Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

1 hour ago, Kelmadfan said:

Look at Jim Jones. And these religious cults out there. It’s easier to fool someone than to convince someone they’ve been fooled. This is their willfully uneducated and stubborn selves. This guy wouldn’t lift a finger to help any of his base. He said he loves “the uneducated”. 

Yes true. But Trump's following truly amazes me.  Jim Jones ( despite being a sick maniac ) actually was a good speaker and come across as intelligent initially.  I can actually see why misguided people were fooled by him and then become in a cult. Have watched several docos on Jim Jones.   Usually cult leaders and evil leaders are also good speakers and know how to fool people.  Their insanity etc shows later.  But Trump ?  He is not a good speaker, is not good looking,  does not speak sense and is continually caught out lying compulsively.  Surely even fools can see through this revolting man.  Hitler was evil to the core but knew how to speak - his skill as an orator was commented on everywhere.  Why he managed to fool people for so long before they realized how insane and evil he was.  Why I always thought Trump would not be as dangerous as Hitler as he did not have his speaking skills.   Trump though - there is nothing in what he says and does that commands any respect,  speaks nonsense and contradicts himself all the time.  It really beggers belief that poor people think this multi millionaire who does nothing for them and has underpaid his staff in his hotels for decades -   is on their side. 

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes true. But Trump's following truly amazes me.  Jim Jones ( despite being a sick maniac ) actually was a good speaker and come across as intelligent initially.  I can actually see why misguided people were fooled by him and then become in a cult. Have watched several docos on Jim Jones.   Usually cult leaders and evil leaders are also good speakers and know how to fool people.  Their insanity etc shows later.  But Trump ?  He is not a good speaker, is not good looking,  does not speak sense and is continually caught out lying compulsively.  Surely even fools can see through this revolting man.  Hitler was evil to the core but knew how to speak - his skill as an orator was commented on everywhere.  Why he managed to fool people for so long before they realized how insane and evil he was.  Why I always thought Trump would not be as dangerous as Hitler as he did not have his speaking skills.   Trump though - there is nothing in what he says and does that commands any respect,  speaks nonsense and contradicts himself all the time.  It really beggers belief that poor people think this multi millionaire who does nothing for them and has underpaid his staff in his hotels for decades -   is on their side. 

Yes. That’s so true. You’re absolutely right. Trumpsters are basically as stupid and ignorant as he is. Right now he owes cities lots of money for not paying the venues where he holds his hate rallies. I’m like: Why host him in the first place? There’s also a cult of religious nuts and just plain stupid, willfully ignorant people who love him and think he’s Jesus! I’m not kidding! I live in Trumpistan! The people here love the guy because Jerry Falwell, Jr tells them. These people can’t think for themselves because all they know is what’s in the *. If it’s in there, then there’s no debating. It’s all true! 🙄 They think he’s intelligent and rich. They think he’s gonna make them rich one day. That’s how stupid these people are who practically worship him. I’m not religious, but Jesus did warn us about false prophets. And America is loaded with them! LU (Falwell’s Baptist Uni) has a stained glass window of Trump with US flag wings! In their church on campus! False gods indeed! 

Get a load of this! https://babylonbee.com/news/liberty-university-criticized-after-unveiling-donald-trump-stained-glass-window/

1 hour ago, Kelmadfan said:

Yes. That’s so true. You’re absolutely right. Trumpsters are basically as stupid and ignorant as he is. Right now he owes cities lots of money for not paying the venues where he holds his hate rallies. I’m like: Why host him in the first place? There’s also a cult of religious nuts and just plain stupid, willfully ignorant people who love him and think he’s Jesus! I’m not kidding! I live in Trumpistan! The people here love the guy because Jerry Falwell, Jr tells them. These people can’t think for themselves because all they know is what’s in the *. If it’s in there, then there’s no debating. It’s all true! 🙄 They think he’s intelligent and rich. They think he’s gonna make them rich one day. That’s how stupid these people are who practically worship him. I’m not religious, but Jesus did warn us about false prophets. And America is loaded with them! LU (Falwell’s Baptist Uni) has a stained glass window of Trump with US flag wings! In their church on campus! False gods indeed! 

Get a load of this! https://babylonbee.com/news/liberty-university-criticized-after-unveiling-donald-trump-stained-glass-window/

OMG.  This is just sickening and staggering at the same time.  Needs to be seen in case people didn't click on  the link.  I really worry about the state of the World when a Christian university honours Donald Trump with a stain glass window.  His whole lifestyle and ethics are exactly the opposite of what Jesus preached ! 

article-3882-1.jpg

LYNCHBURG, VA—Liberty University has come under withering criticism after unveiling a Donald Trump stained glass window in the school's newly renovated Worley Prayer Chapel.

