Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

10 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

So so tired!!

Other acts have domestic abuse, child abuse, drug scandals etc and have legacies perfectly intact.

Madonna has taken on the Vatican, Moral Majority and so much more.....this isn't Ashlee fucking Simpson we're dealing with here....lol....after 35+ yrs, it's gonna take a wee bit more than a questionable vocal performance to ruin her. Give me a break. How do people even come up with this shit, seriously??

Thank you

12 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Certainly wasn't a peak vocal performance by any means......but I will ALWAYS say her vocal performance didn't warrant the outrage that it got. NEVER EVER!! Because it DIDN'T. 

The outrage was completely disproportionate to the "offense" at hand. End of story.

There were so many other things at play that influenced the reaction of this.....but I'll just leave it at that.

And this too of course

Madonna has a zillion LAP performances or broadly a zillion performances in general recorded for posterity where she sings beautifully. Regardless of the reason for the imperfection of her vocal rendition on May 18, sound issues, nerves, the added effects on her voice that are actually part of one of the two songs itself, GOD forbid she's anything less than perfect!

Some people in the media have already the knives out for her anyway because they are dull, vicious, hypocritical and jealous that she hasn't self destructed while continuing being creative and profitable for an uncommonly long period of time. And add the fact that she's not an ass-kisser and wouldn't give them the time of day

Some fans should not feed the trolls and learn to read between the lines

That Red Ronnie clip said it all. First of all she's Madonna, second she's singing live, third while climbing down a staircase, fourth the artful effort to convey a specific and important message. And by the looks of it at one of the cheesiest television events ever

Get a grip. It's not the fucking end of the world. Madonna is human and great at the same time, she pours 💯 of herself into everything she does. Occasional and minor failure only highlights how she's not a damn robot propped up by a bunch of snooty and controlling puppeteers. She's not your bitch don't hang your shit on her

And for the record has anyone among the Madonna community or outside of it ever gotten a taste of Bono's or Springsteen less than stellar live vocals 30+ years in? It's all recorded for posterity as well, but some people love hating on Madonna, understandably and conveniently so while forgetting or pretending not to see or consider anything or anyone else

It's like that RS review and the person who wrote it, you can clearly see when someone is reviewing her work Vs actually reviewing the person Madonna, and in the same breath praising something that is way beneath the worst thing Madonna might have ever released. It's a joke really. 

Besides one can give a lukewarm assessment or even a completely unfavorable one but still display constructive criticism rather than an obvious attempt to tear someone down and sugarcoating it with back handed compliments. And last but not least, spare us the Madonna apologist rethoric   :gent:

The only reason people are still talking about it is because they think she got 1,5 million dollar for it! If that amount wasn't mentioned, nobody would have cared!

13 hours ago, ursula said:

"I can be honest" ... " I thought she sounded great "

OMG IS EVERYONE TONE DEAF??? DIDN'T YOU GUYS HAVE BASIC MUSICAL TRAINING AT SCHOOL?

Drama mode: off

Seriously, I had no idea THAT many people listened to music without ever developing an ounce of a musical ear. I've been reading so many comments such as "I don't hear any difference between the edited and the live version"!

I know right :rotfl:

She herself knew she sounded shit HENCE THE EDITED VOCALS on the YouTube upload. 

19 hours ago, Titty said:

Can't believe people are still defending the Eurovision performance.  It was an ill advised disaster.  I love the fact she wanted to put a message across but it didn't translate.  End of. Poor vocals,  poor arrangement, clunky set and clothes, lifeless dull new single with Quavo who disrespected her before it even started... it drained the atmosphere from a hyped up arena leaving the audience speechless but not in a good way. 

^ 100% truth. 

Note: I love the song "Future". 

Close this thread now 

22 hours ago, Titty said:

Can't believe people are still defending the Eurovision performance.  It was an ill advised disaster.  I love the fact she wanted to put a message across but it didn't translate.  End of. Poor vocals,  poor arrangement, clunky set and clothes, lifeless dull new single with Quavo who disrespected her before it even started... it drained the atmosphere from a hyped up arena leaving the audience speechless but not in a good way. 

This is the only reasonable take on this performance.

