Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

4 minutes ago, ooohlala said:

OMG just found out one of my friends was one of the monks at Eurovision!! Insane! He was one of the ones closest to M on stage. Said they rehearsed with her for 2 weeks 😀

Lucky guy!!  Did he tell you the aftermath? 

8 minutes ago, Voguerock said:

Lucky guy!!  Did he tell you the aftermath? 

No mention of that - just how thankful he was to be asked etc. 

2 weeks in Her presence - imagine!! 

Edited by ooohlala
To capitalise the H of Her 😂

10 minutes ago, ooohlala said:

No mention of that - just how thankful he was to be asked etc. 

2 weeks in Her presence - imagine!! 

Interrogate the shit out of him. We want to know EVERYTHING

This is gonna be us if we keep destroying and polluting our planet. Wake up! 

114E44BE-BFE3-4473-9C66-1979062A3557.jpeg

8 hours ago, acko said:

I was really eager to watch Madonna's performance at the Eurovision Contest, the reason is twofold, first of all she's Madonna, secondly because of the controversy and debate with regards to the opportunity of choosing to perform in Israel. Several high profile music figures had urged her not to perform there. Namely Pink Floyd's Roger Waters and producer Brian Eno

While most chose to focus on the pitchiness of her vocals during the first of two songs she performed, 1989's Like A Prayer (never mind that one: Madonna sang live and two: she was doing so while coming down a staircase in such an elaborate scenography), the beauty of her message, the centrepiece of her participation at this event, has been completely lost on those who are criticizing her so harshly, either for her pitchiness or her choice to not boycott the event in the first place, some people even going as far as calling her a prostitute

The image that stuck out the most is the all consuming, all destroying fire and the second song refrain of "not everyone is coming to the future", if we don't "wake up" there will be nothing left to wake up to. Similarly a statue of liberty deprived of its torch has been shown in the accompanying backdrop video, that very light and torch which are a symbol of freedom

This is what everyone should be focusing on and be strongly alerted by. As usual Madonna who is Madonna not for nothing captured the essence and urgency of the issue like nobody else would or could

@XXL :kiss2:

I love it

this video taken from the audience sounds different from the broadcast version. Much better! 

10 hours ago, acko said:

I was really eager to watch Madonna's performance at the Eurovision Contest, the reason is twofold, first of all she's Madonna, secondly because of the controversy and debate with regards to the opportunity of choosing to perform in Israel. Several high profile music figures had urged her not to perform there. Namely Pink Floyd's Roger Waters and producer Brian Eno

While most chose to focus on the pitchiness of her vocals during the first of two songs she performed, 1989's Like A Prayer (never mind that one: Madonna sang live and two: she was doing so while coming down a staircase in such an elaborate scenography), the beauty of her message, the centrepiece of her participation at this event, has been completely lost on those who are criticizing her so harshly, either for her pitchiness or her choice to not boycott the event in the first place, some people even going as far as calling her a prostitute

The image that stuck out the most is the all consuming, all destroying fire and the second song refrain of "not everyone is coming to the future", if we don't "wake up" there will be nothing left to wake up to. Similarly a statue of liberty deprived of its torch has been shown in the accompanying backdrop video, that very light and torch which are a symbol of freedom

This is what everyone should be focusing on and be strongly alerted by. As usual Madonna who is Madonna not for nothing captured the essence and urgency of the issue like nobody else would or could

@XXL :kiss2:

You are welcome  :kiss2:

First day back at work today and asked the girls in my team if they watched her Eurovision performance, they said they hadn’t so they all watched it on the computers...my team is fairly left wing &...

they loved it! They were not aware of the new album so we’re confused about the eye patch and new song so I told them about it and I saw them all get on their phones to Read more about the album...

then I made them all watch Medellin video (which they also hadn’t heard of/seen) - they loved it, especially maluma!

so how does M get her music into public consciousness without radio play or some sort of advertising deal on television? 

1 hour ago, david86 said:

this video taken from the audience sounds different from the broadcast version. Much better! 

now I hear it a lot more clearly..

3 hours ago, david86 said:

Much more similar to the vevo version. This sounds good in the LAP. WTF was with the broadcast ?

