Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

5 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I left Twitter and Facebook a few months ago and this is the best decision I made. When this type of incident happens, I no longer have to endure the hysterical comments on social media that give a disproportionate importance to an ordinary event. Yes, she gave a flat and dull performance, but apart from the hysteria of social media, it does not matter and everyone has already moved on to other things. After more than 35 years of career, this performance will not change the good or bad opinion that the public already has of her for a long time. At 60, she don’t reached new audience anymore. So the impact of a good or bad performance no longer has a real impact on sales.

Well Martin, we've already explained how this is a different situation for us over in Europe and how it's not just been a social media thing, BUT it's certainly run its course on the forum and we should all just move on 

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Guys, just listen to I Rise!! It opened my eyes this morning to just how strong this woman is. Seriously. Pay attention to the lyrics. SPOT ON!!

I've been listening to I Rise all week and all day. I enjoy it, in club remix form of course, but still

1 hour ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

.......it would be good if she made something like MTV Unplugged, .....

Lol I don't think that's a good idea. Our girl needs technology. But that's okay. Some of the greatest ppl in history needed technology.

1 minute ago, Sloane said:

I've been listening to I Rise all week and all day. I enjoy it, in club remix form of course, but still

Lol I don't think that's a good idea. Our girl needs technology. But that's okay. Some of the greatest ppl in history needed technology.

I’d love MTV unplugged if she’s working on this theatre show and she could demonstrate HER version of a theatre show. More scaled down but still, a Madonna production at heart 

12 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Nice to see she enjoyed it as I did!!! 

Precious and fun reaction! She is sweet as ever too. Loved her. Thanks for posting. 

5 hours ago, Starman said:

I love that she keeps working but She is just destroying her legacy at this point, had she been more reclusive and made every appearance an Event we wouldnt be discussing this.Think of rolling stones how they only appear on TV when they are on point.

There was nothing fierce about that performance, it looked like she struggled to keep walking and standing still, at least the BBA had a smile on her face even though that was a boring too.

Its ok if she cant perform like she used to, we will never know what are the circumstances. But  i feel there was no effort from her part in this performance. The fact that she choose such a bad song like future and had the nerve do bring quavo To eurovision when if shes doing an album inspired by portugal? Why not bring some of that talent there? Or is that a Lie? I dont think she cares about music anymore... Shes certainly not interested in singing or taking care of her voice. She looks uncomfortable on stage.

The best moment was the snippet of music in the before the show interview... She wants to protest against israel? Why accept the gig on the first place?

Why grills again? Why trap and RnB? What happened to Madame X personas? All I see is bitch im madonna 2.0...

its even more shame because she does look great in this era, the face is on point. A lot of people were rooting for her. The gay community is eager for a Madonna song yet she collaborates with an homophobic rapper? Why not at least Frank Ocean?

Its just frustrating to see such an Amazing woman make mistake after mistake and embarrasse herself for the last 5 years

Had she done even La vie en Rose on her ukulele would have been more interesting 

I’ve warned and suspended you for ridiculously idiotic posts like this before. One more monumental brainfart post like this from you and you’re gone for good. 

5 hours ago, side_streets said:

Why do people posting negative press?

Why don't they post this article instead?

Opinion Thanks Iceland, Madonna for Disrupting Eurovision's Big Deception

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/eurovision/.premium-israel-eurovision-thanks-iceland-madonna-for-disrupting-big-deception-1.7256774

I can’t access the article it’s behind a paywall. Can you post the text?

25 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

I can’t access the article it’s behind a paywall. Can you post the text?

Opinion 

Thanks Iceland, Madonna for Disrupting Eurovision's Big Deception

Odeh Bisharat

Some 360,000 people live in Iceland, whereas Germany’s population is over 80 million, 225-fold larger than Iceland’s. But in a test of morality, Iceland is a thousand-fold more decent than Germany, with its generations-long murderous history, particularly directed at Jews.

At this point in time, instead of playing a key role in bringing peace and justice to the Middle East, Germany is placing all its stocks in the Israeli occupation and the continued oppression of the Palestinian people. During the merry days of the Eurovision song contest, the Bundestag (the name still evokes chills among many, particularly in this country) saw fit to pass a resolutionthat defines the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement as racist and anti-Semitic, no doubt to the dismay of MK Bezalel Smotrich, that shining knight of human rights.

Indeed, there are some anti-Semites in the BDS movement, but there are many people, including Jews, who see a boycott as a legitimate means of combating the wrongs inflicted by Israel on the Palestinians. Many boycott supporters see such action as a warning bell, a means of informing Israelis that occupation leads to a dictatorship, a regime in which normative government procedures are alien, as evident in the immunity law now taking shape.

