Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

14 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Everything about it is cheesy and camp, old flop artists are hired to compite in the contest, real artists avoiding to compite in it like plague and neigbour countries vote each other and Swedish shlager factory writers are writing the same song for each country

But it was fun once in a year until Madge gave the kiss of death :chuckle:

This, all of this! 

I actually do it find it quite ironic how she pretty much served us Dante's Inferno with her performance (and how everyone criticized her that it wasn't fitting), and one year later, look at where we are :sneaky:

21 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

I actually do it find it quite ironic how she pretty much served us Dante's Inferno with her performance (and how everyone criticized her that it wasn't fitting), and one year later, look at where we are :sneaky:

And the song was FUTURE :scared:

We all know what a magnificent wonderful performer Madonna is. As fans, we have seen that over and over all throughout her career.

Trying to deny this was a bad performance is not doing Madonna as a performer justice. She is not Britney, Janet etc who are excused for everything. Madonna is above that and as a performer she is in the highest class.  She is such an incredible performer normally and fans know this. We should just move on and not try to blame other factors or slam Eurovision.  Madonna has always been a magnificent performer.  For whatever reason, this was sadly not one of them on the day.  

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

We all know what a magnificent wonderful performer Madonna is. As fans, we have seen that over and over all throughout her career.

Trying to deny this was a bad performance is not doing Madonna as a performer justice. She is not Britney, Janet etc who are excused for everything. Madonna is above that and as a performer she is in the highest class.  She is such an incredible performer normally and fans know this. We should just move on and not try to blame other factors or slam Eurovision.  Madonna has always been a magnificent performer.  For whatever reason, this was sadly not one of them on the day.  

I will say this though NOSTRADONNA also has NOSTRAFANS, the likes of @acko and @Nikki reacted immediately and with caution when news broke that she was doing Eurovision... with comments like 'She'll better bring her A game vocally or she'll b ripped to shreads' or even
advising that she had better lip sanc. Just because of the nature of that event and the way it's traditionally being reported on i felt that it wasn't a good fit for M and not because it's cheesy or campy or beneath her.

1 minute ago, Suedehead said:

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

I swear I would have preferred a lip sync scandal 'because she had a cold'... I guess tape with the Superbowl vocals was confiscated by the Mossad.

Just now, acko said:

I swear I would have preferred a lip sync scandal 'because she had a cold'... I guess tape with the Superbowl vocals was confiscated by the Mossad.

Amen

Plus if I'm not mistaken often times the winner of the previous year is 'allowed' to lip sync when they perform, no? I remember when Helen Paparizou performed 'Mambo' the year after she won with 'My No. 1' and I was all, 'hmm.... that's a tape'.

Just now, Suedehead said:

Amen

Plus if I'm not mistaken often times the winner of the previous year is 'allowed' to lip sync when they perform, no? I remember when Helen Paparizou performed 'Mambo' the year after she won with 'My No. 1' and I was all, 'hmm.... that's a tape'.

Absolutely.

5 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Queen of lip synching in the car :clap:

Now that shouldve been the main perf. It woudve been enough.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:28 AM, acko said:

I will say this though NOSTRADONNA also has NOSTRAFANS, the likes of @acko and @Nikki reacted immediately and with caution when news broke that she was doing Eurovision... with comments like 'She'll better bring her A game vocally or she'll b ripped to shreads' or even
advising that she had better lip sanc. Just because of the nature of that event and the way it's traditionally being reported on i felt that it wasn't a good fit for M and not because it's cheesy or campy or beneath her.

I seriously believe others have mentioned that too ..

On 5/17/2020 at 10:28 AM, acko said:

YES.

Remember she was rumored to perform a year earlier.. even then I said she can only do it if the performance is EXCELLENT but that I was against the idea cuz she's honestly too "out there".. and especially these days, people just dont "get her"..  I knew in advance that eurovision and the madonna post 2008 arent matching.. Imagine if she did live earth 2007 at eurovision with Gogol Bordello.. now THAT wouldve worked..

