“Crave” thread

4 hours ago, Madonissima said:

I love the vocals of M and Swae Lee, love the guitar but wish it had been produced by Mirwais, he could have have made the track into something truly amazing. 

yes

4 hours ago, Madonissima said:

I love the vocals of M and Swae Lee, love the guitar but wish it had been produced by Mirwais, he could have have made the track into something truly amazing. 

The song is beyond amazing, but I agree that Mirwais would’ve taken it to the next level.

Crave is gorgeous but I do believe Mirwais would’ve take it, and every other song he wasn’t a part of, to the next level for sure. Mike Dean, Diplo and Billboard produced some very solid stuff for madame x but they’re no Mirwais. 

6 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Crave is gorgeous but I do believe Mirwais would’ve take it, and every other song he wasn’t a part of, to the next level for sure. Mike Dean, Diplo and Billboard produced some very solid stuff for madame x but they’re no Mirwais. 

No. Sometimes they’re better than him. Crave and Future are good examples of this.

4 hours ago, runa said:

No. Sometimes they’re better than him. Crave and Future are good examples of this.

Future has amazing production. No doubt. But even as good as it is, it doesn’t have the feeling and - specially - the chemistry the Mirwais produced stuff has. 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, rocknrolla said:

I agree, I like Crave, Future, I Rise, Come Alive, all the non Mirwais songs better

Agree 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, runa said:

On 7/13/2019 at 6:00 AM, rocknrolla said:

I agree, I like Crave, Future, I Rise, Come Alive, all the non Mirwais songs better

I agree. I don’t see how Mirwais‘ production style could have fitted or elevated those songs, maybe for the exception of I Rise.  The others are perfect the way they are. 

And as much as I like the Mirwais songs, I’m glad MX isn’t another 100% Mirwais album. 

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

I agree. I don’t see how Mirwais‘ production style could have fitted or elevated those songs, maybe for the exception of I Rise.  The others are perfect the way they are. 

And as much as I like the Mirwais songs, I’m glad MX isn’t another 100% Mirwais album. 

Same here.  Mirwais does not automatically make Madonna's music better, sometimes he over- cooks it with weird effects.  Madonna herself is what makes her music great. 

4 hours ago, Lolo said:

This.

9 hours ago, Lolo said:

Same here. Crave in particular is perfect the way it is. Doesn't need all the "extra" that Mirwais would bring......I'm not dissing him in ANY way because he has helped create some of the best music of her career with this album. Totally agree though, a full album with him may have been overkill. It's nice to have some variety. *warning* I'm giving a "friend" story....lol....so, I was at my cousins pool on Sunday and she and her friend and myself were swimming and I put on MX and the ONLY song both of them actually started to sing/hum along to was Crave. I truly think in another day and time, this song (in the US anyways) would've been a TAB sized hit. At the end of it all though, my cousin did say she thought the album was good and she liked the variety on it. 

To me, Crave is the only obvious single on this album. I know many will say God Control but.......as brilliant as it is, one of the best of her career in fact, it's NOT single material (again, at least in the US)....it's WAY too "out there" and not a song most can immediately relate to. It's a song that's made to make you think.....typically, songs like that aren't the best single choices. Not that it matters what she releases as a single these days but just sayin.

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Same here. Crave in particular is perfect the way it is. Doesn't need all the "extra" that Mirwais would bring......I'm not dissing him in ANY way because he has helped create some of the best music of her career with this album. Totally agree though, a full album with him may have been overkill. It's nice to have some variety. *warning* I'm giving a "friend" story....lol....so, I was at my cousins pool on Sunday and she and her friend and myself were swimming and I put on MX and the ONLY song both of them actually started to sing/hum along to was Crave. I truly think in another day and time, this song (in the US anyways) would've been a TAB sized hit. At the end of it all though, my cousin did say she thought the album was good and she liked the variety on it. 

To me, Crave is the only obvious single on this album. I know many will say God Control but.......as brilliant as it is, one of the best of her career in fact, it's NOT single material (again, at least in the US)....it's WAY too "out there" and not a song most can immediately relate to. It's a song that's made to make you think.....typically, songs like that aren't the best single choices. Not that it matters what she releases as a single these days but just sayin.

Oh God I totally agree Mr.Kurt!!

I adore a Mirwais and his work on X is gorgeous. It's innovative, modern and so interesting but there is room for other inventors on the album not all the songs require the Mirwais touch. 

I don't think X offers many single choices. She has produced an album with artistry at the fore front of her mind and the journey has ended up in a marvel album full of interesting songs that have unique structures and out there sounds. 