Now, the hypocrites at the European Broadcasting Union are saying that the Eurovision competition is a “non-political event.” This statement came in response to the performance of two dancers who appeared while Madonna was singing – on their backs were painted the flags of Israel and Palestine. The Icelanders who waved Palestinian flags face penalties – the Union is talking about fines or a suspension from Eurovision. Occupying Israel, in; human-rights supporter Iceland, out. The anti-Semitic and racist Europe is marching backwards.

Nevertheless, we might ask, what’s political about a Palestinian flag? A flag is the flag of a people. Why are the Europeans so quick to embrace the narrative of the Israeli right wing with regard to the flag? This flag has fluttered repeatedly during bilateral meetings between Israeli and Palestinian leaders.

What was the crime committed by the dancers appearing during Madonna’s song, other than telling the world to note the “present absentee” missing in this gigantic celebration, sensed by everyone despite all the attempts to make him invisible? The overlords here are trying to convince the whole world that Palestine doesn’t exist, but a piece of cloth, in four colors, triggers an earthquake. Yes, that’s the power of Palestine, it makes the oppressors lose sleep.

Therefore, thanks are due to the two defiant dancers who, in the course of dancing and entertaining 200 million viewers, reminded everyone that the wrongdoing is occurring right in the backyard of the stage presented in all its glory to the world. Yes, there are more than two million Palestinians locked in hermetically in Gaza, a short distance from Tel Aviv. A remind to viewers that due to the glittering event, a further three million people were confined to the West Bank. Really, what’s so wrong with this innocent transmission of information, displayed on the backs of excellent dancers?

Icelanders deserve a thank you that’s 225-fold larger than the population of that beautiful country. They too decided to disrupt the big deception presented to the world. The guys from Iceland told 200 million viewers that while Israel was preparing to host visitors with a shining smile, it prevented the parents of a five-year-old girl from Gaza, called Aisha al-Lulu, from accompanying her to a hospital in East Jerusalem, where she underwent some very complicated surgery. Instead, she was accompanied by a woman she didn’t know to an event that was of apocalyptic proportions for her. Aisha was hospitalized alone in the al-Makassed Hospital, undergoing a complicated operation to remove a brain tumor, without her parents beside her. From there, she was moved to the Augusta Victoria Hospital in East Jerusalem for a follow-up. She emerged from there all alone, with a sad smile on her face, on her lonely trip back to Gaza, and from there, on to her final journey.

Ugh now there are articles all over the media mocking the voice-corrected youtube video. And even youtube videos comparing the two clips. I hate this. She's the best fucking pop star ever. 

I'm going to watch live 8 and the climate change performance (whatever it was called).. It'll make me feel better. She was superb in those -- happy and cheerful. 

19 minutes ago, whyme? said:

I'm going to watch live 8 and the climate change performance (whatever it was called).. It'll make me feel better. She was superb in those -- happy and cheerful. 

I did exactly the same thing earlier!

She was on FIRE in both of those performances! 🤗

3 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

At that time nobody expected a great live voice from her but a good show and she delivered.

And the Eurovision is exactly that, a great spectacle with an intended message and she delivered. The intended message got lost in this too much focus on her voice by even some of her "fans". Please, we've all known MADONNA since the 80s, she's hit or miss in the vocal department especially in live shows, and even in some of her concerts... it's the MARIAH's the WHITNEYs, the ADELEs, the AGUILERAs and the bunch that gets vocal focus on performances... Why all of a sudden nitpicking on her voice? 

7 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

And the Eurovision is exactly that, a great spectacle with an intended message and she delivered. The intended message got lost in this too much focus on her voice by even some of her "fans". Please, we've all known MADONNA since the 80s, she's hit or miss in the vocal department especially in live shows, and even in some of her concerts... it's the MARIAH's the WHITNEYs, the ADELEs, the AGUILERAs and the bunch that gets vocal focus on performances... Why all of a sudden nitpicking on her voice? 

I think it was the voice plus a dreary version of LAP and a song no one knew. 

Had she smiled more and sung old songs that engaged the audience, it would have been better. She nailed the Superbowl. I dont think she understood what this Eurovision thing is about. 

2 minutes ago, whyme? said:

I think it was the voice plus a dreary version of LAP and a song no one knew. 

but we've already had that LAP arrangement at the MET Gala... that's why i'm surprised some fans here are criticizing the arrangement...

