Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

Just now, drunkbysix said:

Do y’all remember when Madonna kissed drake and got backlash?

...who’s talking about that now? Exactly 

the problem is that she sang this live for 200m ppl.. no one would care if it was a stupid mtv show or festival.. but, I like reading your posts about it. it's less depressing.. 

6 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Image result for whoopi goldberg you in danger girl gif

I just don’t understand it. I used to get upset about things like this...but Madonna is SIXTY years old, still giving us controversial thought provoking performances and concepts of art for her music. She could have easily turned into  tribute to herself and released pop bubble gum music with Ariana grande and sing about sunshine and rainbows to please the masses. Hell, she could even lip sync for the rest of her career.

but that’s never been what Madonna is about. She hasn’t  been a universally liked superstar  since like a virgin, because she decided to stand up for what she believed in after that and turn into a STRONGER SHIT TALKING PHENOMENAL ARTIST. Look at all of these boring fucking artists like Celine dion and Barbara Streisand and Janet Jackson who suck the GP ass and never do anything shocking or thought provoking and use playback all day everyday. Seriously have we ever heard Janet Jackson sing live? EVER?

im so past the disappointment. Madonna is a universal, global achievement. A superstar. A statement in itself. A STANDARD. Nobody else would have the guts to go to a fun campy watered down music show and perform and speak with a message but her. She will never be boring, she will never be predictable, she will never be “oh I’m gonna smile and do la isla Bonita with a smile on my face to make people who don’t give a shit about me happy”

shes madonna! That’s why I love her. And that’s why I always will. And that’s why this shit dosent bother me 🙂

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

the problem is that she sang this live for 200m ppl.. no one would care if it was a stupid mtv show or festival.. but, I like reading your posts about it. it's less depressing.. 

I understand that Europe is a whole other force, and Eurovision is a big deal, but honestly think about it. Even if she did what everybody wanted, people would still call it rubbish because she’s madonna. There’s still people calling her Super Bowl performance trash. People HATE Madonna. She could find a cure for cancer and it wouldn’t change a thing. But I understand the disappointment. 

13 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

Do y’all remember when Madonna kissed drake and got backlash?

...who’s talking about that now? Exactly 

I totally feel you!

I often bitch about the "no attention span" era we live in but there's definitely a plus side to it as well!

38 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

Honestly, and I’ll get flack for this..Madge has never been a consistent live vocalist. EVER. She has sounded bad on many occasions and I have not once cared. Because it’s not for everybody. The fact that she attempts it is courageous in itself because I feel like she even knows it can go either way. But we all know she can singZ 

People have ALWAYS said she can’t sing. She’s always had performances on a high popularity level that were big where she’s fucked up vocally. This is nothing new. She’s fucking Madonna for Christ sake.

I am just going to quote another post of mine to answer this rubbish you are saying to me. 

Sorry but you just have no idea how embarrassingly stupid your post looks like. 

13 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I really need to clarify this. 

I am not an unrealistic numbskull who expects Madonna to sing live anywhere near as good as Barbra Streisand or Aretha Franklin. 

If anything, THAT is the framework that you patronizingly tried to impose on me, as if I'm a clueless fan who is unfamiliar with the reality of her actual vocal ability. 

People have always known that her live vocals, for the most part since the '80s up to the present, are technically far from perfect. This is a clearly established fact. Those legendary performances she gave that WE LOVE, most of them were not about flawless vocals, the EMAs "Hung Up", the VMAs LAV, BAT, the list is endless. 

I even love ROL at '98 VMAs and "Human Nature" from S&ST (which many of you love to hate, sorry but fuck off) because while the vocals were bad, the performances REALLY WORKED as a whole, many elements were on point - she had great energy, there were interesting visuals, GOOD MUSIC, so I have nothing to complain. 

What I found really grating with the recent Eurovision fiasco is that a large number of her fans appear to act like "Oh it wasn't that bad, just A FEW bum notes, she must be allowed for one bad day!" when in fact it was OBJECTIVELY THAT BAD and to make things even worse, there were not many salvaging elements for her there. You had an almost NON-EXISTENT, TINNY "music" accompanying her singing LAP which exposed the poor vocals even more to 200 million viewers watching a campy singing contest LIVE. The atmosphere at THAT MOMENT was totally dire, this cannot be understood if you watch it on YouTube 10 hours after it happened. You don't seem to understand the comprehensive context of the tragedy. 

You can love any performance you want but the fact that you downplay how bad it was as perceived by THE VAST MAJORITY, is nothing short of pitiful. 

9 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I totally feel you!

