"Looking For Mercy" thread

On 6/27/2019 at 12:30 AM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I agree. The song is very epic and cinematic. It would be perfect for a show or movie.

This is the song I truly am aching for a video for.   I think it is the best song Madonna has recorded in years - considering how much I adore her music,  that is a huge huge compliment.   Packs an emotional punch that only Madonna can do.  Such a sad, beautiful song with incredible vocals, lyrics and melody.  Has reached me more than any song released by anybody for years.  

I feel like I had this weird dream where Madonna fans were really into this fine-okay track off the album and then I woke up and was like “Oh, whew.” Except the last part. 

I'm still waiting for this to grow on me. I can't believe the compliments it is getting, i am trying so hard to like it. 🤣

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Such a standout track in her catalog. It just exudes emotion. And her vocals are breathtaking.

Yes, it’s surely one of her all time best vocals.  Absolute perfection.  I love everything from the lyrics to the melodies to the production to the vocals.

I love this song. Vulnerable, honest, dramatic instrumentation...it also gave me Oh Father vibes.

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

This is the song I truly am aching for a video for.   I think it is the best song Madonna has recorded in years - considering how much I adore her music,  that is a huge huge compliment.   Packs an emotional punch that only Madonna can do.  Such a sad, beautiful song with incredible vocals, lyrics and melody.  Has reached me more than any song released by anybody for years.  

Couldn't agree more @Jazzy Jan!   My favorite from the album!!

9 hours ago, Mooncrown11 said:

Couldn't agree more @Jazzy Jan!   My favorite from the album!!

So many people on Madonnanation love this song.  :inlove:  Should be on the standard album as well.  It is just mesmerising and beautiful.  Her vocals on this are beyond beautiful.  I am raving so much because I love it so much. 

This is in my MX top five- just adore it. I'd say it should be part of the standard edition, though the deluxe is probably the preferred version, so all good. Now, if it were the title track of the album and not on the standard, that would be a different story. :gent:

On 7/5/2019 at 11:02 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

I so agree. This song just gives me goosebumps. Such a beautiful melody and she sounds amazing. I will be heart broken if she doesn't sing this on tour as it is one of my most favourite Madonna songs ever.

2 hours ago, dubtronic said:

Here's the outro of a mix I'm currently working on...

Awesome. Can't wait to hear the whole mix when you are finished. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
6 hours ago, dubtronic said:

Here's the outro of a mix I'm currently working on...

Definitely one of my favorites from the new album. I can't wait to hear your interpretation of the song.  😉

There are so many parts to this song that Indont me know what’s the verse, pre-chorus, chorus etc.  The way she sings the “someone to teach me” line is one of the strongest vocals ever by her!  Not sure if that’s considered the pre-chorus or just part of the chorus.

Also the song reminds me of Gone in the way that the second verse appears at first to have the same lyrics as he first, but actually contains a few important lyric changes.

Gorgeous, cinematic, swelling strings and multiple melodic hooks as well as stellar vocals make this an album and a career highlight.  I find it to be on the same level as Messiah, possibly better.