Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

Just now, ursula said:

Au contraire! It looked to me like he rehearsed a lot, with his coach Mary Juana. And so did the Dean.

Quavo didn't rehearse ,he tried 2 times to ''enter'' but he was early  both times.. 

Speaking of ghost town, I thought one of her all time worst performances was where she was just sitting on a stool, had screens playing behind her and she still sounded awful.  Maybe Ellen?

At least eurovision had the excuse of having stairs and choreography!

8 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I LOVE the message.. but you honestly dont think that Quavo ruined it by being disrespectful and unrehearsed? or that she couldn't have chosen a different song or chosen something different instead of the dangerous stairs that were holding her back?

im very excited about the Mirwais songs and I KNOW I'll love them and everyone here knows I loveeee this woman ❤️

Madonna ruined it ,Quavo is a nobody to the Eurovision audiene ,they wouldn't care less . But it's time to move on .

2 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

Madonna ruined it ,Quavo is a nobody to the Eurovision audiene ,they wouldn't care less . But it's time to move on .

wtf? first you come at me for not praising madonna's performance, now suddenly you say madonna ruined it and Quavo has no fault in it as if he wasn't unprofessional?

Just now, ursula said:

I am confident he saw his 'coach' a lot. From that interview. 

just check the performance and you will see what i'm saying ..and let's be honest ,he wouldn't care less about this

Just now, Nikki said:

wtf? first you come at me for not praising madonna's performance, now suddenly you say madonna ruined it and Quavo has no fault in it as if he wasn't unprofessional?

no, i was talking about the ''awful'' future song ,not the performance ..and i'm not coming to anybody..

21 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I wonder what was up with her at Eurovision.. I thought it was a bad idea from the start. just a feeling I had..

during rehearsals she sounded bad.. I hadn't heard her like that before.

It's interesting you had a bad feeling. I didn't have it for Eurovision because I had a worried feeling about Billboard because of what happened at both Prince tribute and the Aretha moment.  

Madonna surprised me with an amazing Billboard performance. Reminded me of how I use to feel watching her on TV in some of the previous eras. Thought she was on a positive roll and it would carry onto Eurovision performance.

Think everything will be mostly positive for the remainder of this special era. We shouldn't focus too much on any negativity.

1 minute ago, ursula said:

Nothing is more painful than having to explain a joke. 😞

Perhaps you are more accustomed to coach Mary Juana's north american cousin Mary Jane?

sorry i don't understand what you're meaning with the second phrase

29 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Speaking of ghost town, I thought one of her all time worst performances was where she was just sitting on a stool, had screens playing behind her and she still sounded awful.  Maybe Ellen?

At least eurovision had the excuse of having stairs and choreography!

You're trippin'!

Her  Ghosttown performances have been really solid. She was a bit shaky at the start of the iHeart Radio Awards, but it was perfectly fine.

7 hours ago, ITG said:

You're trippin'!

Her  Ghosttown performances have been really solid. She was a bit shaky at the start of the iHeart Radio Awards, but it was perfectly fine.

Her Ghosttown performances were fantastic.  Loved everyone of them.  She sang beautifully and with feeling and passion - as she virtually always does 

Re Eurovision,  well,  just can't pretend that she did not sing off key.   We all love, respect and adore Madonna too much to feel we have to rave about performances that were not up to her standard - and her standard is very high.   Hate it when fans of other lesser singers/performers excuse substandard performances and have far too much respect for Madonna as a performer to do that as well.   She is a fantastic singer - has proven it time and time again.  But she was off key from the very start of Like a Prayer for whatever reason and sadly,  could not bring it back.  Would of been great if she had the luxury of stopping that performance and starting again,  but that was probably out of the question. 

O'h well,  she has many more performances to come to look forward too.  She always prevails and overcomes obstacles and will do so again. 

Ghosttown performances? Err...boring and no wonder the song flopped. Eurovision? It was just an off night and future for sure did not translate well to a live performance and shes performed LAP so many times that its only natural to compare it to a previous performance and that's why imo eurovision was meh. Express Yourself and I Rise would've been better choices. Quavo should be banned from television and music. Its very clear he just did it just to do it. Hope she does another performance before the tour that is shown on tv to show eurovision was just an off night and what shes truly capable of.

15 hours ago, Showdown said:

Ghosttown performances? Err...boring and no wonder the song flopped. Eurovision? It was just an off night and future for sure did not translate well to a live performance and shes performed LAP so many times that its only natural to compare it to a previous performance and that's why imo eurovision was meh. Express Yourself and I Rise would've been better choices. Quavo should be banned from television and music. Its very clear he just did it just to do it. Hope she does another performance before the tour that is shown on tv to show eurovision was just an off night and what shes truly capable of.

