Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)


Recommended Posts

The fact that she sounded like shit on the 1ST song dissapointed people, followed by a song sung by a robot.. and then

that threw people...there really is no woulda coulda shoulda...I mean a year later, let's just b honest she was the worst singer on

that stage that night.

and FUTURE was always gonna b that NEW song where people were gonna say OH THAT'S A NEW SONG

source.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and I officially can't believe people are making up another setlist because:

the 1980's MONSTER HIT and ALL TIME classic 'Like a Prayer' wasn't a good choice :rotfl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so excited when that short clip surfaced of her rehearsing to the LAP album version

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gus said:

I was so excited when that short clip surfaced of her rehearsing to the LAP album version

???

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gus said:

I was so excited when that short clip surfaced of her rehearsing to the LAP album version

 

8 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

???

 

Yes but apparently they just played the CD. I remember Kim commenting on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

???

 

This was the first rehearsal i think

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

 

Yes but apparently they just played the CD. I remember Kim commenting on it. 

Yeah, it's clearly the album version playing

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gus said:

This was the first rehearsal i think

 

This version would have been perfect. Maybe the sound is dubbed, never seen this video rehearsal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

This version would have been perfect. Maybe the sound is dubbed, never seen this video rehearsal. 

Don't think it's dubbed, she appears to be moving to the rhythm of the song but who knows really

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-eurovision-rehearsals-madonna-teases-fans-with-promise-of-special-surprise/

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Sorry Kurt that LAP was a shit performance! :lol:

Oh CC, no doubt this would most likely be ranked last in LAP performances for me (although that RIT/MTV OSAOTR/Hope For Haiti karaoke versions all come close....all of which are "tolerable" to me) but what I'm saying is she received some of the most vicious press I've ever seen her receive in her entire career because of this.....and idc how bad the LAP performance was, it wasn't proportionate to the terrible press she received. It just wasn't....sorry. 🤷‍♂️ The criticism went beyond the performance and was personal, idc if she took a shit on stage while singing LAP, it didn't warrant the press she got. Not so much in the States, here it basically went under the radar. 

Totally get why Future would go over badly, nobody knew the song and it's......drab (although I love it in context of MX album). At the end of the day, Madonna did something that was against the grain for the occasion. She's done that many many times......sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

The most disappointing part of all of this for me was seeing her diehard fans turn on her and follow the crowd because it was the "popular" thing to do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's allways the same conversation here, she pleased american people with her superbowl performance, she should have make an effort for european people at the eurovision. these 2 events can't be compared, one is more trendy the other one corny, BUT Eurovision Viewing Figures are twice as the number of the superbowl. So a little effort for her legacy, her casual fan and her back catalogue would have been appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, acko said:

The fact that she sounded like shit on the 1ST song dissapointed people, followed by a song sung by a robot.. and then

that threw people...there really is no woulda coulda shoulda...I mean a year later, let's just b honest she was the worst singer on

that stage that night.

and FUTURE was always gonna b that NEW song where people were gonna say OH THAT'S A NEW SONG

source.gif

 

True on every level. The problem is she sounded TERRIBLE at the very beginning of LAP. She should have gone there with 30 back up vocalists and danced her ass off. I dont think LAP was a bad choice per se, its just that 1) her voice have never sounded so off 2) the version sucked out the life off LAP. Future is a great song, but it didn't really translate well on that stage. I dont know what would have translated well on Eurovision stage from Madame X... Maybe I Dont Search, I Find with great choreography...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

The day after the performance and 20 yrs from now, I'll say the same thing.......this was not a bad performance. The criticism for this is/was completely ridiculous and completely overblown. Appropriate for the occasion?? Maybe not. I'll give the critics that.....certainly wasn't what anyone was expecting....but in a way, that's totally something Madonna would do. We all thinking we're getting a bright, bubbly, anthemic Music or Hung Up performance and we get the end of the world instead....lol. 

In fact, now that I'm further removed from the "critique" of it all, I like it even more. It was a pre-cursor to MX tour vibe.

