“Crave” thread

31 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

With Medellin, I thought at least she was turning into a cool older chick.  With crave, it appears she has CGI'd herself into looking 25 again.

She looks natural in the video. Are you trying to say she legit CGIed herself?? Have you never seen recent paparazzi photos where she looks freakishly stunning?? 

3 hours ago, Messiah said:

You misunderstood what I wrote or maybe I wasn't clear enough. It's a so-and-so, weak track for a (2nd) single.

Other than that, I really like it. 

What I'm saying is that I don't think that's the consensus. I think Crave is the best song she's released as a single since Get Together and I don't think that's an outlier opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I just quit my job to celebrate Madame X.

yasss Seems to be the appropriate thing to do haha (seriously I always say Life is too short to be bored and not to be happy where you are so I'm happy for you!) 

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

She looks natural in the video. Are you trying to say she legit CGIed herself?? Have you never seen recent paparazzi photos where she looks freakishly stunning?? 

the Crave video has no big budget to CG herself- plus thats not the directors style-  this was all M- with great lighting and styling.

50 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

the Crave video has no big budget to CG herself- plus thats not the directors style-  this was all M- with great lighting and styling.

Exactly!!! 

49 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

Yes to this! 

And i hope there's more BTS video. Wonder if she will ever release it. I mean she recorded loads and loads behind the scenes only to uploaded 1 minute of it to instagram? 

Slant Magazine

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/madonna-and-swae-lee-crave-music-video-delivers-a-message-watch/

Madonna and Swae Lee’s “Crave” Music Video Delivers a Message – Watch

Alternating between color and black and white, the video’s concept is refreshingly simple.

Published 1 day ago on May 22, 2019

By Alexa Camp

music_crave-1000x600.jpg

Though Madonna’s 2015 album Rebel Heart was infamously plagued by leaks, the singer has kept a tight lid on the follow-up, Madame X. Until last week, that is. Details about the project were scarce leading up to the release of the first single, “Medellín,” but a rough cut of the music video for “Crave,” the album’s second single, leaked after director Nuno Xico inadvertently posted a “fully unfinished” clip to his Vimeo account.

The leak likely cranked up the heat on what already seemed like a rushed release. Madonna reportedly skipped this year’s Met Gala to shoot the video for “Crave,” which is far more radio-friendly than the bilingual “Medellín,” featuring reggaeton singer Maluma. The song is a midtempo trap ballad—yes, that’s a thing—that juxtaposes acoustic guitar and Madonna’s plaintive vocal with 808 snares and a guest verse from rapper-singer Swae Lee.

The video for “Crave,” officially out today, opens with the queen of pop releasing a messenger bird off the roof of a building in downtown New York, overlooking the Manhattan Bridge. One by one, Swae collects her messages, which include a reference to Carson McCullers’s The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter, Madame X’s favorite novel.

Alternating between color and black and white, the video’s concept is refreshingly simple, even if the frenetic editing and Madonna’s jerky, hyper-sexualized dance moves clash with the track’s unorthodox but elegant arrangement. Thankfully, she ditches the wigs from “Medellín,” though she is seen donning that as-yet-unexplained “X” eye patch throughout.

Watch below:

9 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I wonder this too. Maluma's videos on YouTube get 100 million+ views...…. except for Medellin. So, I don't know if his fans are boycotting or something. It's very odd. You would think they would be interested to at least view it once! I'm not expecting many Swae Lee fans giving a crap about Crave. This is why I'm against these type of collaborations being done specifically to be popular. It doesn't work. I'm hoping that future albums are solo.

Maluma fans r streaming the song. Just not that much as other Maluma stuff.

Otherwise it would not got 25m views now already. Madonna solo songs get views like LFL and Ghostown which both grow very slow.

We need to keep watching the videos you guys!! Continue watching Crave! I’m obsessed! Love the visual and the message so much! 

5 hours ago, Cesky said:

What I'm saying is that I don't think that's the consensus. I think Crave is the best song she's released as a single since Get Together and I don't think that's an outlier opinion. 

Gurl....................

7 hours ago, Boki_D said:

So I prefer Crave video to Medellin, there I said it. 

6 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I agree. It may have less going on but she looks gorgeous. 

Me three.

4 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

EB22C3AD-B558-4E2B-B64C-91FC05B6741D.png

My heart has always been a lonely hunter Love that reference to love tried to welcome on purpose or not.

Her hand writing is gorgeous take me back to the Confessions font/writing.

8 hours ago, systemvalues said:

I agree with..just look what happened after the videbiopic about  Freddie Mercury and the Queen. 

If Madonna has to die first to be "cool" with the teens, I'd rather have her remain uncool. 

4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

If Madonna has to die first to be "cool" with the teens, I'd rather have her remain uncool. 

They all die before her, she is immortal 🤗

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Maluma fans r streaming the song. Just not that much as other Maluma stuff.

Otherwise it would not got 25m views now already. Madonna solo songs get views like LFL and Ghostown which both grow very slow.

Perhaps a lot of Malumas streams are fake and the Madonna budget didn’t extend that far, or she just doesn’t do the whole bot farming thing? 🤔

5 hours ago, Mensch said:

My absolute favorite remix 

😉😉 mine also, now I listen to that remix more than original version 😄

2 hours ago, Messiah said:

Gurl....................

Music is subjective. You disagree and that’s okay, but many fans adore Crave and consider it a standout single...myself included.