The window is featured prominently in the chapel, allowing students and faculty to pray to their lord and savior Donald Trump as they escape the pressures and worries of campus life for a few minutes.

"We wanted the renovated prayer chapel to really help students think about what's important: President Trump and His anointed agenda to make America great again," said school president Jerry Falwell, Jr. "It's important to remain focused and anchored. Now our students can take some time to reorient their hearts and spirits around Trump whenever they want."

Falwell encouraged those attending Liberty University to turn their eyes upon Trump, "and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glorious policies."

One small window in the chapel is always open in the direction of Washington, D.C., so students can pray facing Trump.

While Trump's stained glass window occupies the place of honor in the prayer chapel, the spot right in the center where the cross used to be, several other stained glass windows were installed along the walls of the chapel. These windows honor lesser icons of the Christian faith, such as the Republican elephant, the NRA, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Mike Pence. One particularly powerful piece beautifully depicts Trump's Playboy magazine cover in exquisite colors. 

Critics have questioned whether the move was appropriate.

Seeing Donald Trump on the news saying that the Kurds did not help America in the second world war or Normandy was pathetic.  How low can this man stoop ?   Also,  how can he insult America's allies so much all the time.  

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

OMG.  This is just sickening and staggering at the same time.  Needs to be seen in case people didn't click on  the link.  I really worry about the state of the World when a Christian university honours Donald Trump with a stain glass window.  His whole lifestyle and ethics are exactly the opposite of what Jesus preached ! 

article-3882-1.jpg

LYNCHBURG, VA—Liberty University has come under withering criticism after unveiling a Donald Trump stained glass window in the school's newly renovated Worley Prayer Chapel.

The window is featured prominently in the chapel, allowing students and faculty to pray to their lord and savior Donald Trump as they escape the pressures and worries of campus life for a few minutes.

"We wanted the renovated prayer chapel to really help students think about what's important: President Trump and His anointed agenda to make America great again," said school president Jerry Falwell, Jr. "It's important to remain focused and anchored. Now our students can take some time to reorient their hearts and spirits around Trump whenever they want."

Falwell encouraged those attending Liberty University to turn their eyes upon Trump, "and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glorious policies."

One small window in the chapel is always open in the direction of Washington, D.C., so students can pray facing Trump.

While Trump's stained glass window occupies the place of honor in the prayer chapel, the spot right in the center where the cross used to be, several other stained glass windows were installed along the walls of the chapel. These windows honor lesser icons of the Christian faith, such as the Republican elephant, the NRA, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Mike Pence. One particularly powerful piece beautifully depicts Trump's Playboy magazine cover in exquisite colors. 

In the Chapel! This is blasphemy! These Christofascists are sick. 

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

That window! DISTURBING!!!

unless the actually cloned  Sainte Chapelle - i would call it a fake photoshopped window (it is in fact the whole front of Saint Chapelle in Paris, with the Rosetta window removed. So whatever they did - I doubt it does indeed look like that

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Seeing Donald Trump on the news saying that the Kurds did not help America in the second world war or Normandy was pathetic.  How low can this man stoop ?   Also,  how can he insult America's allies so much all the time.  

How can America let him get away with it? His. Entire. Life. 

2 minutes ago, beta_test said:

I doubt that is in fact the chapel - it looks pretty much photo-shopped to me.

You don’t understand these people. They think he’s Jesus. It’s there. Read the article. That’s not photoshopped. 

Edited by Kelmadfan

Just now, Kelmadfan said:

You don’t understand these people. They think he’s Jesus. It’s there. 

I have not doubt, that they manufactured a stain glass window,  I just doubt they managed to have one, which looks remotely like the one in the picture posted. I am pretty sure that is rather a doctored photo of an actually fantastic looking chapel - instead of the real thing they did.

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

article-3882-1.jpg

OH dear God.....I can't even joke about this.

This is absolutely REVOLTING and DISTURBING.....if Trump told these people to go into the streets and shoot minorities and gays in the name of the Lord, I have no doubt they would. Idk why at this point, but I'm just shocked at the stupidity and BLINDNESS of these people.

History will NOT be kind to these people. Fucking repulsive and I'm ashamed to even be in the same state where this is happening. 

11 minutes ago, beta_test said:

it is though from a satire site, although I could have seen it being real myself.

Phew......OMG....that's reassuring(ish) lol

I was gonna say, is this REALLY where we're at right now.....although, there's too many that would totally be down for that!

3 hours ago, beta_test said:

it is though from a satire site, although I could have seen it being real myself.

Sorry, I was copying the link posted here. Glad it is not real and a satire as just too obscene for words.  

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Sorry, I was copying the link posted here. Glad it is not real and a satire as just too obscene for words.  

