“Crave” thread

22 hours ago, John said:

Crave is a great song, like a few people have said, I'm also not into remixes of songs.  

Personally Crave touches my soul when I think about relationships in my private life.  That intro at the beginning, I relate too 100%. It touches my soul making me think about what guy do I want in my life, as I always get involved with the wrong ones.  Anyway I also love the video and the bit at the end where the hands nearly touch, sharing that energy....wow..  

Oh, well. Don't we all want things that we cannot have? 😊

On 8/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, Alain Delon said:

According to Drowned Madonna, the Crave remixes will be released the first week of September. I assume this is September 6, basically in two weeks.

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2019/08/23/madonnas-crave-remixes-release-date/?fbclid=IwAR1FKt4kVAP29FM3Lml80xmPWk13wHKFWMEtjxYt_C2rrhDDZlp8Z-zXFZ4

Wow. Why did they wait so damn long to release them?

17 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Wow. Why did they wait so damn long to release them?

It is obvious they didn't want two songs competing in the Dance charts. They released I Rise so they waited for it to reach #1 first then announce this release of Crave. 

7 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

It is obvious they didn't want two songs competing in the Dance charts. They released I Rise so they waited for it to reach #1 first then announce this release of Crave. 

maybe perfect sense but i wonder if radio edits might have gotten some dance radio play if they were released earlier. i suppose it could still happen but the song has peaked on AC already.

23 hours ago, bardo said:

maybe perfect sense but i wonder if radio edits might have gotten some dance radio play if they were released earlier. i suppose it could still happen but the song has peaked on AC already.

Clearly, their focus is on the Dance charts now, hence the proper and timely sequence of releases not overlapping each other. 

I was not impressed with this song when I first heard it and skipped it when the album came out but it's growing on me lately. It definitely has the best single potential of the album and would have done better if actually given a chance on radio.

1 hour ago, strictmachine said:

So basically multiple variations of the same one remix?! God I hope there’s more than just Tracy young at this late stage

I rise´s first remixes where tracy young´s weren´t day?

On 8/28/2019 at 2:01 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I was not impressed with this song when I first heard it and skipped it when the album came out but it's growing on me lately. It definitely has the best single potential of the album and would have done better if actually given a chance on radio.

But it’s one of the best songs on the album

On 9/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, animalinstinct said:

Tracy Young is shit. There, I said it.

I've never liked her mixes and that sucks because she seems like a nice person who genuinely loves remixing Madonna songs. But yeah, her mixes are so bland and generic.

9 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Tracy aside, I’m hopeful we will have some killer ones ahead. With the Apple Music : ReMix Crave competition...

I don’t think that was a competition. It was an Apple Labs event, which means anyone could sign up for the “class” — it was an advanced learning event where they showed you how to use the Apple software program to remix music. “Crave” just happened to be the song you got to play with.

I mean, I’m no remixer, and *I* “remixed” Crave at one of these events. (Heavy air quotes on the remixed.) I am basic AF. My remix was a complete travesty, because I didn’t know what the eff I was doing. I was there to listen to the stems of Crave — it was worth it to listen to Madonna’s isolated a cappella vocals. 

I wrote a post about it a while back. We were only allowed to work with the track during the class (about an hour, I think), and (unlike other Apple Labs where you get to keep something at the end), the instructor apologized that, because Madonna is Madonna, we would not be able to take her music with us. So you couldn’t work on it later or longer. I was one of only two people who came to the event. The other guy was more interested in the software, but he was not disrespectful to M or anything.

So ... unless I missed some announcement, I don’t see any remix contest resulting in some mind-blowing remix.

18 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

The best of the GHV2 mixes or best of Tracys mixes?  Because the Thunderpuss mixes blew hers out of the water.

the best of the GHV2 megamixes imo

also her Music and WIFLFAG mixes are great

but back to Crave

9 hours ago, peter said:

I don’t think that was a competition. It was an Apple Labs event, which means anyone could sign up for the “class” — it was an advanced learning event where they showed you how to use the Apple software program to remix music. “Crave” just happened to be the song you got to play with.

I mean, I’m no remixer, and *I* “remixed” Crave at one of these events. (Heavy air quotes on the remixed.) I am basic AF. My remix was a complete travesty, because I didn’t know what the eff I was doing. I was there to listen to the stems of Crave — it was worth it to listen to Madonna’s isolated a cappella vocals. 

I wrote a post about it a while back. We were only allowed to work with the track during the class (about an hour, I think), and (unlike other Apple Labs where you get to keep something at the end), the instructor apologized that, because Madonna is Madonna, we would not be able to take her music with us. So you couldn’t work on it later or longer. I was one of only two people who came to the event. The other guy was more interested in the software, but he was not disrespectful to M or anything.

So ... unless I missed some announcement, I don’t see any remix contest resulting in some mind-blowing remix.

Oh that sucks, thanks for info. Wish I went to one of these events too