At the end of the day, Madonna clearly gave zero fucks about what people said about it.....nor should she. Oh goodness.....a year later, it's still just as hilarious seeing how seriously people took this. Like she murdered their grandmother or something because she wasn't "bubbly" at Eurovision. Oh well.....suck it up buttercups.....lol.

Come on now. :rotfl: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

She could have burped and some people here would clap. 
 

I don't know how she sounds in Madame X Tour but since the Rebel Heart Tour all her live performances have been so so. Purple Rain, Medellin and Eurovision. I can understand the knee problems but not the voice. She was vocally great during the Rebel Heart promotion. I do wonder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blame it on Kevin Antunes! 
 

Why does she keep him when all he does is lifeless versions of her songs.

Why did no one tell her she sounded off at the rehearsals?

Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF she is the biggest star ever why can ´t she find someone who fully understands her music and produces fantastic live versions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, karbatal said:

She could have burped and some people here would clap. 
 

I don't know how she sounds in Madame X Tour but since the Rebel Heart Tour all her live performances have been so so. Purple Rain, Medellin and Eurovision. I can understand the knee problems but not the voice. She was vocally great during the Rebel Heart promotion. I do wonder.

Press praised the vox on MX

Link to post
Share on other sites

But really though.

This shit world does not deserve someone unspeakably AMAZING like Madonna. Coronavirus is a major slap to the face of the entire humanity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, runa said:

Come on now. :rotfl: 

Swear to God I don't think it is....lol. 

Idk, perhaps if I had so many outside influences trying to tell me it's the worst performance ever, then I'd have a different opinion. Fortunately, nobody cares about Eurovision in USA so I was left to my own judgement. Also, I didn't have preconceived notions about what I thought it *should* be so there was no disappointment that she didn't do what she was "supposed" to do for the occasion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Swear to God I don't think it is....lol. 

Idk, perhaps if I had so many outside influences trying to tell me it's the worst performance ever, then I'd have a different opinion. Fortunately, nobody cares about Eurovision in USA so I was left to my own judgement. Also, I didn't have preconceived notions about what I thought it *should* be so there was no disappointment that she didn't do what she was "supposed" to do for the occasion. 

clap applause GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

USA is not the entire world. Eurovision was a huge audience in a huge market (bigger than us in total).

performance wise she was great both LAP & FUTURE were visually good, set was great, outfits good, choreography good. The show wasn’t as energetic Live 8 or Live Earth (yeh remember how good those where and how happy we all were at the good press, we all instantly knew after watching that it went great bcz we felt great! We are all arm chair critics and our views are valid, so FU to everyone who says we are making to much of a big deal about Eurovision)...

anyway back to Eurovision, the voice was what lost it and then the vibe of the show was wrong, however if the voice was good that night then I think people would have forgiven the vibe of the show (I.e dark & mournful rather than fun/fancy)

in an alternative universe she performed Medellin (she should have carried on the promo of this song) & then closed with Into The Groove.

Future she should have performed along with Crave at some US Talk Shows (& the Brit awards in UK) and God Control she should have performed at the MTV VMAs that year and received  the award for ‘best song with a message’...sigh

Link to post
Share on other sites

The casio karaoke arrangement of LAP didn't help. It was so thin and dull that it sucked the life out of a brilliant song.

Combined with her not having a good night vocally, it felt irritating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a poor performance overcomplicated by the staging and the stairs. And the incorrect forum to use for preaching (i.e. - Future).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Elysium said:

It was a poor performance overcomplicated by the staging and the stairs. And the incorrect forum to use for preaching (i.e. - Future).

People were upset by the vocoder

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, karbatal said:

That's not cheesy.  You clearly missed the point. I guess you're not from the EU?

Everything about it is cheesy and camp, old flop artists are hired to compite in the contest, real artists avoiding to compite in it like plague and neigbour countries vote each other and Swedish shlager factory writers are writing the same song for each country

But it was fun once in a year until Madge gave the kiss of death :chuckle:

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...