Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

"Looking For Mercy" thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I wonder if she found her already?

I think not, otherwise the song wouldn’t be in the album! Hahahah

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if this song has something to do with the Anne Sexton poem "45 Mercy Street." Peter Gabriel has a song based off it. 

https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/45-mercy-street/

"In my dream, 
drilling into the marrow 
of my entire bone, 
my real dream, 
I'm walking up and down Beacon Hill 
searching for a street sign - 
namely MERCY STREET. 
Not there. "

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I wonder if this song has something to do with the Anne Sexton poem "45 Mercy Street." Peter Gabriel has a song based off it. 

https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/45-mercy-street/

"In my dream, 
drilling into the marrow 
of my entire bone, 
my real dream, 
I'm walking up and down Beacon Hill 
searching for a street sign - 
namely MERCY STREET. 
Not there. "

I would LOVE if it is a reference to Sexton.  Hoping it’s an elegant, stately ballad or an epic track and not a silly throwaway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like she did something wrong and she’s looking for mercy asking for forgiveness 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 7:55 PM, rebelheart said:

Lucy O'Brian said this was her least favourite song from the album. 

She has done odd opinions.  Like I remember she said Madonnas vocals weren't suited for the bedtime stories album

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 10:09 AM, Stephen said:

I wonder if this song has something to do with the Anne Sexton poem "45 Mercy Street." Peter Gabriel has a song based off it. 

https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/45-mercy-street/

"In my dream, 
drilling into the marrow 
of my entire bone, 
my real dream, 
I'm walking up and down Beacon Hill 
searching for a street sign - 
namely MERCY STREET. 
Not there. "

Interesting this can't be a coincidence

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Who would have fucking thought that LOOKING FOR MERCY is the true highlight of the album???? OMG, I'm seriously shook right now. What a fabulous song!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...Confused that Looking for Mercy was not conveyed as a major player on the album in the majority of reviews. One of her career highlights! Absolutely gorgeous ballad that will stand up there with her greatest! The longing, and the triumph! 

Flawed flawed by design, please please sympathize! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ashtangi74 said:

looking for mercy isnt a filler at all…..very beautiful, catchy and great vocals

tumblr_inline_n5aeekRVvy1qlp3oi.gifThank you Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

Wow...Confused that Looking for Mercy was not conveyed as a major player on the album in the majority of reviews. One of her career highlights! Absolutely gorgeous ballad that will stand up there with her greatest! The longing, and the triumph! 

Flawed flawed by design, please please sympathize! 

Just shows how useless those reviews are, especially critics. Even the positive ones, somehow missed the mark. How many of them bothered to mention just how cosmic and spiritual and metaphysical this album actually is? Batuka alone gives me chills! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kilt said:

The beat drum is confusing me

It’s supposed to be very dramatic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Looking for Mercy...

Could this be one of Madonna's best songs like EVER? 

Yes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking For Mercy

Every night before I close my eyes
I say a little prayer
That you'll have mercy on me
Please dear god
To live inside the divine
Not like I want to die
Teach me to forgive myself
Outlive this hell

Is it really love if it hurts
Is it really pain if it's inside
On the outside I'm strong
Hold my hand, please sympathize
Hard enough try to forgive
Hard not try to live
Please don't criticize, yeah
Please, please sympathize, yeah

Somebody to teach me to love
Somebody to help me rise above
I need to survive
I'm looking for
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for love
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for mercy

Every night before I close my eyes
I say a little prayer
That you'll have mercy on me
Please dear god
To live inside the divine
Not like I want to die
Teach me to forgive myself
Outlive this hell

Is it really brave if I'm weak
Can you tell the truth when you live lies
I'm just looking for the signs
Hold my hand, please empathize
Hard enough try to forgive
Hard not try to live
Flawed , flawed by design, yeah
Please please sympathize

Somebody to teach me to love
Somebody to help me rise above
I need to survive
I'm looking for, looking for, looking for, looking for, looking for.. mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for love
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for mercy

Somebody to teach me to love
Somebody to help me rise above
I need to survive
I'm looking for
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for love
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for mercy

Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for...
Looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for...
Looking for mercy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robster said:

Looking For Mercy

Every night before I close my eyes
I say a little prayer
That you'll have mercy on me
Please dear god
To live inside the divine
Not like I want to die
Teach me to forgive myself
Outlive this hell

Is it really love if it hurts
Is it really pain if it's inside
On the outside I'm strong
Hold my hand, please sympathize
Hard enough try to forgive
Hard not try to live
Please don't criticize, yeah
Please, please sympathize, yeah

Somebody to teach me to love
Somebody to help me rise above
I need to survive
I'm looking for
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for love
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for mercy

Every night before I close my eyes
I say a little prayer
That you'll have mercy on me
Please dear god
To live inside the divine
Not like I want to die
Teach me to forgive myself
Outlive this hell

Is it really brave if I'm weak
Can you tell the truth when you live lies
I'm just looking for the signs
Hold my hand, please empathize
Hard enough try to forgive
Hard not try to live
Flawed , flawed by design, yeah
Please please sympathize

Somebody to teach me to love
Somebody to help me rise above
I need to survive
I'm looking for, looking for, looking for, looking for, looking for.. mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for love
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for mercy

Somebody to teach me to love
Somebody to help me rise above
I need to survive
I'm looking for
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for love
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
I'm looking for
I'm looking for mercy

Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for...
Looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for mercy
Looking for, looking for, looking for...
Looking for mercy

Thank you so much!

The “Somebody teach me...” part kills me every time.

This is kind of what Madonna + Patrick Leonard might have sounded like in 2019?

what a gem

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...