I often bitch about the "no attention span" era we live in but there's definitely a plus side to it as well!

yeah, I do think with the right album and good live shows, it'll be alright.. but still.. im also worried about madonna. I hope she isn't losing her confidence to perform live for tv.

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I am just going to quote another post of mine to answer this rubbish you are saying to me. 

Sorry but you just have no idea how embarrassingly stupid your post looks like. 

Honey, idgaf that you think my posts are embarrassingly stupid...I said my peace and I’m done. I don’t see the big deal about a misdirected Eurovision performance because there’s bigger things to worry about.  the insults are not a good look 

Furthermore this is not a tragedy! It’s SIMPLY a bad performance. My point is it’s not the end of the world. 

Although I don’t think beside the vocals that it was that bad in the slightest. 

Just now, drunkbysix said:

Furthermore this is not a tragedy! It’s SIMPLY a bad performance. My point is it’s not the end of the world. 

I agree with you

9 minutes ago, Nikki said:

yeah, I do think with the right album and good live shows, it'll be alright.. but still.. im also worried about madonna. I hope she isn't losing her confidence to perform live for tv.

It might. I can’t imagine how Madge must feel with having a clear vision of how she wanted things to go, and it not going the way it was supposed to go in her eyes. But she always bounces back bigger and better. It’s a lesson learned and a chance to improve even at this stage in her career

3 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

I wonder if that’s why people left this forum? Because people really do love to hurl insults at people for no fucking reason..

Nope. 

No one cares about the vocals at the EMAs because Hung Up delivered a killer, joyful performance and the song was great. She wowed them with brilliant choreography and looked amazing. Eurovision was not any of this. Awful choreography/clunky, awkward outfit/a twat on stage with her/singing off key/lacklustre, joyless Casio version of a classic/new song which is great but got a lukewarm reception. Had she come out and done the MDNA version with joy and smiling, she would have been forgiven for dodgy notes. The political message would have still been there at the end but all we got was dark throughout with no light, no joy, this is why people are so disappointed. She had a real chance to wow the non-diehards and instead she put them off. Then she uploaded a doctored version of the performance on YouTube, this is the worse thing she could have done. Roll on the rest of the promo and the new album, looks like it's gonna be great judging by the listening party...

7 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

Honey, idgaf that you think my posts are embarrassingly stupid...I said my peace and I’m done. I don’t see the big deal about a misdirected Eurovision performance because there’s bigger things to worry about.  the insults are not a good look 

Clearly you have nothing substantial to say about the topic anymore. I am just going to quote Kim from another thread so that you understand how utterly derisive the tone of your comments is to us: 

They don't understand that this was a MOMENT in Madonna European history, Her first prime time Saturday night slot in decades in some cases, in many countries in front of hundreds of millions of viewers wondering what Madonna's been up to these last few years.

It hasn't gone down as a moment because of the obscured "political message" which btw, had zero impact until the very social media these people are decrying highlighted it (the real political moment of the night was of course  the Icelanders who boldly pulled out Palestinian scarfs and held them aloft during the voting)

As @CzarnaWisnia has rightly pointed out, anyone looking to a pop star for political guidance (and who's above voting age) probably has serious issues. Most of us love Madonna for her artistry (which, yes, occasionally touches upon very basic political ideals) 

What it has gone down as is a messy performance. Now that's rare from Madonna at the best of times but frankly inexcusable at a mammoth event on the eve of your new album roll out. You get one shot at this kind of thing. Yeah we can watch back 20 times and say "well that bit was good, that line sounded okay".but it doesn't work like that.

A lot of us here were quite rightly sad and upset that out friends, family, personal social media streams (ie not trolls) and respectable news outlets noted how bad she sang, how stiff she was and what an awful choice of song and collaborator she chose to get her message across. The "message" didn't even come into it really.  Now when that's the reaction from the 'normal' populace then you can bet your life the social media and media response is gonna be what it was,

So for those who don't understand it, well of course you don't. Try showing a little understanding and empathy towards fans in other territories instead of the usual derision and apoplectic, apologetic, victim playing nonsense.

Yes it has passed, yes social media storms come and go, but the real-world remaining effect is that it went from "Is she on yet? Where's Madonna? What's she gonna sing?" to "She's not very good is she?". 

7 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

Although I don’t think beside the vocals that it was that bad in the slightest. 

I can go to Gaza, which is practically the largest open-air prison in the world, and tell people there with a smiling face "Life is not a tragedy" too. "I don't see the big deal!

This whole Eurovision episode, it's already out of my system now. It was just a bad dream trolling an otherwise perfect era but somehow made me appreciate her as an artist even more, next. 