It has nothing to do with her legacy, just to do with how people see the Madonna of today. For many, this was their first glimpse of what Madonna has been up to for many years and it was not a good impression. Nothing to do with the usual nonsense about trying to tear her down, a media conspiracy and all the other rubbish. Simply to do with our friends, family and co-workers watching a big performance on a Saturday night and coming away thinking Madonna has lost it. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Nothing to do with the usual nonsense about trying to tear her down, a media conspiracy and all the other rubbish. Simply to do with our friends, family and co-workers watching a big performance on a Saturday night and coming away thinking Madonna has lost it. Simple as that.

If only people comprehend this simple fact ^^.

But no. "MADONNA IS A FIERCE 60 YO POP STAR THAT'S WHY THEY HATE HER" + "SO SHE IS NOT ALLOWED FOR ONE BAD DAY?" are what they chose to settle for in regard to this Eurovision shit. 

to get people excited again, they should've released Dark Ballet earlier. after Eurovision it's just been two weeks of whining, complaining, and negativity (and Im not talking about the concerned fans here) We need some excitement and positive energy

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

to get people excited again, they should've released Dark Ballet earlier. after Eurovision it's just been two weeks of whining, complaining, and negativity (and Im not talking about the concerned fans here) We need some excitement and positive energy

She need a new Team and advisors

Someone who reacts dynamicly

8 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Imagine IF she gave a GREAT performance that hundreds of thousands of people can't stop raving about for two weeks instead. Despite being a polarizing figure, Madonna IS totally capable of giving a well-received live performance.

5 hours ago, XXL said:

And this too of course

Madonna has a zillion LAP performances or broadly a zillion performances in general recorded for posterity where she sings beautifully. Regardless of the reason for the imperfection of her vocal rendition on May 18, sound issues, nerves, the added effects on her voice that are actually part of one of the two songs itself, GOD forbid she's anything less than perfect!

Some people in the media have already the knives out for her anyway because they are dull, vicious, hypocritical and jealous that she hasn't self destructed while continuing being creative and profitable for an uncommonly long period of time. And add the fact that she's not an ass-kisser and wouldn't give them the time of day

Some fans should not feed the trolls and learn to read between the lines

That Red Ronnie clip said it all. First of all she's Madonna, second she's singing live, third while climbing down a staircase, fourth the artful effort to convey a specific and important message. And by the looks of it at one of the cheesiest television events ever

Get a grip. It's not the fucking end of the world. Madonna is human and great at the same time, she pours 💯 of herself into everything she does. Occasional and minor failure only highlights how she's not a damn robot propped up by a bunch of snooty and controlling puppeteers. She's not your bitch don't hang your shit on her

And for the record has anyone among the Madonna community or outside of it ever gotten a taste of Bono's or Springsteen less than stellar live vocals 30+ years in? It's all recorded for posterity as well, but some people love hating on Madonna, understandably and conveniently so while forgetting or pretending not to see or consider anything or anyone else

It's like that RS review and the person who wrote it, you can clearly see when someone is reviewing her work Vs actually reviewing the person Madonna, and in the same breath praising something that is way beneath the worst thing Madonna might have ever released. It's a joke really. 

Besides one can give a lukewarm assessment or even a completely unfavorable one but still display constructive criticism rather than an obvious attempt to tear someone down and sugarcoating it with back handed compliments. And last but not least, spare us the Madonna apologist rethoric   :gent:

The answer is here: 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

For many, this was their first glimpse of what Madonna has been up to for many years and it was not a good impression. Nothing to do with the usual nonsense about trying to tear her down, a media conspiracy and all the other rubbish. Simply to do with our friends, family and co-workers watching a big performance on a Saturday night and coming away thinking Madonna has lost it. Simple as that.

Thanks 

25 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Imagine IF she gave a GREAT performance that hundreds of thousands of people can't stop raving about for two weeks instead. Despite being a polarizing figure, Madonna IS totally capable of giving a well-received live performance.

I know.. and Ive thought about it.. but we can't change it. It makes me just as bitter and annoyed as you are, but it is what it is.. Madonna is a very stubborn woman and for some reason REFUSES to let a big audience know how fucking talented she is - aside from a few.. (at least since the late 00s). It's unbelievable.

same with the single releases edit: Im not gonna open that can of worms.

43 minutes ago, Nikki said:

lol I just deleted that part of the post for obvious reasons 😉 but yeah..

You shouldn't have. Nobody wants Madonna to collaborate with these dreadful Soundcloud rappers, we tolerate it because we respect her autonomy.

