Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

This will be my last comment on the Eurovision fiasco. 

I just hope that IF next time Madonna gives yet another poor televised vocal performance and she receives a major backlash from the general public for the 950th time:

Her fans will stop the stupid (sorry, but it's really, really stupid) "So Madonna is not allowed to have ONE bad day? She just missed some notes, jeez, people just love to hate a bold female pop star like her" script. And play the gender/age game all over again. 

We all love Madonna. We should defend her the best way we can, but there's a difference between being sane loyal fans, and full-blown deluded out-of-touch idiots. Wake up. 

I wish all the best to Madonna. She has the best voice. I shall remain a fan forever until the Day of Resurrection, unto ages of ages. 

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

This will be my last comment on the Eurovision fiasco. 

I just hope that IF next time Madonna gives yet another poor televised vocal performance and she receives a major backlash from the general public for the 950th time:

Her fans will stop the stupid (sorry, but it's really, really stupid) "So Madonna is not allowed to have ONE bad day? She just missed some notes, jeez, people just love to hate a bold female pop star like her" script. And play the gender/age game all over again. 

We all love Madonna. We should defend her the best way we can, but there's a difference between being sane loyal fans, and full-blown deluded out-of-touch idiots. Wake up. 

I wish all the best to Madonna. I shall remain a fan forever until the Day of Resurrection, unto ages of ages. 

You've made some great points throughout the discussion.

A spade is a spade. I know exactly what your saying. 

13 minutes ago, Confessit said:

You've made some great points throughout the discussion.

A spade is a spade. I know exactly what your saying. 

And yes, I do genuinely believe that she has the best voice among all pop singers, male and female. She has the instrument. But she has to use it properly, and take care of it. 

7 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

And yes, I do genuinely believe that she has the best voice among all pop singers, male and female. She has the instrument. But she has to use it properly, and take care of it. 

...and get a new team... but I am already dreaming big time. 😁

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Well, I totally agree in regard to her "(Casio) band" and have thought that for years......even as far back as Confessions I thought her band had a flat, karaoke-ish vibe to it. It's just curious to me that all of these things that have been happening for years and years....literally decades have now come to a head. I remember watching Ciao Italia VHS as a kid and my Mom screaming from the kitchen to please turn it down because she thought her voice sounded terrible....lol....this just feels like such old news to me, literally nothing has changed....lol....that's why I'm questioning, why now?

Why are you curious when we've explained to you over and over again that this was EVENT television where for the first time in about 30 years Madonna was playing to a prime time continent-wide TV audience on a Saturday night and fucked it up? That for the first time our friends, neighbours and family were able to turn round and say "that was shit". And that it has resulted in quite possibly the worse notices she has received in her entire career? Over reaction or not, it's what has HAPPENED.

And now that I see the floodgates I tried to keep shut have been opened by posting shit like Piers Morgan then maybe I'll post it ALL and we can have another big giant pity party 1k post thread going round in circles.

4 minutes ago, Crazyone said:

let's leave the past behind and look into the FUTURE 🙂 It's so much more exciting what she has installed for all of us next ...

Still high on iTunes

4 hours ago, Sasori84 said:

As someone said in an earlier post, the GP had put Madame X aside, thinking she had almost stopped making music. This is the first time, after the fall @ the Brits, that Madonna is the main topic of discussion and the main dish for haters' lunch. They were just waiting for something like this to happen and took the chance to let their ancient vitriol flow... This is just part of a well known cycle (Erotica/Sex book anyone?), the only difference being the rise of social media and the constant need to spit on anything that comes with it.

Nowadays, everyone feels entitled to leave an immediate comment on every subject, even the ones that need a specific knowledge. No research, no curiosity, just the impulse to have a say in the matter, and that's easy to do hiding behind a monitor. 

IMO this magnifies the backlash and our perception of it, given that the LAP performance has been truly pretty unfortunate. 

And this self pitying nonsense needs to be addressed as well.

No, our friends, family etc were not wanting Madonna to fail, putting Madame X in the corner etc. They were excited and looking forward to it. "What's she gonna sing, when is she on, OMG LAP, can't wait" etc etc.

She came on did badly and the collective DISAPPOINTMENT was plain to see.

That social media jumped on it as they do everything is immaterial (although social media will also jump on and magnify a TRIUMPH if there's anything to be triumphant about and which did happen after her last prime time UK spot when she fell on her arse and got straight back up again)

That mainstream media has picked up and ran with it is entirely expected. The Queen of Pop should at least be able to sing in tune.

