Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/08/us/jeffrey-epstein-monday-court-appearance/index.html

I wonder how many powerful men Epstein will bring down with him, when he finally goes to the bighouse for his crimes???? Trump? Clinton? Prince Andrew?

Take them all down!!!

19 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I think I hate this little snot nosed motherfucker more than his father.

WTF did these people expect?? They completely went against "conventional" politics and it WORKED for them, they WON! There's consequences that come with that though.

Again, fuck this racist and sexist administration :evil:

Trump Tells Freshman Congresswomen to ‘Go Back’ to the Countries They Came From

By Katie Rogers and Nicholas Fandos

July 14, 2019

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Sunday weighed in on the friction between a group of four freshman Democratic congresswomen and Speaker Nancy Pelosi: He suggested that the congresswomen — none of whom are white — should “go back and help fix” the countries they came from. His message was immediately seized upon by Democrats, who called it a racist trope.

“So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter.

He added: “Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.”

Broadly, Mr. Trump’s attack was meant for members of the so-called squad, a group engaged in an existential and generational war of words with Ms. Pelosi: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna S. Pressley of Massachusetts.

“These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough,” Mr. Trump said. “I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

Only one of the women, Ms. Omar, who is from Somalia, was born outside the United States. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez was born in the Bronx to parents of Puerto Rican descent. Ms. Pressley, who is black, was born in Cincinnati and raised in Chicago. And Ms. Tlaib was born in Detroit to Palestinian immigrants.

“Mr. President,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez responded on Twitter, “the country I ‘come from,’ & the country we all swear to, is the United States. But given how you’ve destroyed our border with inhumane camps, all at a benefit to you & the corps who profit off them, you are absolutely right about the corruption laid at your feet.”

Mr. Trump’s attack came after days of Fox News coverage that centered on Ms. Omar. During her tenure in Congress, Ms. Omar has rattled fellow Democrats and provided ammunition to Republicans for her repeated criticisms of Israel, including a comment that pro-Israel activists were pushing “for allegiance to a foreign country.”

And she has been vocal about her life as a refugee who fled her native country and eventually settled in America, only to be disappointed with the country she found. More than any of the others in her freshman group, Ms. Omar — one of the first two Muslim women in Congress along with Ms. Tlaib — has forcefully used her personal story to make the argument that loving America does not require an acceptance of its shortcomings.

“I grew up in an extremely unjust society, and the only thing that made my family excited about coming to the United States was that the United States was supposed to be the country that guaranteed justice to all,” Ms. Omar recently said. “So, I feel it necessary for me to speak about that promise that’s not kept.”

Comments like these have inflamed Fox News personalities like Tucker Carlson, who used his television program to lash out at Ms. Omar.

“Our country rescued Ilhan Omar,” Mr. Carlson said in a broadcast last week. “We didn’t do it to get rich; in fact it cost us money. We did it because we are kind people. How did Omar respond to the remarkable gift we gave her? She scolded us, and called us names, she showered us with contempt.”

Privately, some Democrats predicted the tweets could have a silver lining, giving both sides of the Democrats’ intraparty dispute something to unify around after days of taking shots at one another. Publicly, they chided Mr. Trump for what they called a racially motivated message.

Ms. Pelosi quickly condemned Mr. Trump’s remarks as “xenophobic” in a pair of tweets of her own, turning them around to criticize Mr. Trump’s immigration policies and project Democratic unity. “Our diversity is our strength and our unity is our power,” she wrote of Democrats.

“Rather than attack Members of Congress, he should work with us for humane immigration policy that reflects American values,” she wrote in another tweet. “Stop the raids,” she said of the arrests targeting thousands of members of undocumented families that were to begin this weekend.

Representative Ben Ray Luján of New Mexico, the No. 4 House Democrat, said Mr. Trump would do better to spend his time on the humanitarian crisis at the southern border and to address other pressing national concerns like prescription drug costs than attacking members of Congress.

“That is a racist tweet,” Mr. Luján said on “Fox News Sunday.” “Telling people to go back where they came from — these are American citizens elected by voters in the United States of America to serve in one of the distinguished bodies in the U.S. House of Representatives. I think that’s wrong.”

Ms. Omar and Ms. Tlaib are far from the only congressional lawmakers who immigrated to the United States or were born to immigrant parents. In the House, there are currently 52 voting members who are immigrants or children of immigrants and 16 in the Senate — most of them Democrats — according to a Pew Research Center analysis from this year.

