Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

3 hours ago, Andra said:

I feel like she will never talk about it, as if it never happened. Even on those radio interviews there was no mention of eurovision, everyone only asks her about the Billboard performance. Says it all.

It did tarnish an otherwise perfect era and she only has herself to blame. 

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

Oh god, from my country 😂😂😂😂😂

In the comments they say that they should send them next year

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

keep streaming Crave bitch and shut up

tenor.gif

You’re literally my favourite person from this forum.. 

29 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Thanks Kurt! Like Perez, I viewed her wanting peace between the two countries too (and before it's too late).  

well, if the apple thing is true, and she performs there.. let's hope it's really good.. it could maybe change the conversation after the bad performance from two weeks ago

Certainly wasn't a peak vocal performance by any means......but I will ALWAYS say her vocal performance didn't warrant the outrage that it got. NEVER EVER!! Because it DIDN'T. 

The outrage was completely disproportionate to the "offense" at hand. End of story.

There were so many other things at play that influenced the reaction of this.....but I'll just leave it at that.

12 minutes ago, ursula said:

I also don't think the reaction was generated only by the underwhelming vocal performance (even though a significant amount of EV watchers are also addicted to the voice/x factor type of shows). The whole thing was particularly odd. From the black tunic with the uroboros, to the ballet dancers with gas masks rolling down the stairs, it certainly was not a clear message that could resonate with the general public. 

Definitely the performance itself, especially in that venue probably contributed to the vitriol. Even aside from that though, there are so many other factors. They kind of touched on it in that little clip I posted.....in the social media world, negativity thrives (in just about every subject.....goes waaaaay beyond Madonna) and it's incredibly contagious too. Not to bring up the "100 people in a room" thing....lol....but that's a good way to put it really.....the number of "likes" on the Eurovision video exceeds the number of "dislikes" and I'm sure if you analyze all comments on all social media, the love would trump the hate......you would never know that by what's presented to us though. The bad stuff will always be amplified.....especially when it comes to Madonna.

Well Eurovision bad performance is the best thing haters could eat! I'm afraid it will damage the sales of the new album

M has lost a huge part of her legacy with this performance...

5 minutes ago, bliss94 said:

M has lost a huge part of her legacy

Oh for the love of God :rolleyes:

This has got to be the most ridiculous repeated phrase of the 2010's when it comes to Madonna. EVERYTHING according to some has "ruined her legacy".....yet here she is, still doing her thing. Obviously her "legacy" hasn't been that impacted since her shows are selling out everywhere with dates being added in many cities.

More overblown social media bullshit. Completely ridiculous.

11 hours ago, Danmacevents said:

Why are people saying it's a missed opportunity?

Because gave one of her worst ever broadcasted live vocals in front of the largest audience she's ever had for a single TV performance 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

This has got to be the most ridiculous repeated phrase of the 2010's when it comes to Madonna. EVERYTHING according to some has "ruined her legacy".....yet here she is, still doing her thing. Obviously her "legacy" hasn't been that impacted since her shows are selling out everywhere with dates being added in many cities.

"Ruing her legacy", the most dreadful phrase. 😑

26 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

M was loved in France during the 2000s and respected. She's very mocked here now after Eurovision... 

35 minutes ago, bliss94 said:

Well Eurovision bad performance is the best thing haters could eat! I'm afraid it will damage the sales of the new album

Madonna is a legend. One bad performance isn't going to change that or her legacy would have been over long ago. 

7 minutes ago, side_streets said:

"Ruing her legacy", the most dreadful phrase. 😑

So so tired!!

Other acts have domestic abuse, child abuse, drug scandals etc and have legacies perfectly intact.

Madonna has taken on the Vatican, Moral Majority and so much more.....this isn't Ashlee fucking Simpson we're dealing with here....lol....after 35+ yrs, it's gonna take a wee bit more than a questionable vocal performance to ruin her. Give me a break. How do people even come up with this shit, seriously??

2 minutes ago, bliss94 said:

M was loved in France during the 2000s and respected. She's very mocked here now after Eurovision... 

And every teenage girl in the US dressed like her in the 80's but they don't now so that must mean she's over. What's your point? Keep dreaming if you think a nearly 40 yr career is going to be one, massive, constant "high point". That's not exactly realistic.

Madonna's been mocked before for many things......bitches still goin to her shows though.....even in France apparently if she's adding dates.

It’s obvious that the media wants to make this bigger than it is. It’s still recent, so it might be mocked.. all it takes is a few good public vocal performances and she should be fine..

19 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

So so tired!!

Other acts have domestic abuse, child abuse, drug scandals etc and have legacies perfectly intact.

Madonna has taken on the Vatican, Moral Majority and so much more.....this isn't Ashlee fucking Simpson we're dealing with here....lol....after 35+ yrs, it's gonna take a wee bit more than a questionable vocal performance to ruin her. Give me a break. How do people even come up with this shit, seriously??

Mocked all over Europe... She is over! 

IMG_20190505_220051_932.jpg

1 minute ago, side_streets said:

Mocked all over Europe... She is over! 

IMG_20190505_220051_932.jpg

:lmao:

One of my all time faves!! "Calm Down Grandma".....and she was like 35.....some things never change!! 

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

:lmao:

One of my all time faves!! "Calm Down Grandma".....and she was like 35.....some things never change!! 

She didn't deliver her best performance that evening, but as @Nikki said: " all it takes is a few good public vocal performances and she should be fine.." Her legacy is not ruined! 

10407486_10200344438489503_8501047804830910054_n.jpeg

9 minutes ago, side_streets said:

She didn't deliver her best performance that evening, but as @Nikki said: " all it takes is a few good public vocal performances and she should be fine.." Her legacy is not ruined! 

10407486_10200344438489503_8501047804830910054_n.jpeg

Ugh!! I actually remember this airing!

But hey, if someone was willing to pay 50 cent to voice they're "tired" of her, then they must REALLY be tired of her.....perhaps would be haters should start getting charged for their Tweets....bet the "faux(out)rage" wouldn't be quite as vocal and widespread then! :lol:

1 hour ago, bliss94 said:

1 hour ago, bliss94 said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Certainly wasn't a peak vocal performance by any means......but I will ALWAYS say her vocal performance didn't warrant the outrage that it got. NEVER EVER!! Because it DIDN'T. 

The outrage was completely disproportionate to the "offense" at hand. End of story.

There were so many other things at play that influenced the reaction of this.....but I'll just leave it at that.

Yep the hate was over the top and toxic even though I feel parts of the performance were disappointing..

Some in the media did do their best to throw Madonna under the bus again, and gullible people believe it for sure. In the age of mass media people are going along with what they're told.

Anyway, she went right back to work and this be will completely forgotten with new album and tour. We will be discussing all her new tracks soon!

14 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

It did tarnish an otherwise perfect era and she only has herself to blame. 

Oh please, it blew over in a week.