"Looking For Mercy" thread

3 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

Only Madonna can sing like this.

True.  Only Madonna can sing with the understated but still powerful emotion she evokes in the lines "Someone to teach me to love / Someone to help me rise above."

6 hours ago, Sloane said:

The album ends really well with IDSIF, LFM and I Rise. At least thats the version i have .. blond cover.

I agree. That there is another version of the album is a crime.

On 6/16/2019 at 5:38 AM, SheldonCooper said:

This song makes me wanna cry it gets me so emotional. The Looking for , Looking for, Looking for bit is hypnotic!😢

her vocals😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

This song IS an experience. You really become a different person during the course of the song and as it concludes. It’s harrowing in parts and contains real power. That type of power is very hard to capture, but Madonna captured it BIG TIME.

18 hours ago, Andra said:

Who else LIVES when she gets to the post chorus part? 1:46 min

Every night, before I close my eyes ...

Those lines are glued tu my brain

My relationship with this song is strange because I feel like when I first heard it, I did not even bother to sit down and listen to it properly - I just noticed the amazing singing and grand production but I didn't really listen hard enough to the words in this song. Each listen kept bringing me closer into the song though and now it battles for my top spot. 

What an incredible ballad. I mean, this is classic Madonna. Been so long since we've heard something like this. There are multiple serviceable ballads on Rebel Heart but they're nothing like this. 

This song is why I have loved Madonna for so long. Her ability to pull a track like this up from her soul and just blow me away. It’s so sublime in its perfection. I just love it so much. On first listen I got goosebumps, that is always an indication that this will be one of my special forever songs. I pray she will sing this on tour but as it’s supposed to be a bonus track (what??) maybe she won’t. 

Such a beautiful masterpiece of a song. I’m melting...🥰

I so desperately want a beautiful video made for this song.  Or for this song to be used effectively in a popular tv series or movie.  It is just too beautiful not to be known by the GP.   

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I so desperately want a beautiful video made for this song.  Or for this song to be used effectively in a popular tv series or movie.  It is just too beautiful not to be known by the GP.   

I agree. The song is very epic and cinematic. It would be perfect for a show or movie.