“Crave” thread

2 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

I don’t think it has anything to do with being a sycophant or blindly subscribing to everything an artist does, but you are correct. We are all entitled to our opinions and we should be able to share them on a forum. 

However, if you find that music has no replay value, maybe that’s more testament to how fickle we have become as consumers, and how we approach pop culture in an era of dwindling attention spans and superfluous choice. I think that in order for a song to become a classic, it has to accompany us in our experiences and our emotions. It has to become a part of the fabric of our lives by how we feel at the time we discover it and listen to it. The older we get, the more of an effort we have to make to invest in our experiences because we have had so many already! Nothing is ever going to feel quite the same to me as the first time I heard Papa Don’t Preach, This Used To Be My Playground or Frozen. But nothing will feel the same as the first time I heard Crave either! Just a different perspective, but I hope these songs all become the soundtrack of our lives in the best way possible. And here’s to the songs we have yet to discover!

this might very well be true, but i think these kinds of assessments take time. for example, at the time of some of the albums you mentioned (erotica, bedtime stories, american life) fans were saying the same things you're saying now. but in hindsight, they're some of her most beloved albums. we probably won't be able to make a totally objective assessment of this era until years from now.

Edited by bardo

4 hours ago, bcx said:

Being a fan does not mean blindly subscribing to everything an artist does. That’s called being a mindless shill. Deal with it. 

I am an Ivy League graduate with a doctorate degree, therefore you will need to find your mindless shill elsewhere. 

Isn't it strange while M mentioned Swae Lee all the time but he NEVER post about Crave? he's totally the opposite of Maluma who seemed genuinely care and happy can collaborate with M🤔

Just now, Voguerock said:

Isn't it strange while M mentioned Swae Lee all the time but he NEVER post about Crave? he's totally the opposite of Maluma who seemed genuinely care and happy can collaborate with M🤔

yeah. odd. he should have been contractually obligated to post about the song/video on a daily basis. otherwise, what's the point?

https://www.mtv.ca/madonna-swae-lee-crave-video/

Madonna and swae lee dance like their lives depend on it in ‘crave’ video

TREY ALSTON, MTV.COM

24/05/19

Madonna loves danger. She craves it. She says so in the intro for her new video for “Crave,” her sultry collaboration with Swae Lee. The simplistic video finds the pair prancing around what looks like an abandoned building as bright neon lights flash around. Also, if you ever wanted to know if Madonna can out-dance you, this video offers proof that, undoubtedly, yes she can. 

In the video, Madonna’s viewpoint of her dancing conquest is rendered in full colour while Swae Lee, moving slowly as if in a trance, sees the world in black and white. The contrast is beautiful. Madonna’s exaggerated movements burst with life, as does her perspective, brimming with bright neon strobe lights. Swae appears as if he’s a heartthrob in a fragrance commercial, smiling and giving each close-up the most of his tattoos that he possibly can. Madonna also shows throughout the course of the video that she can dance at a higher frequency than most, sending her body into energetic spasms between words in the slow song. It’s astounding, peculiar, and marvellous. 

“Crave” appears on Madonna’s forthcoming album Madame X that drops on June 14. The spy-themed LP will also feature the Quavo-assisted “Future,” empowerment anthem “I Rise,” and her Maluma-assisted tune “Medellín.”

Watch Madonna and Swae Lee take over a building in “Crave” up above.

36 minutes ago, Voguerock said:

He did post about Crave and he did talk about working with Madonna in a Variety interview a few days ago. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/music/news/swae-lee-interview-post-malone-sunflower-1203219411/amp/

Maybe he is just not like Maluma. Doesnt mean he wasnt happy.

42 minutes ago, Voguerock said:

He has spoke very highly of her in interview

10 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

M looks good, no doubt, but pass for 30? A tad of an exaggeration, perhaps 😋 (same goes for other "divas" who look good for their age ad they say they look decades younger)

lol I was just thinking this.. I was like I wonder where this person is from where 30 year olds look like what M looks like... and that's not an insult, I think Madonna looks freaking amazing ESPECIALLY during this era..but 30... no. I'd say 45 the most...