20 hours ago, ursula said:

I also don't think the reaction was generated only by the underwhelming vocal performance (even though a significant amount of EV watchers are also addicted to the voice/x factor type of shows). The whole thing was particularly odd. From the black tunic with the uroboros, to the ballet dancers with gas masks rolling down the stairs, it certainly was not a clear message that could resonate with the general public. 

About half are comments about the autotune in the second song, people really hated Future

2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

i don't think she's living for the applause.

7 minutes ago, miki said:

well.. she could have her very own version of the hype beychella got.. think about it.. there were many possibilities.. the more I think about it, the more I see the huge disappointment and miss of opportunity.. just removing Quavo alone would've helped a lot.. she could still perform something with a message and be a little avant grade.. but not with that re-edition of LAP or that AWFUL track "future". it's just.. yeah 😞 

Just now, miki said:

Wow, that's something new to me as a fan, I never KNEW that, Madonna does not crave for applauses, she's such a badass rebel you know.

:newspaper:

Sorry for being a bitch here, but FFS, if she actually gave a FANTASTIC (or at least **decent**) performance that night which served to remind people out there what a legendary performer she is, you would NOT have said THAT. 

She herself chose to perform at a show that is obviously aimed for the masses, and when it was poorly received, we hide behind the "She never wants to be likeable" excuse. Yet when critics praise her music, we would be over the moon. 

:wacko:

The problem with like  a prayer live is that the gospel choir already carries the song, so when she can't even sing her part, it looks very bad. 

Overall, though, I liked the performance, I like the visuals, the spoken part in the middle, and I really like Future, but it seems divisive. 

4 hours ago, ursula said:

"Uh, why am I on a stage?! And why am I dressed like a victorian prostitute? Please turn off that light, or else people might begin to notice me! What now, you want me to jump and scream? How dare you?! "

"Eurovision is campy and so beneath me! I want to be hated by everyone who is watching this! IDGAF! But still I want to deliver a message for peace!" 

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

well.. she could have her very own version of the hype beychella got.. think about it.. there were many possibilities.. the more I think about it, the more I see the huge disappointment and miss of opportunity.. just removing Quavo alone would've helped a lot.. she could still perform something with a message and be a little avant grade.. but not with that re-edition of LAP or that AWFUL track "future". it's just.. yeah 😞 

Obviously not saying that she should have sung "Ghosttown", but just watch this 43-second clip and see how different the energy is...

6 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Obviously not saying that she should have sung "Ghosttown", but just watch this 43-second clip and see how different the energy is...

I wonder what was up with her at Eurovision.. I thought it was a bad idea from the start. just a feeling I had..

during rehearsals she sounded bad.. I hadn't heard her like that before.

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

yes she could have chose the safe path but she didn't .. the decision to go through with the performance after the hosts demanding to change the playlist was wrong.. 

if you think future is awful ..i find it GREAT, are you still excited for the album or you 're wishing she should stop releasing new stuff.. i'm wondering

4 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

yes she could have chose the safe path but she didn't .. the decision to go through with the performance after the hosts demanding to change the playlist was wrong.. 

if you think future is awful ..i find it GREAT, are you still excited for the album or you 're wishing she should stop releasing new stuff.. i'm wondering

I LOVE the message.. but you honestly dont think that Quavo ruined it by being disrespectful and unrehearsed? or that she couldn't have chosen a different song or chosen something different instead of the dangerous stairs that were holding her back?

im very excited about the Mirwais songs and I KNOW I'll love them and everyone here knows I loveeee this woman ❤️

8 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

In my case, I love "Future". The collaborations are brilliant and beyond the capability of other safe veteran acts. The visual treatment we got from "Medellín", both the video and the BBMA performance, are right up there with "Vogue", "Bad Girl", "Bedtime Story".

The horrid EV performance in Tel Aviv was a particular, specific catastrophe. 

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

I LOVE the message.. but you honestly dont think that Quavo ruined it by being disrespectful and unrehearsed? or that she couldn't have chosen a different song or chosen something different instead of the dangerous stairs that were holding her back?

im very excited about the Mirwais songs and I KNOW I'll love them and everyone here knows I loveeee this woman ❤️

i didn't imply you don't love her but sometimes even a fun isn't connected anymore with an artist ,that's more than fair .