies  ) yet he romped home.  To think someone who is a proven liar time and time again who also come across as a complete fool can romp home is depressing. 

I have noticed that Trump lovers I know here in Australia all have either some of these traits or all of them. Very religious. Conspiracy theorists. Shockingly racist and sexist. Either all traits Or just one of them. They all love him. No matter what he does. 

Trump is racist and sexist so that is easy and natural for him to sell.  The religious angle is put on and he also plays up to every conspiracy theory. He used to be pro abortion but now wants it made illegal and I suspect his passion for no gun control is because he has the NRA and their believers on his side. Shows that he is a complete sociopath because  he just sprouts what he knows will give him popularly and power.  No worries about ethics, morals or fairness. It is terrifying and many people don’t even see how terrifying it is.

I totally agree on what you are saying

But America has a more generalised cultural issue that's fucked up not just the number one country in the world but the world itself by default. This is totally unacceptable

Those hypocritical (Evangelical/Pentecostal/ insert whichever Christian denominations you can come up with) nutters were still very much present and active with their endorsement of wars, of the NRA and their utterly fascist and hypocritical abortion campaigns even during Carter, Clinton and Obama's times.

Nobody has ever dared to stop them or diminish their influence and meddling because its the entire basement of the power castle to have been eroded by corruption and the serving of private interests.

Just look at how US presidential campaigns work in terms of funding. An entirely corrupt system which is the exact opposite of the ideals of freedom of speech, democracy and the myth of the land of opportunities. Completely wrong. 

You can have a Democrat in the WH but here there's a much bigger issue at stake. If nobody does anything to stop those people cultish ignorance, as it's been proven times and again, any American President of any political colours and their policies are inevitably going to be held hostage of the usual indecent lobbies

Trump is the problem now of course but America as a whole is trapped in a sense of arrogance and exceptionalism in general which is beyond unjustified, deplorable and that will ultimately lead the healthy and sane part of 330m people to the brink of collapse, culturally, economically and finally on the political front and its international standing

31 minutes ago, XXL said:

But America has a more generalised cultural issue that's fucked up not just the number one country in the world but the world itself by default. This is totally unacceptable

Those hypocritical (Evangelical/Pentecostal/ insert whichever Christian denominations you can come up with) nutters were still very much present and active with their endorsement of wars, of the NRA and their utterly fascist and hypocritical abortion campaigns even during Carter, Clinton and Obama's times. 

You can have a Democrat in the WH but it's a much bigger issue at stake. If nobody does anything to stop those people cultish ignorance as it's been proven times and again any American President and their factual policies are inevitably going to be held hostage of the usual indecent lobbies

Trump is the problem now of course but America as a whole is trapped in a sense of arrogance and exceptionalism in general which is beyond unjustified, deplorable and that will ultimately lead the healthy part of 300m people to the brink of collapse, culturally, economically and finally on the political front and its international standing

Yes.only have to see a lot of the news reports from the USA to know that it has a pretty different culture to other Western countries in some things. I don’t know of any other country that has a passionate and powerful gun lobby for example. The power the NRA have is mind blowing. Or any other democracy that has lots of people consider basic Universal health care as frightening and radical. 

I know this is not the view of all Americans of course but so many in power support those views. 

46 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes.only have to see a lot of the news reports from the USA to know that it has a pretty different culture to other Western countries in some things. I don’t know of any other country that has a passionate and powerful gun lobby for example. The power the NRA have is mind blowing. Or any other democracy that has lots of people consider basic Universal health care as frightening and radical. 

i know this is not the view of all Americans of course but so many in power support those views. 

Thank you for getting what I meant. Saying it's a general cultural issue and that Trump gone the root problems remain it's not in any way tantamount to diminishing the toxicity, recklessness and unaccountability of him as a public figure and head of the most powerful nation on earth.