OMG, it is satire! I kinda missed that! I’m glad they’re not as loony as I thought. Which ain’t saying much. Because just wondering if it is real or not kinda says it all as to where we are. I figured it was real because of the way Jerry Jr has been fawning all over drumpf for years. Now we find out Jerry has got a pool boy? What else does drumpf have on him? 

15 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Oh I did totally believe the article was real myself, and like others commented on we did hear these reborn christian again priest praising him as the new "man sent from god" previously -  only realized that the photo was clearly not (it is my favourite spot of Paris which I have been at so many times that I just know it, when I see it)

Yeah, Babylon Bee is a satire site, sort of like a conservative Onion, but less funny. Although I can't blame people for thinking it was real, because the rhetoric of Trump's evangelical base is pretty close to producing something like that in real life.

Edited by Ray Of Darkness

3 hours ago, Ray Of Darkness said:

Yeah, Babylon Bee is a satire site, sort of like a conservative Onion, but less funny. Although I can't blame people for thinking it was real, because the rhetoric of Trump's evangelical base is pretty close to producing something like that in real life.

I’d heard of The Onion but not The Babylon  Bee. And his base and these fake preachers are so nutty, it’s hard to distinguish between fake & real—which I think is the overall objective by drumpf & co. They thrive on discourse and doubt. 

On 10/10/2019 at 6:32 PM, Kelmadfan said:

Look at Jim Jones. And these religious cults out there. It’s easier to fool someone than to convince someone they’ve been fooled. This is their willfully uneducated and stubborn selves. This guy wouldn’t lift a finger to help any of his base. He said he loves “the uneducated”. 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:27 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Speaking of cults -

Take It From a Former Moonie: Trump Is a Cult Leader

Steven Hassan

On the afternoon of Nov. 18, 1978, Jim Jones called his followers to the central pavilion of Jonestown, a sprawling outpost in the jungles of Guyana, and ordered them to drink a lethal mixture of cyanide and fruit punch. Over 900 people perished that day, more than a third of them children. As he lay dying of a bullet wound to the head—a less painful way to go than cyanide and one that he probably orchestrated—Jones told his followers that it was “all the media’s fault. Don’t believe them.”

Those words, uttered so long ago, sound disturbingly familiar as we approach the 41st anniversary of Jonestown. We have a president who regularly disparages and blames the media, calling it “fake,” “false,” and “phony,” and who calls journalists “enemies of the people”—epithets that seem especially frenzied in the wake of the whistleblower complaint and the launching of the House impeachment inquiry. It might seem an outrageous proposition to compare Donald Trump to a murderous cult leader. And yet there are alarming parallels. Like Jones and other cult leaders, Trump exhibits features of what psychologist Erich Fromm called “malignant narcissism”—bombastic grandiosity, a bottomless need for praise, lack of empathy, pathological lying, apparent sadism, and paranoia. In short, he fits the stereotypical psychological profile of a cult leader.

I have seen that profile up close. Over 40 years ago, while a junior in college, I was recruited into a destructive mind control cult, the Unification Church, popularly known as the Moonies after its leader, Sun Myung Moon. I rose rapidly through the ranks and was invited to attend meetings with Moon and his top aides, where we knelt and bowed to our leader Moon. Two years later, after three days straight of leading a fundraising team—selling flowers on street corners—I fell asleep at the wheel and woke up as I plowed into the back of an 18 wheeler. Fortunately, I survived. My family hired deprogrammers and, after five days, I realized I had been brainwashed.

Since then, I have devoted myself to studying mind control cults and helping families rescue loved ones from their clutches. I have learned that mind control is not a vague, mystical process but, instead, is the result of a concrete and specific and systematic set of methods and techniques. Cult leaders may seem crazy, but they are cunning masters of manipulation, employing an arsenal of these techniques to render their followers dependent and obedient. It’s what I call the cult leader’s playbook.

Jim Watson/Getty

Jim Watson/Getty

As I argue in my upcoming book, The Cult of Trump: A Leading Cult Expert Explains How The President Uses Mind Control (Simon & Schuster), Trump has gotten where he is today in large part because he has exploited tactics straight out of that playbook. These include his grandiose claims, his practice of sowing confusion, his demand for absolute loyalty, his tendency to lie and create alternative “facts” and realities, his shunning and belittling of critics and ex-believers, and his cultivating of an “us versus them” mindset. These are the same methods used by Moon, Jones, and other cult leaders such as L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology), David Koresh (Branch Davidians), Lyndon LaRouche (LaRouche PAC), and, most recently, convicted trafficking felon Keith Raniere (NXVIM).