But no, this 'woe is Madonna' crap is so overdone and she's in danger of falling into that self pitying, no one understands me trap as well, egged on by some of her fans who've already eulogised her to the point where she may as well just retire.

Sorry @Kim @Crystal Coffin and others who are seeing the constant bad press from this. For once I'm glad to be an American Madonna fan. I would be depressed seeing that vitriol every day. Being an American, I really can't grasp what it's like for ya'll right now. I'm used to her getting hate day in and day out, but this seems tougher than usual.

I still think the performance was good even with a couple bum notes, and it's the media who are making it out to be some huge disaster which it just wasnt, her voice has always been hit or miss from day one. Even her BEST vocal performances have their moments. She ain't a vocalist. Wanting a new version of LAP, a live band, etc, are all fair suggestions and wants, but it wasn't a disaster. The media reaction might be a disaster, but her performance wasn't. And the suggestion that she needs a new team is silly to me considering how amazing this era has been so far, how great the songs are and looks and what an incredible video we got for Medellin. What I want from her team is to respond to her detractors. Otherwise I've really been so happy this era, and I have so much excitement for what is still to come! Which is a lot! 

24 minutes ago, Kim said:

Why are you curious when we've explained to you over and over again that this was EVENT television where for the first time in about 30 years Madonna was playing to a prime time TV audience on a Saturday night and fucked it up? That for the first time our friends, neighbours and family were able to turn round and say "that was shit". And that it has resulted in quite possibly the worse notices she has received in her entire career. Over reaction or not, it's what has HAPPENED.

And now that I see the floodgates I tried to keep shut have been opened by posting shit like Piers Morgan then maybe I'll post it ALL and we can have another big giant pity party 1k post thread going round in circles.

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

And this self pitying nonsense needs to be addressed as well.

No, our friends, family etc were not wanting Madonna to fail, putting Madame X in the corner etc. They were excited and looking forward to it. "What's she gonna sing, when is she on, OMG LAP, can't wait" etc etc.

She came on did badly and the collective DISAPPOINTMENT was plain to see.

That social media jumped on it as they do everything is immaterial (although social media will also jump on and magnify a TRIUMPH if there's anything to be triumphant about and which did happen after her last prime time UK spot when she fell on her arse and got straight back up again)

That mainstream media has picked up and ran with it is entirely expected. The Queen of Pop should at least be able to sing in tune.

But no, this 'woe is Madonna' crap is so overdone and she's in danger of falling into that self pitying, no one understands me trap as well, egged on by some of her fans who've already eulogised her to the point where she may as well just retire.

Preach, papi!

Unfortunately her performance is having very real effects! I ❤️ M and don’t give a crap about a few bum notes, but her use of politics is affecting those that work for her. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/madonna-eurovision-dancer-interrogated-for-1-5-hours-at-airport-after-wearing-palestinian-flag-2490649/amp

5 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

What I want from her team is to respond to her detractors. 

I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I don't even know what they could say except make a joke out of it.

The 'damage' is done. And by that I mean that the everyday Joe who could take or leave Madonna before now just thinks she's a bit past it and can't even sing anymore, those who hate her are jubilant and fans are, as we've seen in here, either in hiding or really pissed off.

It's clearly not what they were expecting because the big "6 shows added due to demand" stories were already strategically set up to go live yesterday, except the "Flop Madonna can't sing" headlines superseded them, and from what I'm hearing about the presales, you can take yer pick of ticket, cos they're selling like cold cakes.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I don't even know what they could say except make a joke out of it.

The 'damage' is done. And by that I mean that the everyday Joe who could take or leave Madonna before now just thinks she's a bit past it and can't even sing anymore, those who hate her are jubilant and fans are, as we've seen in here, either in hiding or really pissed off.

It's clearly not what they were expecting because the big "6 shows added due to demand" stories were already strategically set up to go live yesterday, except the "Flop Madonna can't sing" headlines superseded them, and from what I'm hearing about the presales, you can take yer pick of ticket, cos they're selling like cold cakes.

Uou, thats not good if true about the tickets. She cant sell theatres? I never thought I d see the day. Anyways I think she could speak about it IF it was a technical difficulty. I thought it was when it aired, I thought she couldn't hear herself... If that was the case, she better speak out. If not, better not and let it go away. The worst thing is that Eurovision was her biggest platform and I feel like she fucked herself up with LAP.