3 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Clearly you have nothing substantial to say about the topic anymore. I am just going to quote Kim from another thread so that you understand how utterly derisive the tone of your comments is to us: 

They don't understand that this was a MOMENT in Madonna European history, Her first prime time Saturday night slot in decades in some cases, in many countries in front of hundreds of millions of viewers wondering what Madonna's been up to these last few years.

It hasn't gone down as a moment because of the obscured "political message" which btw, had zero impact until the very social media these people are decrying highlighted it (the real political moment of the night was of course  the Icelanders who boldly pulled out Palestinian scarfs and held them aloft during the voting)

As @CzarnaWisnia has rightly pointed out, anyone looking to a pop star for political guidance (and who's above voting age) probably has serious issues. Most of us love Madonna for her artistry (which, yes, occasionally touches upon very basic political ideals) 

What it has gone down as is a messy performance. Now that's rare from Madonna at the best of times but frankly inexcusable at a mammoth event on the eve of your new album roll out. You get one shot at this kind of thing. Yeah we can watch back 20 times and say "well that bit was good, that line sounded okay".but it doesn't work like that.

A lot of us here were quite rightly sad and upset that out friends, family, personal social media streams (ie not trolls) and respectable news outlets noted how bad she sang, how stiff she was and what an awful choice of song and collaborator she chose to get her message across. The "message" didn't even come into it really.  Now when that's the reaction from the 'normal' populace then you can bet your life the social media and media response is gonna be what it was,

So for those who don't understand it, well of course you don't. Try showing a little understanding and empathy towards fans in other territories instead of the usual derision and apoplectic, apologetic, victim playing nonsense.

Yes it has passed, yes social media storms come and go, but the real-world remaining effect is that it went from "Is she on yet? Where's Madonna? What's she gonna sing?" to "She's not very good is she?". 

I can go to Gaza, which is practically the largest open-air prison in the world, and tell people there with a smiling face "Life is not a tragedy" too. "I don't see the big deal!

This whole Eurovision episode, it's already out of my system now. It was just a bad dream trolling an otherwise perfect era but somehow made me appreciate her as an artist even more, next. 

Why can’t you express how you feel without insulting me?

I wrote several posts here complaining about this awfull performance. I think is Time to move on. I moved on, so please everybody dont Feed the negativity. All the light is in the Madame X thread and the listening party ❤️❤️❤️

I GET IT. I do! There’s been performances controversies and things Madonna has done that has made me feel the same that were on a different level. So I understand. But I just feel like we as Madonna fans should expect that she’s gonna fuck up sometimes and upset us because she’s human. I just don’t want us to dwell on it. We’ve got so much to look forward to. I used to let her disappointments get to me really bad but I learned to look past it because underneath it all Madonna is my most favorite artist in the world, not my mom. I want better for her when things go dire but what can you do other than voice your disdain and hope for better moving forward? I just don’t see this as career altering or life changing. I see it as a mis step in her career she can bounce back just like everything else. That’s it.

2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I wrote several posts here complaining about this awfull performance. I think is Time to move on. I moved on, so please everybody dont Feed the negativity. All the light is in the Madame X thread and the listening party ❤️❤️❤️

Was just about to post the same thing. Come on guys. This last page is just the regurgitated mess from the previous ones. Madonna's mentioning crave and the media are praising the album. That's how long it lasted. 🤩🤩🤩

Guys,  can't we now move on  ?   People have since Eurovision night given their views and it is now just turning into arguments.   People have talked about their thoughts about the performance,  the despair over the intense criticism in Europe ( where Eurovision is a huge event )  and their genuine sadness that she has been trashed. Others have praised the performance and brought up points about the performance and their feelings.  The posters that were just criticising everything about her ( not her Eurovision performance or impact of Eurovision,  but Madonna herself and bringing up other unrelated issues )  have been banned or warned. 

Can we just move on.  Every single time I log on, this thread is just going on and on and surely we have now discussed it out.  There are no new points to discuss. 

We have all been Madonna fans long enough to know that backlashes happen and both Madonna and her fans move on.  Let's do that now.  People have got this out of their system and now onto the new songs, new videos and new album that is about to be released. 

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

Was just about to post the same thing. Come on guys. This last page is just the regurgitated mess from the previous ones. Madonna's mentioning crave and the media are praising the album. That's how long it lasted. 🤩🤩🤩

Nobody I know is talking about it which is why I can’t really relate to the feelings others are presenting so I apologize if I sound insensitive. so many people in my crowd are spouting so much positivity about her new songs and era so it sucks to come off of that air and come here and see so much didsapointment.