I agree.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:36 PM, ursula said:

Au contraire! It looked to me like he rehearsed a lot, with his coach, miss Mary Juana. And so did the Dean.

🤣

On 6/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

The answer is here: 

Thanks 

There is no such thing as THE answer. We are all allowed and should be allowed to have different takes on things :thumbsup: 

I never said this was a good vocal performance but I also gave you my reasons and concrete examples as to why in the greater scheme of things this will be a blimp. Madonna is allowed to have one bad vocal performance like everyone else does and should be.

Obviously I would have loved for her to kill it with a 180m television audience but certain media quarters and in nowadays fast food three min shelf life social media world people just love to have even the slightest excuse to come for others, plus all the politically correctness brigade, especially when it comes to someone like Madonna

One bad vocal performance and it supposedly erases the fact that she's not lazying around even though she could well live off her back catalogue making even more money. No she gives you a different sound every time, does great photoshoots, great videos, tries to shake things up in the live department so on and so forth

Her YouTube comments for her Madame X songs are predominantly ranging from good to great, and that's not from forum level type of fans like us but from a broader spectrum of the general public

Bono will occasionally sing off key too and sound coarse and strained but you don't read streams of ink on that for some reason

Time to move on. And for anybody not liking the inclusion of Future :rotfl:this is her vision, her new song.

And it's a good song for the genre. Madonna does things her way, from day one. She wouldn't have lasted so long if she hadn't done so. That's one of her trademarks

4 minutes ago, XXL said:

There is no such thing as THE answer. We are all allowed and should be allowed to have different takes on things :thumbsup: 

I never said this was a good vocal performance but I also gave you my reasons and concrete examples as to why in the greater scheme of things this will be a blimp. Madonna is allowed to have one bad vocal performance like everyone else does and should be.

Obviously I would have loved for her to kill it with a 180m television audience but certain media quarters and in nowadays fast food three min shelf life social media world people just love to have even the slightest excuse to come for others, plus all the politically correctness brigade, especially when it comes to someone like Madonna

One bad vocal performance and it supposedly erases the fact that she's not lazying around even though she could well live off her back catalogue making even more money. No she gives you a different sound every time, does great photoshoots, tries to shake things up in the live department so on and so forth

Her YouTube comments for her Madame X songs are predominantly ranging from good to great, and that's not from forum level type of fans like us but from a broader spectrum of the general public

Bono will occasionally sing off key too and sound coarse and strained but you don't read streams of ink on that for some reason

Time to move on. And for anybody not liking the inclusion of Future :rotfl:this is her vision, her new song.

And it's a good song for the genre. Madonna does things her way, from day one. She wouldn't have lasted so long if she hadn't done so. That's one of her trademarks

Wow, the sad "She SHOULD BE ALLOWED FOR ONE BAD..." type of defense again. 

I sincerely hope she gives another 10 bad televised vocal performances so that her fans can repeat that line for another 1 million times.   

8 hours ago, XXL said:

One bad vocal performance and it supposedly erases the fact that she's not lazying around even though she could well live off her back catalogue making even more money. No she gives you a different sound every time, does great photoshoots, great videos, tries to shake things up in the live department so on and so forth

This ....amen

Can i moan once more please? If God Control or IDSIF are as good as people are talking about, I wonder why she didn't choose one of these for the ESC! 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:confused:

https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/dutch-city-council-rejects-ban-on-madonna-from-2020-eurovision-over-palestinian-flag-stunt

Madonna can sing at Eurovision 2020 despite her Palestinian flag stunt, Rotterdam says

By Cnaan Liphshiz July 9, 2019 11:12 am

GettyImages-1150151553.jpg

AMSTERDAM (JTA) — If Rotterdam ends up hosting the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest, Madonna can perform.

The Dutch city’s council voted down a motion to ban the pop star from the contest over her use of a Palestinian flag on stage in Israel at the competition in May. The motion was proposed by a member of the staunchly pro-Israel and anti-Muslim Party for Freedom.

Last week’s draft motion described the Palestinian flag as “a symbol for the rejection of Israel” and cited growing anti-Semitism in Rotterdam. It did not mention the fact that the singer’s performance in Tel Aviv also featured an Israeli flag.

Hidde van Koningsveld, the head of the pro-Israel CiJo group, noted the omission on Twitter  and called the draft motion “nonsensical.”

Of the City Council’s 45 members, 37 voted against the proposal by Maurice Meeuwissen, chairman of the Party for Freedom.

During Madonna’s performance in Tel Aviv, despite Eurovision’s policy banning political statements, dancers at one point wore Israeli and Palestinian flags. It was construed by many as a plea for peace.

The Netherlands won the 2019 contest and thus will host the 2020 edition, though organizers have not yet determined in which municipality.