“Crave” thread

1 hour ago, bitsy said:

Do you remember which song did she call her favorite?

Dark Ballet. 

@Umberto L oooh thats a good question...probably dark ballet because the song changes gears so many times. it starts off one way then becomes classical... A lot of modern and classical sounds...

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

Dark Ballet. 

@Umberto L oooh thats a good question...probably dark ballet because the song changes gears so many times. it starts off one way then becomes classical... A lot of modern and classical sounds...

It sounds like a heavily partnership between M & Mirwais. 

Hope it gets a video.

6 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Dark Ballet. 

Sounds like Dark Ballet is the Madonna song I've been waiting for!!

Love her songs that are longer and sort of change gears a couple of times.....why I've always loved She's Not Me and Incredible so much. It's like 2-3 songs in one.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

+1 and I'm waiting for the disco banger 🤣

Well, I'm just shocked Confessit!! I would've never guessed that reading your posts the past few weeks!! :lmao:

:kiss2:

Looks like you're getting your disco banger(s) too #soon!! On the real though....I'm really looking forward to those too. Nobody does a disco banger like our M. 

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Well, I'm just shocked Confessit!! I would've never guessed that reading your posts the past few weeks!! :lmao:

:kiss2:

Looks like you're getting your disco banger(s) too #soon!! On the real though....I'm really looking forward to those too. Nobody does a disco banger like our M. 

I didn't choose this forum name for nothing baby🤑.

Im ready for something full on for sure I've loved all the cuts we have heard thus far but they are all mid-tempo. The early descriptions sound so exciting.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I didn't choose this forum name for nothing baby🤑.

Im ready for something full on for sure I've loved all the cuts we have heard thus far but they are all mid-tempo. The early descriptions sound so exciting.

:lol: ❤️

It's def been a minute since we've had a true "disco banger" from M......and even longer since we've had a M+M disco banger so very curious to see how a 2019 version is gonna sound. 

I guess Future Lovers was the last one?? That's gonna be a hard one to beat!! 

13 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

:lol: ❤️

It's def been a minute since we've had a true "disco banger" from M......and even longer since we've had a M+M disco banger so very curious to see how a 2019 version is gonna sound. 

I guess Future Lovers was the last one?? That's gonna be a hard one to beat!! 

I'm here for Music 2019 stylee !!

In terms of disco indeed for me it's more the banger not to revisit old wounds but LFL never quite got there the demo had lots of piano and house music elements that were all stripped away from the actual version we got officially. 

Hair, makeup, clothes, styling in general is on point. 

But this is definitely not that type of video that will make me watch it many times (unlike Medellin, for instance).

I really don't see why they decided to release this song as a single, it's just not IT, but whatever... it's time for me to get over it and hope for a GREAT 3rd single. 

8 minutes ago, Messiah said:

But this is definitely not that type of video that will make me watch it many times (unlike Medellin, for instance).

I really don't see why they decided to release this song as a single, it's just not IT, but whatever... it's time for me to get over it and hope for a GREAT 3rd single. 

I agree her styling is spot on so gorgeous she's sex on legs. 

Theres more to Medellin video I agree Crave is very simple yet beautiful.

Well it's a single because of Swae Lee, the song she created with him was always going to be released to drive streams which is the strategy.

The best songs from Madame X are yet to come according to many of the perople who heard the album this week. Hopefully at least one of these dynamite songs will be unveiled with just Madonna proving she doesn't need anyone standing next to her to deliver A-class pop music.

Actually we are guaranteed one of these with the music video with the queens I suspect is going to be the 3rd single. I just hope we get it before  June 14th to give another side of the album so she can perform/discuss it as post-June I'd imagine she will go straight into tour rehearsals and then the tour. 

25 minutes ago, Messiah said:

Been watching it over and over since yesterday! My favorite video by Madonna EVER!! Love the gentleness of it, the sexiness, vulnerability, symbolizim: fighting the craving for something that’s not good for you, freeing yourself from it aka doves = purity. To each their own. 

this has been bothering me for weeks. does anyone else hear the "pop" at 0:39 on the song (1:21 on the video)? and it's repeated again every time she sings "ooo-ooo my cravings get dangerous." since it's repeated throughout the song, i don't think even think it's a mastering issue. it's on the actual track, which means it's probably going to end up on the album too.