Representative Brendan F. Boyle, Democrat of Pennsylvania, made the point that he is from an immigrant family, but had never come under racially charged criticism from the president. He is white.

“Like some of my Democratic colleagues, I’m young, from an immigrant family, also very critical of Trump,” Mr. Boyle wrote on Twitter. “Funny thing though, he never tells me to ‘go back where I come from.’ Hmm I wonder why?”

He’s so vile, it’s beyond words.

And he should go back to History class, he would learn how America has been build by immigrants... what an Idiot

Disgusting and pathetic ignorant turd. A rambling useless piece of crap, himself and all of the people associated with him, including those that support him and/or his associates. Will America ever wake up? Doubtful.

Will he eventually disappear from our lives? I have the impression that his toxic and dangerous presidency has lasted for 10 years, even though it's not even 3 years. His toxicity, his total lack of empathy, his mythomania and his stupidity infect each day a little more the world political order. We will have for decades to get rid of the damage he has done to democracy.

5 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Will he eventually disappear from our lives? I have the impression that his toxic and dangerous presidency has lasted for 10 years, even though it's not even 3 years. His toxicity, his total lack of empathy, his mythomania and his stupidity infect each day a little more the world political order. We will have for decades to get rid of the damage he has done to democracy.

Agree.  The damage that he is doing is frightening.   A toxic buffoon who openly tells obvious lies - and is not even punished or held accountable for those lies.  He has made being racist, sexist, offensive, mocking and stupid something to be accepted -  and too many not only accept it but love him for it.  It is incredibly depressing and awful. He mocks other nations and even his allies.  Did anyone ever think we would see a leader of a democratic nation tweeting obvious lies and offensive mocking insults of anyone who disagrees with him.  Has a knock on effect worldwide too.     

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The damage that he is doing is frightening.   A toxic buffoon who openly tells obvious lies - and is not even punished or held accountable for those lies.  He has made being racist, sexist, offensive, mocking and stupid something to be accepted -  and too many not only accept it but love him for it. 

Being utterly stupid is the distinctive trademark of Trump's & co (wife, kids, friends, business associates) pathetic supporters, examples are everywhere, and they are the exact reason why they will ensure the Trump pathetic saga will continue for another mandate. Disgusting people.

10 hours ago, Martin B. said:

THIS.

Equally as terrifying is the effect on validating the extreme fringe, not just in the US but the world over too. These folks who think they know the actual 'truth', what is 'real news' vs 'fake news', what is or isn't free speech, etc....... people so deep down the rabbit hole of conspiracy and insanity it's literally terrifying. There is no reasoning with these people. Sometimes I slip into a masochistic moment and look at the twitter feed of one of his followers, and it just blows my mind how insane these people are. Even the folks not at the core, but those who you would think have some sense of reason that are just won over by him and everything he stands for... like the Scientology of politics. And even if he was gone, they're still going to go for what he represents. I think we're at a point where there is a certain amount of people that truly want to live under fascism. Full on fascism. 

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

THIS.

Equally as terrifying is the effect on validating the extreme fringe, not just in the US but the world over too. These folks who think they know the actual 'truth', what is 'real news' vs 'fake news', what is or isn't free speech, etc....... people so deep down the rabbit hole of conspiracy and insanity it's literally terrifying. There is no reasoning with these people. Sometimes I slip into a masochistic moment and look at the twitter feed of one of his followers, and it just blows my mind how insane these people are. Even the folks not at the core, but those who you would think have some sense of reason that are just won over by him and everything he stands for... like the Scientology of politics. And even if he was gone, they're still going to go for what he represents. I think we're at a point where there is a certain amount of people that truly want to live under fascism. Full on fascism. 

I know and it's the most terrifying. In three years, he has helped legitimize the voice of all those crazy people who have united by social media over the last decade. The legitimization of their speeches now infects the slice of normal but influenceable people in society. And the worst is that this model of stupidity now acceptable is quickly transposed from one country to another through Steve Bannon who will advise extreme right-wing parties throughout Europe . The global balance is very small. When you give matches to a stupid arsonist, it can ignite the planet. In Batuka, Madonna probably wrote the most significant lines of her career: 

I was up all night
I said a little prayer
Get that old man
Put him in a jail
Where he can't stop us 
Where he can't hurt us

Even if the process has no chance of success because of the Congress, the Democrats should have already begun the impeachment process to send the message to the public that the crimes the Trump administration are accused of are reals. Their inertia gives the impression that everything he has been accused of for 3 years is false and thus reinforces his manipulation.

