Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

Why are people saying it's a missed opportunity? That she should have done a fun song? She had one intention. Her message. 

It wasn't the right time for it but it was the right place. If it wasn't in Israel I doubt she would have done it. She had a point to prove on the latest leg of this "revolution of love" the singing was a let down. But she was told to not he political and she was. As is her right, bit to claim she misunderstood Eurovision is wrong. 

I almost think it was a FUCK you to the billionaire that paid her 

Almost like "sure I'll come to Israel on your jet, use your money to fund the show, I'll sing the most morbid version of LAP ever, a song that's not even a single with a rapper no one knows and call you out for trying to whitewash israel" - classic M. 

Edited by Danmacevents

1 hour ago, Danmacevents said:

Why are people saying it's a missed opportunity? That she should have done a fun song? She had one intention. Her message.  

Yes! Agreed!

2 hours ago, Danmacevents said:

It wasn't the right time for it but it was the right place. If it wasn't in Israel I doubt she would have done it. She had a point to prove on the latest leg of this "revolution of love" the singing was a let down. But she was told to not he political and she was. As is her right, bit to claim she misunderstood Eurovision is wrong. 

I almost think it was a FUCK you to the billionaire that paid her 

Almost like "sure I'll come to Israel on your jet, use your money to fund the show, I'll sing the most morbid version of LAP ever, a song that's not even a single with a rapper no one knows and call you out for trying to whitewash israel" - classic M. 

I think people feel it’s a missed opportunity because this was one of the  biggest performances of Madonna’s entire career in terms of the size of the audience impact and, instead of showcasing her iconic career or brilliant new album to the full extent of what could’ve been, she butchered the vocals on one of her biggest classics songs and then followed it up with Future featuring a stoned and lifeless Quavo, resulting in widespread negative reaction instead of widespread praise. Not saying I agree with all that but just a hunch...

I feel like she will never talk about it, as if it never happened. Even on those radio interviews there was no mention of eurovision, everyone only asks her about the Billboard performance. Says it all.

Can people pls stop with the racist comments on here about Quavo bieng stoned! 

Black people are not the only ones who smoke dope! How do u know M wasn’t stoned on the night!? Or the cameramen who kept zooming in n out at the wrong places 

9 minutes ago, Andra said:

There are literally pictures of him smoking right before the show. How the fuck were you able to turn this into a racism issue?

to make themselves feel like a saviour for POC. nothing but selfish reasons, just like all SJWs. Facts don't matter to those people. Notice how she ignores that I mentioned Mike Dean as well 😉

44 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I think people feel it’s a missed opportunity because this was one of the  biggest performances of Madonna’s entire career in terms of the size of the audience impact and, instead of showcasing her iconic career or brilliant new album to the full extent of what could’ve been, she butchered the vocals on one of her biggest classics songs and then followed it up with Future featuring a stoned and lifeless Quavo, resulting in widespread negative reaction instead of widespread praise. Not saying I agree with all that but just a hunch...

Oh I do understand. But I think at the moment she's really in "freedom fighter" mode which I can take or leave, I think the praise she was expecting was from her message but tbh the whole thing just had something missing. And I can't work it out (apart from tune 😂)

23 minutes ago, Andra said:

There are literally pictures of him smoking right before the show. How the fuck were you able to turn this into a racism issue?

This. If there was a picture of Madonna smoking a joint before her show I think people would react the same. He was so stoned, I feel when she was touching him it was to guide him round the stage! I smoke weed I know the struggle! Ha! 

Can't believe people are still defending the Eurovision performance.  It was an ill advised disaster.  I love the fact she wanted to put a message across but it didn't translate.  End of. Poor vocals,  poor arrangement, clunky set and clothes, lifeless dull new single with Quavo who disrespected her before it even started... it drained the atmosphere from a hyped up arena leaving the audience speechless but not in a good way. 

6 minutes ago, Titty said:

Can't believe people are still defending the Eurovision performance.  It was an ill advised disaster.  I love the fact she wanted to put a message across but it didn't translate.  End of. Poor vocals,  poor arrangement, clunky set and clothes, lifeless dull new single with Quavo who disrespected her before it even started... it drained the atmosphere from a hyped up arena leaving the audience speechless but not in a good way. 

I respect the message and the visuals, but we just have to accept that most people didn't get it and only focused on weaker vocals and that it was basically a big mistake.

the unfortunate thing is, I think she hasn't learned her lesson.. Kevin Antunes and mike dean are still working for her. let's hope some of the instruments and live singers we hear in the workshop for the tour will be part of it, and the horrible autotune and other "help" by Kevin & co gets removed once the tour and other promo starts.. it's astounding to me how the artist that had such great people working with her is now working with horrible amateurs who smoke weed and can't name a madonna song. (and that she's ok with that)

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

Can people pls stop with the racist comments on here about Quavo bieng stoned! 

Black people are not the only ones who smoke dope! How do u know M wasn’t stoned on the night!? Or the cameramen who kept zooming in n out at the wrong places 

BF5378EE-8B8C-4FED-87D2-7D1E02A90D57.gif

2 minutes ago, Royal T said:

if u say so

ok-then.gif

I just wanna see how many unimpressed GIFs I can get out of you. I'm chronically bored. 

4 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I just wanna see how many unimpressed GIFs I can get out of you. I'm chronically bored. 

Sorry not today maybe next time. don't have time

17 minutes ago, Royal T said:

people still talking abut this mess? Get over it.

QOvB.gif

i mean for real, this thread deserves to die already... the presentation was a royal mess... has anyone noticed medellin and soltera trending on billboard? who knew she was great at reggaeton?

2 minutes ago, articunocc said:

i mean for real, this thread deserves to die already... the presentation was a royal mess... has anyone noticed medellin and soltera trending on billboard? who knew she was great at reggaeton?

You got a link? 

7 minutes ago, articunocc said:

your shirt is awesome, you look like a lannister

This is nicest thing I ever heard 😄 thnx

54 minutes ago, Royal T said:

people still talking abut this mess? Get over it.

QOvB.gif

1a : The marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
b : A public meeting place for open discussion 
c : A medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
2 : A judicial body or assembly: court
3a : A public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion 
b : A program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

So, no need to act
holier-than-thou; if some members still have what to say about it, let them do.

:wink:

17 minutes ago, Rock said:
1a : The marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
b : A public meeting place for open discussion 
c : A medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
2 : A judicial body or assembly: court
3a : A public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion 
b : A program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

So, no need to act
holier-than-thou; if some members still have what to say about it, let them do.

:wink:

yes but it was literally 3 years ago, I think it's time to move on

3 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

That is literally the most incorrect use of the word literally. It was literally 13 days ago 

17 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Thank you...

Okay, I have a crazy insane idea, if you're bored of discussing EUROVISION don't visit the EUROVISION thread. It's hilarious that in a forum which daily becomes "HC is underrated" is bored of discussing something less than two weeks old.