I agree with you Crave is about the only one that is obviously single material. It's so radio friendly and had it of been a decade ago without ageism and the radio block she has now it would of impacted. I agree God Control feels like the front runner as the chorus and disco vibe is so infectious the structure of the song and the subject matter just aren't made for the masses vs something like Music or Hung Up that are both very obvious leading pop singles.

When you line up the Madonna albums on the shelf MX stands out and holds it own as a really unique and bold statement of work from an artist who is at her creative best. It's a work to be proud of. We have had 25 years dominance and commercial peaks (peaks from a female at 50 in pop which is still un-rivalled thank you very much ) and now we can enjoy her trying her hand at interesting projects like MX and the up and coming theatre tour. 

I marvel at M and her incredible career because unlike so many of her contempories, when you reflect on her 35 years of work thus far your not looking back at 1 artist your looking back at 10 different women. So many feathers to her jacket.....yet again 2019 has put another feather to that jacket. 

She continues to be the ultimate Queen of Pop. Who comes close ? Nobody baby. 

On 7/17/2019 at 6:21 AM, Andgon144 said:

so are we ever going to get the tracy young remix of crave ?

lol

I hope so because I really love the snippet we heard

I was almost losing hope it would be realeased but since they are now releasing the I rise one, maybe crave will be next

Crave continues to climb on BILLBOARD 

Adult Contemporary #12

Adult Pop Songs #34

playing in NYC on both 

the New 102.7 and 106.7 LiteFM

On 7/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, Kurt420 said:

I agree that it's nice to have different producers on an album for the sake of variety. I absolutely love what Mirwais did with some tracks, but I'm not in love with ALL of them. I don't think he's infallible.

I also agree that Crave is the only obvious single...just further proof in my eyes that if there weren't such a resistance to Madonna in today's commercial music landscape, she'd easily have more hits. I even think God Control could be a modest hit, protest-vibe-and-all, but only with that radio edit. I played it for someone I know and like and he said "Whoa! Now God Control sounds like a dance/pop song. That other version you've been playing (the album version) has a totally different feel." 

On 7/16/2019 at 11:49 PM, Kurt420 said:

To me, Crave is the only obvious single on this album. I know many will say God Control but.......

Yeah, Medellin and Crave are the single materials in this album... I love GOD CONTROL and i worship it but i know it is not single material, much like Oh Father, too avant garde for the masses... speaking of remixes, they better make sure they give CRAVE and GOD CONTROL a chance at the DANCE charts... I RISE is now charting 

10 hours ago, Steve said:

Crave continues to climb on BILLBOARD 

Adult Contemporary #12

Adult Pop Songs #34

playing in NYC on both 

the New 102.7 and 106.7 LiteFM

So happy! Hope it enters the top 10. 🙏

On 7/12/2019 at 2:42 PM, strictmachine said:

I agree generally—more Mirwais for me always—but Crave has grown on me so much since its release where I generally was "meh." It's in my head daily now. 

The production is stunning. 

I’m surprised , I mean disappointed this has not been sent to radio in uk . I think radio 2 would play this a lot . Such a great song again being ignored 😠

On 7/16/2019 at 3:58 PM, Confessit said:

Oh God I totally agree Mr.Kurt!!

I adore a Mirwais and his work on X is gorgeous. It's innovative, modern and so interesting but there is room for other inventors on the album not all the songs require the Mirwais touch. 

I don't think X offers many single choices. She has produced an album with artistry at the fore front of her mind and the journey has ended up in a marvel album full of interesting songs that have unique structures and out there sounds. 

I agree with you Crave is about the only one that is obviously single material. It's so radio friendly and had it of been a decade ago without ageism and the radio block she has now it would of impacted. I agree God Control feels like the front runner as the chorus and disco vibe is so infectious the structure of the song and the subject matter just aren't made for the masses vs something like Music or Hung Up that are both very obvious leading pop singles.

When you line up the Madonna albums on the shelf MX stands out and holds it own as a really unique and bold statement of work from an artist who is at her creative best. It's a work to be proud of. We have had 25 years dominance and commercial peaks (peaks from a female at 50 in pop which is still un-rivalled thank you very much ) and now we can enjoy her trying her hand at interesting projects like MX and the up and coming theatre tour. 

I marvel at M and her incredible career because unlike so many of her contempories, when you reflect on her 35 years of work thus far your not looking back at 1 artist your looking back at 10 different women. So many feathers to her jacket.....yet again 2019 has put another feather to that jacket. 

She continues to be the ultimate Queen of Pop. Who comes close ? Nobody baby. 

I'm totally with you on all this Mr. ConfessIt!! 😘

I read a quote many years ago and basically they said that they don't trust anyone that says they don't like Madonna because there have been sooooo many Madonna's so surely everyone should like at least ONE of them...lol. MX feels like a brand new Madonna again. NOBODY comes close to her vision!!