“Crave” thread

8 hours ago, side_streets said:

We haven't heard the album yet. 

I love Rebel Heart. I love it more than Music , for example. 

In my opinion, MDNA is all over the place. Take for example Love Spent; beautiful song, beautiful lyrics with terrible production.

I agree about I'm Addicted, that is arguably the best song on the album. 

I don't feel Hard Candy at all. Some songs are really great, but that album leaves me cold unlike Medellín or Crave which make my soul sing. 

I have good feeling about Madame X, because Madonna looks really passionate about this project. 

True, we haven't heard the album. Thats why I wrote that IMO those 4 songs are not better than some amazing songs off her 3 last albums, which people and fans generally disregard. IMO Devil Pray is among her best songs in any era.

3 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

How’s Crave doing?

no idea, but the video views on youtube are quite slow...I guess she needs to promote song

4 hours ago, elijah said:

True, we haven't heard the album. Thats why I wrote that IMO those 4 songs are not better than some amazing songs off her 3 last albums, which people and fans generally disregard. IMO Devil Pray is among her best songs in any era.

She's chosen to release the features first not the albums best songs. 

I just hope the solo M stuff in MX gets given the full on single treatment so the general public get to hear it.

3 hours ago, promise to try said:

no idea, but the video views on youtube are quite slow...I guess she needs to promote song

Yes. Medellin had almost 15 million views after first week.

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Rebel Heart is one of my favourite Madonna albums too.  Love a lot of the songs on it passionately and listen to them all the time. 

+ 1

17 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Rebel Heart is one of my favourite Madonna albums too.  Love a lot of the songs on it passionately and listen to them all the time. 

Same here. Lately I’ve been listening to Wash all over me – such a powerful message. And the lyrics are pure poetry.

But every era is different. Madonna has taught me to like so many different things before, and this time maybe more than ever with all the different genres of music on Madame X.

It’s OK to feel disappointment too, but as a fan I feel I need to challenge myself a bit more. After all, you’re frozen if your...

7 hours ago, side_streets said:

Yes. Medellin had almost 15 million views after first week.

And most of them coming from Maluma's fans. 

But you can't have a decent hit staying home with the kids and giving phone calls interviews. Such a shame because the song is so good and the video is pure Madonna. 

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't get it though.  Are there not even 2 million fans curious enough to watch this video?

nah she turned the casuals off 

10 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

when?

not coming out with a disco song with Mirwais

it's ok they will be at MX tour :lmao: 

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

not coming out with a disco song with Mirwais

it's ok they will be at MX tour :lmao: 

:dead: 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the promotion for Crave? I mean, in general I am very confused with the release strategy so far: releasing Medellin (which I love) performing it once. Releasing Crave, than weeks later releasing the video and then no promotion at all. Then having the huge exposure of Eurovision and performing Future (which I love but this is no single). What is the strategy? We read all the time rumours that she has many surprises this era, but what I get is that she is not interested in promoting the material she has so far released. Or will the promotion begin after the album release and then focus is the Tour? I am completely lost and I think it is a pity that no single has been properly promoted.

Remember when O$eary* convinced her rush releasing a collab with Swae Lee would bring mega streaming $uce$$? 🤣

*or similar

13 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the promotion for Crave? I mean, in general I am very confused with the release strategy so far: releasing Medellin (which I love) performing it once. Releasing Crave, than weeks later releasing the video and then no promotion at all. Then having the huge exposure of Eurovision and performing Future (which I love but this is no single). What is the strategy? We read all the time rumours that she has many surprises this era, but what I get is that she is not interested in promoting the material she has so far released. Or will the promotion begin after the album release and then focus is the Tour? I am completely lost and I think it is a pity that no single has been properly promoted.

I was actually thinking earlier "where are these surprises?!" There was so much speculation earlier this year, Netflix doc, visual album, and obviously a lot of filming has been done so I'm still hopeful some of this could still happen. Remember "think outside the box"? Unless that was referring to the Madame X residency tour.

12 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Remember when O$eary* convinced her rush releasing a collab with Swae Lee would bring mega streaming $uce$$? 🤣

*or similar

how do you know that?

1 minute ago, sotos8 said:

how do you know that?

orig.gif

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, Je5u5 said:

*or similar

According to Madonna, the release strategy is all the Record company's idea.   They were the one who wanted to release multiple songs before the album. It only seems rushed to some fans because they know she's been filming various videos for other songs.  But we knew that "Crave" was among the four songs being released before hand. It's quite apparent, they wanted to go with the songs that featured another artist first.  Not a fan's favorite thing to do, but it is what it is.  I honestly don't believe a solo track by Madonna would have done any better than any other track that has been released already. 

24 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I honestly don't believe a solo track by Madonna would have done any better than any other track that has been released already. 

On chart probably not, but Dark Ballet/or other Mirwais track/or a Portuguese inspired track as a first single would show to the world the new Madonna, mother of music, queen of reinvention, something fresh, new and non-mainstream from the queen of pop

You know, I’m not entirely sure that this is really a fair thing. People thought that Swae Lee would bring instant streaming success. 

We know the song is really good and it’s catchy, and that it’s radio friendly. I think that if everyone in the world had heard the song / knew it existed, it would do at least moderately on the charts.

But I don’t think anyone even knows it is out.

Legit.

I work with many young people. They have never heard of this song.

Why would they stream something they doesn’t know exist?

It needs to be on all the spotify lists. It needs massive payola radio promotion (for the older people because only only people really listen to the radio by choice now). It needs to be performed somewhere and the video should be viral.

Instead, nobody knows about it. It’s not like M is going around and promoting it. 

Edited by imakicola

You know I think Madonna is not the music marketing genius she used to be. I think she is not targeting the good audience with this single, even with Medellin. Trap and raggaeton aren’t really what casual Madonna’s fan want to hear from her, and for the fans of these type of music she is too old and not cool enough. We are all mega fans so we’re not a good barometer of her success. But for instance my sister, who love Madonna, but she is more casual, doesnt like any of the new songs of madame x. She simply doesnt want to listen Madonna on raggaeton, trap music or raggae (future). I Still have good hope with the rest of the album and the Mirways tracks. Several years ago I was Happy she allways focus on the New materials and never look back, but by doing that most of the public have forgotten how big she was and the huge back catalogue she has. She really should embrace her past hits and promote her legacy a little bit. But, again, I have good hope for Madame X 💃💃💃

Why bother drafting in Swae if the song isn't going to get any kind of promo push.

Mayse Well of just dropped the disco banger and have done with it.....or another one of the brilliant songs according to the listening parties the best of the album is still to come...

It feels odd M has gone into tour workshops when the album still hasn't been released.

Maybe they'll be a jam-packed week of promo week commencing June 14th.

Youtube views may not be the greatest but it is holding steady in her top 5 most streamed songs on Spotify.