Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

"Looking For Mercy" thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this song and her voice in this so much. The emotion. The nuances. No one can evoke the way she does. When she sings the following part:

“Somebody to teach me to love
Somebody to help me rise above”
 
I start to :cries: :cries: :cries:
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 10:33 AM, Mario Lopez said:

I love this song and her voice in this so much. The emotion. The nuances. No one can evoke the way she does. When she sings the following part:

“Somebody to teach me to love
Somebody to help me rise above”
 
I start to :cries: :cries: :cries:

Yes,  the way she sings these lines with such intense pure sad emotion - the type of singing Madonna does to absolute perfection.  Why she is one of the greatest ballad singers ever.  The fact she also is one of the greatest pure pop singers who conveys joy so effortlessly too shows her incredible versatility and musical talent as a vocalist.  This can't be taught or put on.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 9:40 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes,  the way she sings these lines with such intense pure sad emotion - the type of singing Madonna does to absolute perfection.  Why she is one of the greatest ballad singers ever.  The fact she also is one of the greatest pure pop singers who conveys joy so effortlessly too shows her incredible versatility and musical talent as a vocalist.  This can't be taught or put on.  

I agree with you 100% :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Going back to this, which I play a lot.

Lyrically it has to be some of the most pained lyrics she has written, along side Be Careful demo.

Is it really love if it hurts?
Is it really pain if it's inside?...........................the way her tone goes down when she says a breathy 'side' 😭
On the outside, I'm strong
Hold my hand, please sympathize

Is it really faith if I'm weak?
Can you tell the truth when you live lies?
I'm just looking for the signs
Hold my hand, please sympathize

Flawed, flawed by design, yeah
Please, please sympathize

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ITG said:

Going back to this, which I play a lot.

Lyrically it has to be some of the most pained lyrics she has written, along side Be Careful demo.

Is it really love if it hurts?
Is it really pain if it's inside?...........................the way her tone goes down when she says a breathy 'side' 😭
On the outside, I'm strong
Hold my hand, please sympathize

Is it really faith if I'm weak?
Can you tell the truth when you live lies?
I'm just looking for the signs
Hold my hand, please sympathize

Flawed, flawed by design, yeah
Please, please sympathize

My favorite part of the song. So moving. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was one of the songs that i loved the most during the first week of listening and i still think it's a gorgeous ballad, really moving and with the typical vibe of Something To Remeber's songs. But now i also think that in the album context is also a very safe song (like I Rise) and thematically far from the braveness and experimentalism of the other slower songs... i can see why she decided to put it as a bonus and not perform it on the show (i'll never understand the standard-exclusion for Extreme Occident instead... maybe too similar to Killers to some extent?).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this song, I know it will become a madonna classic for me, and the fact that it doesn´t have a lot of sound effects ala rise, for example, means that it will grow old better than others,I guess. I want it to be "a single"

Link to post
Share on other sites

This song spoke to me immediately on a lyrical level, but I love her voice in this especially in the chorus. 

It literally brings me tears sometimes when I listen to it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, ITG said:

Is it really pain if it's inside?...........................the way her tone goes down when she says a breathy 'side' 😭

Yes!! I love that part!

It's little things like this that make her such an amazing vocalist to me. She conveys so much feeling with her voice. Will always consider Madonna to be one of the best vocalists of all time. :bow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

She seems vulnerable in that song, her voice is pure. A great surprise!

 

Somebody to teach me to love

Somebody to help me rise above

I need to survive, I'm looking for...

 

tenor-17.gif.1fcef49104e64185dbf51677a0341edc.gif

Edited by Mr.X
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Nick said:

This continues to be my favorite track from MX, 

 

Mine too.  I love this song!  I could have taken a whole album of this vibe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

This track remains my absolute favourite from the album. It gives me goosebumps. So beautifully sung, lovely words, fantastic melody. Classic Madonna at her best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lindyloo said:

This track remains my absolute favourite from the album. It gives me goosebumps. So beautifully sung, lovely words, fantastic melody. Classic Madonna at her best.

Same here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The verses, lyrics, production & her voice are sublime, it's just the repetitive chorus lets it down from being 100% perfect for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...