4 minutes ago, bardo said:

this has been bothering me for weeks. does anyone else hear the "pop" at 0:39 on the song (1:21 on the video)? and it's repeated again every time she sings "ooo-ooo my cravings get dangerous." since it's repeated throughout the song, i don't think even think it's a mastering issue. it's on the actual track, which means it's probably going to end up on the album too.

Yep, it's there. Like a glitch. 

26 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I agree her styling is spot on so gorgeous she's sex on legs. 

Theres more to Medellin video I agree Crave is very simple yet beautiful.

Well it's a single because of Swae Lee, the song she created with him was always going to be released to drive streams which is the strategy.

The best songs from Madame X are yet to come according to many of the perople who heard the album this week. Hopefully at least one of these dynamite songs will be unveiled with just Madonna proving she doesn't need anyone standing next to her to deliver A-class pop music.

Actually we are guaranteed one of these with the music video with the queens I suspect is going to be the 3rd single. I just hope we get it before  June 14th to give another side of the album so she can perform/discuss it as post-June I'd imagine she will go straight into tour rehearsals and then the tour. 

... And are these strategies working? This is what bothers me, it seems like she and her team don't learn from the past... 

I agree about the first single, it's meant to create hype, discussions, promo etc. A big name next to you can help, but for 2nd single too? And for a "so-and-so" track? Not so sure.

I agree with you though, I am 100% sure there's more promo coming, especially prior and post album release.

Just now, Messiah said:

... And are these strategies working? This is what bothers me, it seems like she and her team don't learn from the past... 

I agree about the first single, it's meant to create hype, discussions, promo etc. A big name next to you can help, but for 2nd single too? And for a "so-and-so" track? Not so sure.

I agree with you though, I am 100% sure there's more promo coming, especially prior and post album release.

I think they are to be fair as much as they can for Madonna in 2019. The only real mistake thus far for me was taking Future to the Eurovision and not one the bangers that everyone kept talking about from the listening parties. Why not take the best song and work the political message into it....but here we are.

But Swae is absolutely massive in America in terms of streams so I'm guessing she is about to get a lot more online hits than she would ever normally get which of course leads people to Madame X and so on...

im really curious now about when the 3rd single/video will drop....I'd imagine July now unless she drops it unexpectedly June 14th to coincide with the album. 

12 minutes ago, Messiah said:

Yep, it's there. Like a glitch. 

Probably won’t be fixed for the physical release either since it’s there in the video. 

18 minutes ago, Messiah said:

I want to push back on this a bit. Check even our fan rating/ranking thread. The consensus is not that Crave is a so-so track. The consensus is that is a very good, catchy track. 

I know the Mirwais material will appeal most to a certain set of the fanbase, but Crave is really well liked overall. 

5 minutes ago, Cesky said:

I want to push back on this a bit. Check even our fan rating/ranking thread. The consensus is not that Crave is a so-so track. The consensus is that is a very good, catchy track. 

I know the Mirwais material will appeal most to a certain set of the fanbase, but Crave is really well liked overall. 

In my opinion it is her best r'n'b song since Bedtime Stories, which means it is amazing; especially lyrics and mood. 

In terms of lyrics, Crave is the 2019 version of To Have And Not To Hold ☺️👌🏼

It is sooo easy to add lots of YouTube streams of Crave using this playlist!

Thank you jandresrc !!!

All, if you need a Spotify premium accounts for free or help with streaming strategies on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, check out the treat on the topic. 🙂 Please help this song, it deserves a chance!

STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

OK I'm not usually like this but the video made me tear up a little. This is a truly outstanding song that proves once again that no one can emote quite like M. Swae is a fantastic addition to the song, he really brings out the melancholy Madonna is so good at.

All I want is for her to go on and on. I don't think the world will ever know just how special she is.