Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Something that astounds me is the way so many excuse or support Trump. I am positive that they would find his dreadful behaviour, mocking arrogant treatment of others, compulsive lying and tantrum throwing abhorrent in anyone else they saw or met. 

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Something that astounds me is the way so many excuse or support Trump. I am positive that they would find his dreadful behaviour, mocking arrogant treatment of others, compulsive lying and tantrum throwing abhorrent in anyone else they saw or met. 

STILL around 40% 'approval' ffs :sick:!!! F'king *horrifying!! ~30%...still too high but...okay but FOUR out of 10....just :doh:DEF. enough to squeak it out again...watch! 😞

26 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

STILL around 40% 'approval' ffs :sick:!!! F'king *horrifying!! ~30%...still too high but...okay but FOUR out of 10....just :doh:DEF. enough to squeak it out again...watch! 😞

At this point 10% is too high in my opinion. His fanatics are well and truly brainwashed beyond help. I seriously questioned anyone that voted for him in 2016 but anyone that does this year AND actually loves him......well, like Hillary said, they're truly deplorable. And @Jazzy Jan u are absolutely correct. I can't imagine that most of his fanatics would appreciate or support this behavior in ANYONE else. Let's just imagine really quickly the conspiracy theories flying around IF Hillary were president right now and things happened just as they have under Trump's watch (they wouldn't have...but let's imagine) there would be absolute outrage, calls to kill her probably. He makes me sick. The awful thing is, even if he does lose in November, you know he already has a narrative created for how it's a scam, the election is a fraud, Biden cheated, everyone is against him etc.......and of course his little zombie deplorables will lap it up like little dogs. Sorry for that last comment, didn't mean to insult dogs. 🙂 

He's closing the social media just because he doesn't like it?

And yet he constantly accuses China for lacking human rights. 

Fucking hypocrite.

I think many people "approve" him not because of who he is or what he's doing but because he's a Republican. No matter who would be there, as a Republicans, they will never accept to vote for anyone else. 

40% of Americans are Democrats
40% are Republicans
And these people won't change their mind no matter what could happen. 

Yeah but Republicans fall in line when called for it. Democrats tear each other apart. Combine that with Russian interference and voter suppression and you’ve got yourself another four years of Trump - which in my opinion the American democracy won’t survive. 

i swear sometimes people are so ignorantly stupid, it’s simply astonishing to me. If anything 2020 has taught us to be appreciative and to be focused. If only the Dems got their shit together for once, he could be voted out this year. 

5 hours ago, runa said:

I think many people "approve" him not because of who he is or what he's doing but because he's a Republican. 

I think you think too highly of many people. I think many people like/love him because in secret they wish they could be just like him.

The horrible and shocking truth is that people like/love him BECAUSE of the things he does or says, not INSPITE OF of the things he says or does. 

Ugh, I have such a bad feeling about all of this.  Trump is increasingly (I mean, who knew he could actually get WORSE) and dangerously divisive and barely hiding his dog whistling these days.  The divide in the US over politics, gun control, race race relations, press freedom and now coronavirus has become a yawning fucking chasm.

Don’t get me wrong, the UK is truly fucked but America, right now, feels like it’s balancing on a particularly precarious precipice.

On 5/28/2020 at 1:29 PM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I think you think too highly of many people.

It's the opposite actually. I don't see how I could think too highly of many people when I say they're all a bunch a sheeps. They might want to be like him but, in the end, it just proves they don't know how to think by themselves. 

1 hour ago, MadFan said:

trump-violence-tweet-2-rt-rc-200529-hp-E

Is he dead yet?

Honestly I don't feel like being spiritual...

It's funny that he supports those Hong Kong "Thugs".

Talk about double standard.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:54 AM, funkydita said:

Ugh, I have such a bad feeling about all of this.  Trump is increasingly (I mean, who knew he could actually get WORSE) and dangerously divisive and barely hiding his dog whistling these days.  The divide in the US over politics, gun control, race race relations, press freedom and now coronavirus has become a yawning fucking chasm.

Don’t get me wrong, the UK is truly fucked but America, right now, feels like it’s balancing on a particularly precarious precipice.

Agree, there's something really rotten in the air.

Really wouldn't be surprised if a new world war wasn't on the cards to top it all off.

Trump is more than terrifying.  He deliberately insults, deflects, lies plus relishes and fuels hatred, racism and wilful ignorance. He is well beyond a joke and if he gets in again, it will be a frightening time for the world. 

7 hours ago, Kim said:

Really wouldn't be surprised if a new world war wasn't on the cards to top it all off.

I feel like this and a Civil War in USA are almost inevitable at this point.

The US is absolutely at a boiling point on multiple levels. Even if Trump is voted out, it's a long long road ahead that Biden or any other Dem wouldn't be able to easily fix.

I hope that people can now see how incompetent this man is after the handling of the Covid crisis and the deaths as a result and now his lack of leadership woth the protests.

I hope people register to vote so this man can be voted out and all those people who are not happy with Biden as they wanted Bernie and don't want to vote again this election put their pride  aside & just vote for the democrats as i dont see how the USA can survive another 4 years of this man.  

37 minutes ago, Leebf said:

I hope that people can now see how incompetent this man is after the handling of the Covid crisis and the deaths as a result and now his lack of leadership woth the protests.

I hope people register to vote so this man can be voted out and all those people who are not happy with Biden as they wanted Bernie and don't want to vote again this election put their pride  aside & just vote for the democrats as i dont see how the USA can survive another 4 years of this man.  

It doesnt deserve to survive if he wins. Fact that the IF is still ~50% likely says it all (even w/ ALL this)! His #s are still flat~40% and *higher than his entire 1st year or so. Enough to cheat/win! A LOT of the US is absolutely loud/proud, hood-less racist in the daylight, full fascist bonkers mode.