Of all these tactics, the “us versus them” mindset is probably one of the most effective. From the moment you are recruited into a cult, you are made to feel special, part of an “inside” group in opposition to unenlightened, unbelieving, dangerous “outsiders.” Playing on ancient human tribal tendencies, cult leaders extend this “us versus them” mindset outwards to an almost cosmic struggle.

Many campaigns—political, military, athletic—pivot around the idea of conflict between parties. Even in literature there is a hero and a villain. But cults take this human habit of viewing the world in binary terms and infuse it with a kind of all consuming passion, which they reinforce in the minds of followers using cliches, platitudes, lies, and endless repetitions. You come to believe that you are superior to the rest of the world. In fact, everyone who is not in the group is, at some level, in the words of the eminent psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton, dispensable.

The most effective tactics of all are those that play upon followers’ emotions. For this reason, cult leaders often begin by making new recruits feel special, part of an “inside” group in opposition to unenlightened, unbelieving, dangerous “outsiders.” Playing on ancient human tribal tendencies, cult leaders encourage a kind of dualistic “us versus them” mindset, which they then extend outwards to an almost cosmic struggle.

In the Moonies, we were told that we were heavenly soldiers engaged in a great struggle to take the world back from the forces of Satan, which included godless Communism and human-centered Western democracy. Our ultimate goal was to replace these godless human-centered forms of government with a god-centered theocracy, under Moon’s leadership.

Jones, a self-professed Marxist, told his followers—who were often poor, black, and disenfranchised—that the enemy was racism, capitalism, and the American government. He took his followers to the wilds of Guyana to escape the clutches of the U.S. government, which was evil and out to get him.

For Hubbard, the enemy was psychiatrists and governments, and also non-Scientologists. He used a racist term to describe the latter—wogs—and essentially argued that they were inferior to true believers.

For LaRouche, it was a global conspiracy consisting of the Queen of England, Wall Street, Jews, and various intelligence agencies, such as the CIA. He and his followers wanted to defeat this evil cabal that was destroying the world, which only LaRouche could save.

Trump paints his enemies with a much broader brush. At rallies, he bounds on stage and tell his audiences how special they are—“I love you Indiana”—but it soon becomes clear that he has no “love” for anyone but Trump supporters. During his 2016 campaign, he would single out members of the audience—and even journalists—who he perceived as hostile and eject them, often to deafening cheers from his supporters. Shunning, humiliation, and ostracism are common methods for demonstrating who counts as “us,” and what needs to be done about “them.”

As did LaRouche, Moon, and Jones, Trump sees a world teeming with enemies: the “deep state,” globalists, radical left-wing Democrats, socialists, Hollywood actors, the liberal media. And, of course, Muslims, Mexicans, and migrant caravans. He depicts all of them as wanting to destroy America—and him. Inspiring or creating fear of real or imagined threats overrides people's sense of agency. It makes them susceptible to the confident father figure, Trump, who promises to keep them safe—“Only I can fix it”—and makes them more compliant and potentially obedient. Some followers of Trump have gone so far as to believe that liberal Democrats, George Soros, and the CIA are involved in an international sex trafficking ring run out of the basement of a Washington, D.C., pizza parlor. One such follower actually brought an AR-15-style rifle into the pizza parlor and fired three shots. Fortunately, no one was injured.

When I was in the Moonies, I was so indoctrinated that I was prepared to take up arms and die for the cause. I wasn’t alone. My fear is that Trump might order his followers to take their weapons to the streets if he is not re-elected. In a recent tweet, he quoted his Christian Right ally, Robert Jeffress, that his removal from office “will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal.” Worse still is the possibility that, if feeling sufficiently threatened, Trump might, like Jones, try to take others everyone with him, using his access to the nuclear codes. It’s a dark scenario, but not entirely outlandish.

The good news is, I woke up and got out of a cult, as have millions of people. What I have learned in working with cult members, as I describe in my book, is that attacking their beliefs is doomed to fail. To help them recover their critical faculties, it is essential to develop a warm and positive relationship before teaching them about how mind control works. I often do that by showing how it operates in other groups, like the Jonestown cult or Scientology. We might use the same approach to heal the “us versus them” mindset of Trump’s followers—and also of some of their more rabid opponents. Ultimately, the goal is to educate and inspire people to regain their capacity for critical thinking, and to free their own minds.

I have seen people throw off the mental and emotional shackles of many years—even a lifetime—of destructive conditioning. I believe that love is stronger than fear and that truth is stronger than mind control. But I also believe that the dangers of mind control are greater now than ever due to the digital world we are so plugged into. We ignore the lessons of history—of Jonestown and other destructive groups—at our own peril.

https://news.yahoo.com/former-moonie-trump-cult-leader-091128723.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/take-it-from-a-former-moonie-trump-is-a-cult-leader?source=articles&via=rss