Like a prayer sounded dyer on MDNA tour she’s not been able to sing it properly since RIT. It’s a shame Eurovision has left this stain on her now it should have been something amazing. The flack I had from work colleagues this week over it I could only reply we all have bad days in work 😬  

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, dumitru said:

Much more similar to the vevo version. This sounds good in the LAP. WTF was with the broadcast ?

I'm convinced that it was a technical issue. I think she sang fine, but the vocoder live effect made her voice go flat and warbly. There was too much of it on Future as well. Unforuntately, the public (especially haters) will drag her for having a bad vocal.  🙄

Here's another great view from the audience, the mix of vocals is so much better. She probably thought her vocals would be mixed better with the choir on the broadcast. This one has great views of the screens, some of the sounds goes lower at points.

1 hour ago, dumitru said:

This sounds GOOD!!

i think whoever did the mix for the broadcast did it badly. With the crowd noise it sounds exciting!

Also there is not that awkard silence just before Future.

Madonna sang LAP beautifully during both shows for the final two RHT shows, I had the absolute privilege to have a dream come true during those two concerts. I think we just have to chalk it up to sound issues, inner ear issues, nerves, poor musical arrangement and face the fact it was simply a 'perfect storm' combining and resulting in what was an unfortunate scenario. Madonna ALWAYS sounds BEST when backed by a great band or orchestra, it eludes me when she chooses alternate options of musical support. Madonna will never be a soprano BUT the girl can sing, I believe her theatre shows will be a great setting and hope she strips back the vocoder and affects on her voice, I love her 'Madonna' tones and 'Madonna' emotions that only 'Madonna' can project, her imperfections give her voice character and tell a story.

Wait, those audience recordings sound much better than what I heard on TV.

Obviously it sounded so much better in the arena than the TV. On tv we could hardly hear the choir, it wasn’t properly mixed at all. 

6 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

First day back at work today and asked the girls in my team if they watched her Eurovision performance, they said they hadn’t so they all watched it on the computers...my team is fairly left wing &...

they loved it! They were not aware of the new album so we’re confused about the eye patch and new song so I told them about it and I saw them all get on their phones to Read more about the album...

then I made them all watch Medellin video (which they also hadn’t heard of/seen) - they loved it, especially maluma!

so how does M get her music into public consciousness without radio play or some sort of advertising deal on television? 

I felt this way about the Rebel Heart era too. If the general public actually heard these songs, they would like them. Without MTV or radio, it's been really difficult for her to get her music out there. If Guy Oseary wasn't such a shitty manager, he could get licensing deals to get her music played in movies and TV shows. A lot of her music is cinematic and would work so well. 

On 5/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, VogueMusic said:

I've mentioned it many times before, but besides getting an all new MD (even whole new band)...just for personal taste, I would love to see her bring the live backing singers back into the performances with her. Not just because I always loved that aspect of her performance style...but I think live backing singers (besides just pre-sequenced vocals) would help solve a lot of these issues. I would love to see 4 singers...4 women, or perhaps even 2 guys and 2 girls...bring them more forward in the mix, and have them round out her vocal presentation during live performance. I think it could help in moments like these where she is struggling to find her vocal footing during a live show...not to mention, just make her music sound richer to the ear.

That with a whole new band, including LIVE bass, percussion, perhaps 2 guitar players, bringing the live drums more forward into the mix, one or two keys, and even a horn or specialty instrument section would just be the icing on the cake. And she doesn't have to sacrifice visuals or theatrics for it.

Along with consistent vocal training, I think it would ultimately help solve a lot, if not all, of these issues. And the great thing is, it's all completely doable.

I agree completely 

7 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Wait, those audience recordings sound much better than what I heard on TV.

7 hours ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Obviously it sounded so much better in the arena than the TV.

That's because the reverb in the arena masks the imperfections. I learned that from one of the vocal coach videos. :lol:

I finally watched it. I didn't think it was so bad.  Like a prayer was bad, she was off key nearly the entire song.  But I liked the spoken word section in the middle a lot, are we thinking this is the new version of Dark Ballet?  I liked the visuals in this sections it was weird but kind of cool.  I liked the visuals of the entire performance, similar to the Met gala, but I liked this but found the former almost off putting for some reason.

Helps that I am really liking the song Future.  So overall I think it was positive for me.