16 minutes ago, JWAD said:

No one cares about the vocals at the EMAs because Hung Up delivered a killer, joyful performance and the song was great. She wowed them with brilliant choreography and looked amazing. Eurovision was not any of this. Awful choreography/clunky, awkward outfit/a twat on stage with her/singing off key/lacklustre, joyless Casio version of a classic/new song which is great but got a lukewarm reception. Had she come out and done the MDNA version with joy and smiling, she would have been forgiven for dodgy notes. The political message would have still been there at the end but all we got was dark throughout with no light, no joy, this is why people are so disappointed. She had a real chance to wow the non-diehards and instead she put them off. Then she uploaded a doctored version of the performance on YouTube, this is the worse thing she could have done. Roll on the rest of the promo and the new album, looks like it's gonna be great judging by the listening party...

R9a3j3F.gif

6 minutes ago, Monkey said:

2 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Exactly. That bad chapter was already a thing of the past. Now is the time to restore the Madame X spirit! 

It's quite telling when this negative mess of a thread is lighting up hot and the madame x album discussion, with tasty exciting early thoughts from reviewers should be on fire, but isn't. 

What's wrong with everyone?

A journalist once asked Bette Davis on her 70th birthday Did you ever set your sights on being a beautiful movie star?

She replied No dear, I set my sight on being a memorable one.

We are all untied in our shared love for M and indeed the new Madame X.

The listening parties sound supreamly good and she is about to drop by the looks and sounds of it her most creative and adventourous effort in a very long time so they'll be something for everyone she's a master of taste and flavours.

But let's not lose the light in here between one another. This forum is a Godsend for us not a war zone it's good healthy debate and conversation. #peaceman 

22 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Sure but what is the gist of what he’s saying?

I was really eager to watch Madonna's performance at the Eurovision Contest, the reason is twofold, first of all she's Madonna, secondly because of the controversy and debate with regards to the opportunity of choosing to perform in Israel. Several high profile music figures had urged her not to perform there. Namely Pink Floyd's Roger Waters and producer Brian Eno

While most chose to focus on the pitchiness of her vocals during the first of two songs she performed, 1989's Like A Prayer (never mind that one: Madonna sang live and two: she was doing so while coming down a staircase in such an elaborate scenography), the beauty of her message, the centrepiece of her participation at this event, has been completely lost on those who are criticizing her so harshly, either for her pitchiness or her choice to not boycott the event in the first place, some people even going as far as calling her a prostitute

The image that stuck out the most is the all consuming, all destroying fire and the second song refrain of "not everyone is coming to the future", if we don't "wake up" there will be nothing left to wake up to. Similarly a statue of liberty deprived of its torch has been shown in the accompanying backdrop video, that very light and torch which are a symbol of freedom

This is what everyone should be focusing on and be strongly alerted by. As usual Madonna who is Madonna not for nothing captured the essence and urgency of the issue like nobody else would or could

@XXL :kiss2:

10 minutes ago, acko said:

I was really eager to watch Madonna's performance at the Eurovision Contest, the reason is twofold, first of all she's Madonna, secondly because of the controversy and debate with regards to the opportunity of choosing to perform in Israel. Several high profile music figures had urged her not to perform there. Namely Pink Floyd's Roger Waters and producer Brian Eno

While most chose to focus on the pitchiness of her vocals during the first of two songs she performed, 1989's Like A Prayer (never mind that one: Madonna sang live and two: she was doing so while coming down a staircase in such an elaborate scenography), the beauty of her message, the centrepiece of her participation at this event, has been completely lost on those who are criticizing her so harshly, either for her pitchiness or her choice to not boycott the event in the first place, some people even going as far as calling her a prostitute

The image that stuck out the most is the all consuming, all destroying fire and the second song refrain of "not everyone is coming to the future", if we don't "wake up" there will be nothing left to wake up to. Similarly a statue of liberty deprived of its torch has been shown in the accompanying backdrop video, that very light and torch which are a symbol of freedom

This is what everyone should be focusing on and be strongly alerted by. As usual Madonna who is Madonna not for nothing captured the essence and urgency of the issue like nobody else would or could

Thank you. This is perfect.

Btw.. Ive said this on Saturday.. but my first impression was actually that she sang nicely.. am I just tone-deaf? I just didn't like the out of breath and flat feel of the sound. but I think I prefer the original over the edited one.

33 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

It's quite telling when this negative mess of a thread is lighting up hot and the madame x album discussion, with tasty exciting early thoughts from reviewers should be on fire, but isn't. 

What's wrong with everyone?

Yeah I was wondering the same.. I kept posting everything I found but after an hour, no one seemed to reply anymore.. you'd think after this drama, they'd be excited about the first few good "teasing" reviews