She will bounce back. Remember the ROL performance at the 98 VMAs. Very off key! It’s just social media didn’t exist then. And people nowadays are so eager to look for anything to offend 

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Uou, thats not good if true about the tickets. She cant sell theatres? I never thought I d see the day. Anyways I think she could speak about it IF it was a technical difficulty. I thought it was when it aired, I thought she couldn't hear herself... If that was the case, she better speak out. If not, better not and let it go away. The worst thing is that Eurovision was her biggest platform and I feel like she fucked herself up with LAP.

It's only the Icon and Citi tix on sale so far but there's no rush or immediacy as there has been in the past. You can sit where you want basically. They've made the right decision to only have 3 cities in Europe. The Uk alone would not sell out those theatre dates.

2 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

She will bounce back. Remember the ROL performance at the 98 VMAs. Very off key! It’s just social media didn’t exist then. And people nowadays are so eager to look for anything to offend 

But in 1998 she was held on a pedestal and was virtually untouchable. Plus her music was absolutely brilliant and that performance came after the absolute rave about ROL (totally deserved). Nowadays she is in a totally different space, she hasn't had a real commercial success since 2005, the majority of ppl dont follow her as they did back then and she had this huge platform which she could have used to gain more fans and to win a lot of ppl back, especially Europeans. It so sad, cause until recently Europe had her biggest fan base.

24 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Sorry @Kim @Crystal Coffin and others who are seeing the constant bad press from this. For once I'm glad to be an American Madonna fan. I would be depressed seeing that vitriol every day. Being an American, I really can't grasp what it's like for ya'll right now. I'm used to her getting hate day in and day out, but this seems tougher than usual.

I still think the performance was good even with a couple bum notes, and it's the media who are making it out to be some huge disaster which it just wasnt, her voice has always been hit or miss from day one. Even her BEST vocal performances have their moments. She ain't a vocalist. Wanting a new version of LAP, a live band, etc, are all fair suggestions and wants, but it wasn't a disaster. The media reaction might be a disaster, but her performance wasn't. And the suggestion that she needs a new team is silly to me considering how amazing this era has been so far, how great the songs are and looks and what an incredible video we got for Medellin. What I want from her team is to respond to her detractors. Otherwise I've really been so happy this era, and I have so much excitement for what is still to come! Which is a lot! 

Same here. I agree with you and others like @Kurt420 that her performance wasn't that bad. Yes some notes we're off (but I still don't think it was her all of her fault)but overall , I loved it all- the theatricalness, the dancing, the backdrops and staging. Anyway I'm so excited on this new era. It's been rolled out brilliantly. I love all of her new music so far and the videos, and no one needs fired unless it's whoever messed up technically with sound. My only other complaint is too high of prices for the theatre tour and the lottery to get tickets when you don't know where you are seating. Oh well. I'm done commenting on this.  

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

It's only the Icon and Citi tix on sale so far but there's no rush or immediacy as there has been in the past. You can sit where you want basically. They've made the right decision to only have 3 cities in Europe. The Uk alone would not sell out those theatre dates.

Prices are very high too. I don't plan on this  tour because I'm not paying 100 euro to be on top of the stairs with bad visibility. 

I really doubt she'd be struggling with any tour if prices are regular! 

10 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

I ❤️ M and don’t give a crap about a few bum notes

The mortifying "A FEW bum notes" script again. 

It seems to me that her fans are genuinely ignorant about SOUNDS. It's like, deafness, is just so deeply ingrained in the Madonna Land. 

I know I have posted my "final comment", but seeing this blatant delusion among her fans, is what hurts me the most. 

You might as well cook a kitten for your dinner and call it "an okay dish". 

Have a nice day. 

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Prices are very high too. I don't plan on this  tour because I'm not paying 100 euro to be on top of the stairs with bad visibility. 

I really doubt she'd be struggling with any tour if prices are regular! 

Yeah the prices are ridic but I didn't want to add to the shit buffet.

4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The mortifying "A FEW bum notes" script again. 

It seems to me that her fans are genuinely ignorant about SOUNDS. It's like, deafness, is just so deeply ingrained in the Madonna Land. 

I know I have posted my "final comment", but seeing this blatant delusion among her fans, is what hurts me the most. 

You might as well cook a kitten for your dinner and call it "an okay dish". 

Have a nice day. 

You are so patronizing. Maybe YOU are the delusional one if you thought ANY performance would win Madonna a bunch of praise and adoration. Either that or you are delusional that she was some vocal powerhouse before this event. I get it that the backlash is massive, and you are entitled to your opinion on the matter but so am I and my opinion is the backlash is mostly undeserved. It WAS just a FEW bum notes, it wasn't the entire song, she has ALWAYS struggled with her live vocals. You don't have to be such a bitch about it if some of us actually liked the performance. Jesus.