“Crave” thread

2 hours ago, Messiah said:

... And are these strategies working? This is what bothers me, it seems like she and her team don't learn from the past... 

I agree about the first single, it's meant to create hype, discussions, promo etc. A big name next to you can help, but for 2nd single too? And for a "so-and-so" track? Not so sure.

I agree with you though, I am 100% sure there's more promo coming, especially prior and post album release.

I wonder this too. Maluma's videos on YouTube get 100 million+ views...…. except for Medellin. So, I don't know if his fans are boycotting or something. It's very odd. You would think they would be interested to at least view it once! I'm not expecting many Swae Lee fans giving a crap about Crave. This is why I'm against these type of collaborations being done specifically to be popular. It doesn't work. I'm hoping that future albums are solo.

6 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I wonder this too. Maluma's videos on YouTube get 100 million+ views...…. except for Medellin. So, I don't know if his fans are boycotting or something. It's very odd. You would think they would be interested to at least view it once! I'm not expecting many Swae Lee giving a crap about Crave. This is why I'm against these type of collaborations being done specifically to be popular. It doesn't work. I'm hoping that future albums are solo.

Again, want to push back on this. I don't think there's much evidence of this. Maluma and Swae Lee are very integrated on their respective songs and their presence has been widely praised as additive. I think Quavo on Future is more debatable. 

Maluma fans aren't boycotting Medellin lol. Madonna, very unfairly, is simply not cool to young people. No musician, especially female, over 50 is. 

43 minutes ago, Cesky said:

Again, want to push back on this. I don't think there's much evidence of this. Maluma and Swae Lee are very integrated on their respective songs and their presence has been widely praised as additive. I think Quavo on Future is more debatable. 

Maluma fans aren't boycotting Medellin lol. Madonna, very unfairly, is simply not cool to young people. No musician, especially female, over 50 is. 

it might be partly her age. but it's also the song. i bet if it were more uptempo (like "soltera") it would be more popular with his fans. also, the video is quite long and the part they'd probably be most into is toward the end.

2 hours ago, Cesky said:

I want to push back on this a bit. Check even our fan rating/ranking thread. The consensus is not that Crave is a so-so track. The consensus is that is a very good, catchy track. 

I know the Mirwais material will appeal most to a certain set of the fanbase, but Crave is really well liked overall. 

You misunderstood what I wrote or maybe I wasn't clear enough. It's a so-and-so, weak track for a (2nd) single.

Other than that, I really like it. 

59 minutes ago, Cesky said:

Very good point.For the most part,young people are not really interested in older,veteran artists.Such a shame.

16 minutes ago, SkyHigh76 said:

Very good point.For the most part,young people are not really interested in older,veteran artists.Such a shame.

Once we get over the feature nonsense we can start tapping into the truly great album she has made. 

19 minutes ago, SkyHigh76 said:

Actually teens are interested in veteran artists. It's just the crowd she's trying to tap into -- 12 yr olds -- arent.

Just now, Confessit said:

Once we get over the feature nonsense we can start tapping into the truly great album she has made. 

I'm really hyped for the album, I'm getting the impression it's going to be completely out there, like, the "safe" songs will no longer feel safe in the context of the album.

Just now, tasteinmen said:

I'm really hyped for the album, I'm getting the impression it's going to be completely out there, like, the "safe" songs will no longer feel safe in the context of the album.

I totally respect her for wanting to continue to appealing to the masses and use fetaures and to be honest after RH I feared we would get next to no promo this time round as it did little comercially for RH.

But she continues to work hard and impress....I just hope the same effort is there for her solo part of her album as after all that is 80% of it. But then again the theartre video with the queens and the much rumoured banger is ready in the wings for the world.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I totally respect her for wanting to continue to appealing to the masses and use fetaures and to be honest after RH I feared we would get next to no promo this time round as it did little comercially for RH.

But she continues to work hard and impress....I just hope the same effort is there for her solo part of her album as after all that is 80% of it. But then again the theartre video with the queens and the much rumoured banger is ready in the wings for the world.