59 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

He did post about Crave and he did talk about working with Madonna in a Variety interview a few days ago. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/music/news/swae-lee-interview-post-malone-sunflower-1203219411/amp/

Swae Lee is also just not as active on social media as Maluma 

1 hour ago, Voguerock said:

He is all over his snapchat and ig dancing around to Madonna songs old ones like into the groove so don’t go there you probably justdont know much about Swae Lee so why r u even posting nonsense 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Madonna proves you don't need to have a cinematic, deep song and video to enjoy her music.

20 minutes ago, nunoxico said:

Thank you everyone for all the love on the video!

we worked really hard for it, so it makes me so happy to see it so positively received. You are the best!

🐦📜👑🖤

❤️❤️❤️💯💯💯

4 hours ago, Steve said:

I am an Ivy League graduate with a doctorate degree, therefore you will need to find your mindless shill elsewhere. 

Then introduce arguments that are better substantiated. It’s the least you can do. 

4 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Did Madonna promote Soltera or 11:11? I know it’s not a single but...

37 minutes ago, nunoxico said:

we worked really hard for it, so it makes me so happy to see it so positively received. You are the best!

🐦📜👑🖤

Thank you for all of your hard work to create such a beautiful piece of art, @nunoxico! Sorry it was so stressful for you, but I hope it was worth it in the end. Again, thank you from a grateful fan! I know there are many of us who appreciate what you’ve done. 

40 minutes ago, nunoxico said:

🐦📜👑🖤

Thanks so much. It's just so visually  stunning! Well done!! 💫💫✨🙏🦋😘

3 hours ago, jonur said:

lol I was just thinking this.. I was like I wonder where this person is from where 30 year olds look like what M looks like... and that's not an insult, I think Madonna looks freaking amazing ESPECIALLY during this era..but 30... no. I'd say 45 the most...

agree. but it's all about the styling. she can look 40 one day and much older the next. the "natural" medium blond hair (as opposed to dark or platinum wigs) make her look younger. and the hair style matters too. just look at the video for "living for love" vs. "bitch i'm madonna." if you asked someone on the street, they'd probably say BIM was made years before LFL. same with medellin and crave in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, peter said:

Thank you for all of your hard work to create such a beautiful piece of art, @nunoxico! Sorry it was so stressful for you, but I hope it was worth it in the end. Again, thank you from a grateful fan! I know there are many of us who appreciate what you’ve done. 

53 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Thanks so much. It's just so visually  stunning! Well done!! 💫💫✨🙏🦋😘

Thank you 🙏🏽🙏🏽 Totally worth it, stress is a part of it. 

Also, why does the pigeon emoji looks like a cardinal here?? 😂 🐦🐦🐦

Crave is one of my all time favorite Madonna songs. I’m a huge fan of chilled out vibes. 

I’m also in love with her bright Crave jacket and the shorts. :bow:

3 hours ago, imakicola said:

Did Madonna promote Soltera or 11:11? I know it’s not a single but...

Here you go..this...indeed

21 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

This video needs a big push! It's such a beautiful song. 

Wish her team would do whatever it takes to get Crave maximum exposure. 

4 hours ago, nunoxico said:

🐦📜👑🖤

Nice job! Don't be a stranger and come back to this forum! Hugs. 

4 hours ago, nunoxico said:

🐦📜👑🖤

Thank you for a fantastic job. We love the song and the video really enhanced it and brought it to life. We hope M continues to work with you, perhaps some videos for the tour?

7 hours ago, nunoxico said:

🐦📜👑🖤

I reiterate the thanks you’ve been getting.

We love what you’ve done with the video and appreciate your connection to Madonna. Would love for you to stay around, post on the forums and even share any little details you may have about the shoot. ❤️

8 hours ago, nunoxico said:

🐦📜👑🖤

Beautifully direct, congratulations 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

🐦📜👑🖤

The video is stunning and we appreciate your hard work!

🐦📜👑🖤

Thank you! We Love it ❤️ Madonna & New York are a magic combination

9 hours ago, nunoxico said:

🐦📜👑🖤

❤️❤️ Wonderful video!! Great job!! Streaming it non-stop!