Anyway, I had a bad feeling about the whole thing before it started. Team Madonna or anyone related to her have never shown any interest in eurovision so I knew they simply arent familiar with the whole thing.. Then during eurovision week, I remember one of the main correspondents being a little annoyed with the M question (because the official announcement was really late..) so.. bad sign.. then the rehearsal footage leaked and that's when the bad press already started.. I knew they had their knives out..

on the news our eurovision guy was making such an issue about M rehearsing & him not being led in yet.. which is normal for a "big star", but his whole attitude about it was just negative, not exciting.. overall just not a good atmosphere.. 

(unpopular opinion, but I actually truly loved the visuals of LAP and Dark Ballet.. dark/eccentric M just how I like her.. and vocals aside, quavo did ruin a LOT as well)

9 hours ago, Nikki said:

YES.

Remember she was rumored to perform a year earlier.. even then I said she can only do it if the performance is EXCELLENT but that I was against the idea cuz she's honestly too "out there".. and especially these days, people just dont "get her"..  I knew in advance that eurovision and the madonna post 2008 arent matching.. Imagine if she did live earth 2007 at eurovision with Gogol Bordello.. now THAT wouldve worked..

Anyway, I had a bad feeling about the whole thing before it started. Team Madonna or anyone related to her have never shown any interest in eurovision so I knew they simply arent familiar with the whole thing.. Then during eurovision week, I remember one of the main correspondents being a little annoyed with the M question (because the official announcement was really late..) so.. bad sign.. then the rehearsal footage leaked and that's when the bad press already started.. I knew they had their knives out..

on the news our eurovision guy was making such an issue about M rehearsing & him not being led in yet.. which is normal for a "big star", but his whole attitude about it was just negative, not exciting.. overall just not a good atmosphere.. 

(unpopular opinion, but I actually truly loved the visuals of LAP and Dark Ballet.. dark/eccentric M just how I like her.. and vocals aside, quavo did ruin a LOT as well)

Peter or André? (Not Peter Andre)

4 minutes ago, acko said:

Peter or André? (Not Peter Andre)

:chuckle: andré 

btw, peter didnt seem that excited for M either, which surprised me.. always thought he liked her.

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

:chuckle: andré 

btw, peter didnt seem that excited for M either, which surprised me.. always thought he liked her.

Sucha CUNT he changed his Sticky & Sweet review from glowing to SHADY/Negative within a few hours. I really hate him. He once had me call him four
times for a quote on Eurovison...'MMM, no I still Don't Have Time call me in an hour'. I gave up in the end, but we've stopped using him as the expert
ever since. He is a renowned CUNT in the industry. BTW, 3 weeks ago I got them to pull a negative article on M. I finally got to say 'THAT'S NOT TRUE
I WAS THERE'...So it was scrapped entirely. I felt powerful. :fag: I got ur back Madame X.

GUY O$EARY CALL ME

On 5/19/2020 at 6:14 PM, dollhouse said:

Now that shouldve been the main perf. It woudve been enough.

I know right

Just lip synch the chorus to Future. And that's your performance. For the night. 

2 hours ago, acko said:

Sucha CUNT he changed his Sticky & Sweet review from glowing to SHADY/Negative within a few hours. I really hate him. He once had me call him four
times for a quote on Eurovison...'MMM, no I still Don't Have Time call me in an hour'. I gave up in the end, but we've stopped using him as the expert
ever since. He is a renowned CUNT in the industry. BTW, 3 weeks ago I got them to pull a negative article on M. I finally got to say 'THAT'S NOT TRUE
I WAS THERE'...So it was scrapped entirely. I felt powerful. :fag: I got ur back Madame X.

GUY O$EARY CALL ME

thankfully you're there to set the record straight. but if it werent for you.. i'd be scared to see how much worse it would be. 

that shit shouldnt happen.. why cant they fact check? why still report an unchecked/fake story? everything is so quick and unprofessional these days..

and about the review.. either this guy has no dignity (for not sticking to his original opinion) OR there's people higher up who simply dont like her and somehow told everyone this is what the narrative is gonna be (idk how it all works).. i remember watching the SS report on tv and you could literally HEAR HER SING LIVE yet the commentary said otherwise. and that's when i grew up and realised how easy it is to fool a sea of people.