I have faith the best is yet to come after what the listening party attendees had to say. Fingers crossed anyway, I'm pretty sure MDNA was praised at these listening parties.

Just now, tasteinmen said:

I have faith the best is yet to come after what the listening party attendees had to say. Fingers crossed anyway, I'm pretty sure MDNA was praised at these listening parties.

I can't remember what the reviews were there was there fanfare for MDNA ? but I'd imagine it had some listening parties.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I don't feel Madonna collaborated with anyone on this album for "popularity" points. If that was so, there are far more people who are popular in the music world that could easily propel her songs/videos whether that is on charts or in sales.  For much of the world, all the people who she has collaborated are pretty new to the business or limited to a specific audience of people.  I know Maluma has a lot of views/listens with his songs/videos, but you have to ask yourself in which region or part of the world is this?  Yes, I expected more views/listens with Maluma, but the other collaborators I don't.  They aren't as popular except in their respected genres which isn't necessarily a huge audience for Madonna.  

I really love what I'm hearing. I don't have a problem with whom she collaborated with so far.  If she just put out a solo track at this point, we already know that wouldn't have got as much exposure as what she's done so far.  "I Rise" proves that.  I don't think releasing a featured video would have changed that either.  A lot of this is because she's totally not appreciated in her own country and age plays a huge role.   I hate to say this, but I think in her home country Bruce Springsteen will be her competition and probably keep her from #1. I know many fans do not want to hear this, but the U.S. is a huge market and Bruce is a pretty beloved artist in the U.S.  In Europe and Asia, Madonna has a better chance of topping the charts with her album.   

23 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I'm pretty sure MDNA was praised at these listening parties.

It was and it deserved to be. It was also praised by fans upon release. Great album!

1 hour ago, bardo said:

it might be partly her age. but it's also the song. i bet if it were more uptempo (like "soltera") it would be more popular with his fans. also, the video is quite long and the part they'd probably be most into is toward the end.

I disagree. The crap that young artists put out these days, like God is a woman, are you serious? Shit music but everyone is obsessed! It Ariana released Medellín everyone would be all over it. 

4 minutes ago, Shaun said:

It was and it deserved to be. It was also praised by fans upon release. Great album!

I personally enjoy MDNA, but it does get dragged a lot.

Back on topic, glad to see the Crave video has reached 1 million reviews. I also noticed Future audio video is up to 4 mill.

43 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Actually teens are interested in veteran artists. It's just the crowd she's trying to tap into -- 12 yr olds -- arent.

I don't like seeing this thread turning into bitterness. Please. 

17 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I personally enjoy MDNA, but it does get dragged a lot.

Back on topic, glad to see the Crave video has reached 1 million reviews. I also noticed Future audio video is up to 4 mill.

I think you mean the ESC video is 4 million.  Future just hit 1 million.

7 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I think you mean the ESC video is 4 million.  Future just hit 1 million.

Weird, I saw on a YouTube track list it’s 4m, maybe they’ve combined views of ESC with the audio video? Or maybe I did actually just confused it with ESC. My figures are off today.

4 minutes ago, Andra said:

I get that she's not cool because of her age, but why aren't Maluma's fans watching the video just for him?

His album release was so close to Medellín. He already did 3 videos after I believe. They’re up to the latest. 

39 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I disagree. The crap that young artists put out these days, like God is a woman, are you serious? Shit music but everyone is obsessed! It Ariana released Medellín everyone would be all over it. 

if we were talking about "crave," i might agree with the comparisons to ariana. but in terms of maluma's fans, i'm saying something more reaggeton/uptempo (like soltera) would probably do better. 

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

I agree with..just look what happened after the videbiopic about  Freddie Mercury and the Queen. 

Cant stop watching Crave. Im so in love with Madonna’s look in the video. She’s so ravishing! Looks like the images were from 1985 and early 1991. Love her looks from those eras. So obsessed now with Crave! 

Sick & Sleek video , just like the song , they match each other perfectly . Love her dancing and reacting to this trap rhythm , pours herself into the sound , our world renowned chameleon .

2/2 for Madame X , so far !