On 7/14/2019 at 2:41 AM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Fuck this racist administration 

Nice juxtaposition 🤬

This is one of the most disturbing things I have EVER seen. Treating these people that are searching for a better life like they are garbage. You wouldn't put 400 dogs in a cage like this, yet here the US is treating other human beings like this. Then the vile Pence has the nerve to congratulate the personnel that are overseeing this atrocity and blame democrats for the problem while referring to these people as criminals and showing not a single shred of empathy for them at all.

I FUCKING HATE THIS ADMINISTRATION 

What do you even say or do anymore? I’m not really shocked over this tweet. He’s been pandering to the dark underbelly of this country since he strode down that escalator. The outrage empowers him and his supporters, they justify, deflect, and point the fingers back at whomever he’s attacking. They tip toe around what says or tweets and gently slap his hand or tell us to focus on his ‘policies’ and what he ‘does’, not what he ‘tweets’ .

He’s revving up his base for 2020 and this is what does it. My hope is that there are enough moderates left who either didn’t vote at all or couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Hillary that are so fed up with this behavior that hey’ll come up in numbers like they did last fall. It’s my hope. But to be honest, I’m not very hopeful at this point. 

4 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

What do you even say or do anymore?

Exactly! Although he's getting some shit for this one, not nearly enough as he should be. Just goes to show how desensitized everyone is becoming to this shit show. In another few days, it'll be swept under the rug like everything else and forgotten. 

We're fucked for 2020. Make no mistake. :sadface:

So, I have a legit question for the Trump supporters because I know some are here and reading this (although they'll prob be too pussy to answer). I really hate giving him this credit (not that it's really a positive) but he's changed the game for politics in the US going forward (it's already started really).....which I'm sure you will clap, cheer and hoot and holler about right now obviously. However, the changing of the game means that at some point we WILL have a Dem version of Trump. Everything is cyclical after all. I find many Trump supporters act as if what is happening now is permanent.......it's not. So, with this new "anything goes" change that has happened,  how will you react to the Dem version of Trump when he or she comes into power? 

I truly don't think these imbeciles have thought THAT much far ahead to see the full repercussions of what has happened. They will though...maybe not in the next 4-5 yrs but certainly within the next decade they're in for a very rude awakening.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Tweets condemned as racist are part of Trump's plan, and strategists say it may work

'He doesn't need to push his approval ratings up if he could drag the other person's down'

^. That article shows the sad, cold cruel truth - there is a method in his madness which is terrifying. Trump, that evil Kellyanne witch and many of the republicans know exactly what they are doing.  They don't care that they are being racist, vile, offensive  - in fact are hoping to appear that way to appeal to their Core base who are also racist. Just how revolting this government that Trump leads is.  He also is using distracting tactics again.  He and his rabid supporters sicken me. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

^. That article shows the sad, cold cruel truth - there is a method in his madness which is terrifying. Trump, that evil Kellyanne witch and many of the republicans know exactly what they are doing.  They don't care that they are being racist, vile, offensive  - in fact are hoping to appear that way to appeal to their Core base who are also racist. Just how revolting this government that Trump leads is.  He also is using distracting tactics again.  He and his rabid supporters sicken me. 

Indeed! It's political nastiness. But if the Democrats want to win 2020 they have to get out of their reactive position and out of their media-fueled Trump obsession. They need to focus on strategy. In 2016, 58% of eligible voters voted (that's not a lot). They need to focus on getting people out to vote (for them). They need to see what the Clinton (robot) campaign failed at and work towards seducing ordinary citizens (who don't live on Twitter or social media and have little interest in media politics and scandals, but that have jobs, health worries and personal lives). Outrage is fine, but it won't get people to the voting poll.

So morally repulsive. 

Its incomprehensible that a sitting American president is standing up on stage, actively bashing members of the U.S House who happen to be women of color, and encouraging a chant of “SEND HER BACK!”

I’ve hung my head in shame for 3 years over the vile rhetoric this madman has spewed. But it truly gets worse and worse with each passing month. 

And the fact a national political party is allowing this to continue makes it all the more horrifying. 

An interesting and scary read about who is shaping policy -

The ‘Religious Freedom’ Agenda

• 2 weeks later...