He obviously preys on those very mechanisms and the ignorance of part of the population that have been endemic and shamelessly undealt with for ages

But we can all agree that (and yes, corrupt policemen, corrupt politicians, corrupt entrepreneurs, racist people and lobbying self serving bastards exist anywhere in the world) if any police member here in Europe or in other democratic countries in the South Emisphere would be so frequently caught cold blooded killing an unarmed person in broad daylight based on racism or a hate crime in general either with no substantial reason or even WITH a self defense reason (unless carefully probed and proven to be real) they would be immediately suspended and charged with first degree murder and there would be such a public outcry unlike any other, but not after decades and decades of history repeating itself, like, immediately

Same thing with the importance of having a public healthcare system (and we do have a private one too by the way, freedom to choose thank you)

It looks like in the US you're only valued based on your income bracket therefore you're essentially stuck with a non choice. Preposterous

Ditto with the education system, the justice system, there's nothing democratic or realistic about them to begin with.

Money is almost always going to get you off the hook in the US. Might as well be the same in Europe too, but it's infinitely less the rule

9 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Am I the only one who is getting serious "The Purge" vibes? 

Me too

Next stop Buenos Aires

NOT

Next stop: The Hunger Games  😱

9 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And pentecostal background? Why am I not suprised? Hypocrites of the worst kind. 

I have an evangelical in the family. Actually Catholic raised, turned atheist, turned evangelical or Born Again Christian (wouldn't know the difference) when she turned 40 to be exact. She's been a total cunt to me. I'll never forgive her

Her grown up kids hardly talk to her anymore. Such is her level of self righteousness and indoctrination

She told me that "people like you belong in Hell"  🙈🤡:electropop:  That was her final greeting years ago after she spent a week at my house being served and revered and trotted around town by the entire family. I was just speechless

I mean, who fucking told you Heaven or Hell exist to begin with? What do you actually know about life after death? And even if that religious imagery does exist with all the implications, who fucking made you Judge of anyone???

And she's a Biology professor! So she's studied and travelled a fair bit. Sometimes understanding human nature and its bizarre motives can be such a nightmare.

It really came out the blue as she was never aggressive or offensive to me personally and in any case, as a goodbye message? She was never invited again

Maybe she'll join the place she deserves to reach soon, unless she's already there mentally and emotionally, whether it's called Hell or anything else, whether it's here and now or AFTER  IT

3 hours ago, XXL said:

Nobody has ever dared to stop them or diminish their influence and meddling because its the entire basement of the power castle to have been eroded by corruption and the serving of private interests.

Just look at how US presidential campaigns work in terms of funding. And entirely corrupt system which is the exact opposite of the ideals of freedom of speech, democracy and the myth of the land of opportunities. Completely wrong. 

You can have a Democrat in the WH but here there's a much bigger issue at stake. If nobody does anything to stop those people cultish ignorance, as it's been proven times and again, any American President of any political colours and their policies are inevitably going to be held hostage of the usual indecent lobbies

Trump is the problem now of course but America as a whole is trapped in a sense of arrogance and exceptionalism in general which is beyond unjustified, deplorable and that will ultimately lead the healthy and sane part of 330m people to the brink of collapse, culturally, economically and finally on the political front and its international standing

For sure, although I think there is some value in holding the party responsible, well responsible.  The democrats are not without blame or their fair share of mistakes but It was the GOP that made it possible for big corrupt money to run rampant in politics and it was the GOP that paved the way for unbalanced entertainment news like Fox news, it was the GOP that repealed the fairness doctrine (and one should never underestimate the influence of right wing radio on the ageing population) and in a way it's a little ironic that the far left youth of today spend significant time chastising Democrats for taking big money when in reality they're just playing by the rules of the game that were set when they weren't in power and It was either play the game or lose. Not everyone in politics can be an AOC, when you're up against an opponent with a hundred million dollar war chest & you have 100,000 dollars - you're going to lose. So, they played the game.

Democrats for their part are unorganized and are unwilling to be perceived as being unfair, when they're in power they don't match the GOP's dirty tricks and instead try to bring back normalcy which is admirable but the GOP never mirrors it when they take back control. They also struggle to galvanise supporters & if anybody here knows a right wing republican (especially a boomer) you'll know that on voting day they're up at 5am getting ready to get to the polls as soon as they open. Prior to Trump (because there are Anti-Trump republicans) the GOP had (and in some ways still does) a unified party. Alt right, Far right and centre right all align come voting time. Cntrl left (lol) far left and centre left are all plagued by infighting. 

This is the web the GOP has woven - They deserve some accountability for that.