3 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

but we've already had that LAP arrangement at the MET Gala... that's why i'm surprised some fans here are criticizing the arrangement...

True but in a small venue like MET and for a one off special nobody would see apart from a select few and hardcore fans it worked.

In front of 200 million on a massive stage it didn't.

28 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

I loved it. She brought back the beginning of the MDNA tour and mashed it with LAP. It was great at the met gala. But it doesn't fit well with campy/fun Eurovision. 

Everyone I know, old/young/gay/straight was genuinely excited to have Madonna perform. It felt quite amazing and showed me that people are still really intrigued by her.  I wonder if you all got the same feeling from people you know? Unfortunately, they were let down and got nasty towards her.

my friends and i watched it on the telly. one of them liked it, other did not say anything, did not say a bad thing. but all of us were glued. i think Madonna performances in TV are very heavily examined hence the quiet audience. 

People act like this was her first vocal mishap. Remember Ray of Light MTV 1998 awards.  Madonna is still relevant enough to be talked about worldwide. Haters can't deny that.

Madonna and bad vocals never go together. Her Eurovision vocals are fine in YouTube. 

Madonna never sings out of tune nor does she ever sing badly. Even her talking is breathtaking. Her vocals eclipses Streisant, Celine, Whitney, Jackson etc.. or any disco dolly or pop tart that has ever walked the earth.

6 hours ago, whyme? said:

Ugh now there are articles all over the media mocking the voice-corrected youtube video. And even youtube videos comparing the two clips. I hate this. She's the best fucking pop star ever. 

it was very naive of madonna's people to do this.

by the way, fuck that woman who went on tv to make cheap money on the back off madonna. even her youtube reaction video is clearly not a true reaction. she had a pissed off look even before watching. and would it kill her to just add that she reacted to other madonna videos that proved she does sing beautifully live, if she's such a fan? knowing her reaction video will get many views (and taking advantage of it), she could throw M a bone

11 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

Just don't engage anymore, I won't after this post, and concentrate on what else this truely great era has to offer, like the crave video dropping soon, or the reviews that are being written as we speak, or the supposedly even more controversial video still to come etc.

Yesterday I too started to feel that I'm now officially over the Post-Eurovision Depression. I think it was necessary at least for me to vent the disappointment just to get over it. It's funny but the same thing happened to me with Medellín. First I absolutely hated the track and trashed it in my mind until I was able to let go of all my previous expectations and enjoy the track as it is - a different kind of first single from Madonna. Now I can't get enough of it (or Maluma in the video 😜). So I think it's important to deal with the initial disappointment just to be able to move on. Same goes for Eurovision. Now I'm feeling super excited again - about the album and the Crave video, and I Rise has become a real earworm. During my 30+ years as a Madonna fan I've experienced so many backlashes that I've learned to trust the fact that it's only Madonna who decides when her career is over - not the haters.

14 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

I’m not shocked just really disappointed that this is not even a safe place to be a Madonna fan anymore when viscous attacks on Madonna have become the norm. Yes, it’s getting close to bullying all the things that are being said after just one performance. I understand we have a right to express ourselves air our grievances but this has taken an ugly turn the likes of which  I don’t remember ever seeing on this forum. 

Which is exactly why people left.

I truly don’t give a fuck about eurovision, the performance was ok. People are justifying their blatant horror over this because they live in Europe when Madonna has been through far worse. Madonna breathes and people fucking hate it. You guys make me sick here. Move tf ON!

16 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The mortifying "A FEW bum notes" script again. 

It seems to me that her fans are genuinely ignorant about SOUNDS. It's like, deafness, is just so deeply ingrained in the Madonna Land. 

I know I have posted my "final comment", but seeing this blatant delusion among her fans, is what hurts me the most. 

You might as well cook a kitten for your dinner and call it "an okay dish". 

Have a nice day. 

Honestly, and I’ll get flack for this..Madge has never been a consistent live vocalist. EVER. She has sounded bad on many occasions and I have not once cared. Because it’s not for everybody. The fact that she attempts it is courageous in itself because I feel like she even knows it can go either way. But we all know she can singZ 

People have ALWAYS said she can’t sing. She’s always had performances on a high popularity level that were big where she’s fucked up vocally. This is nothing new. She’s fucking Madonna for Christ sake. She released..a SEX BOOK AND GOT NATIONAL BACKLASH. Why are people not used to this? Why are people caring this much? Do we know how long she’s been around..how can her career suffer from this when she’s been through worse? Seriously what the fuck is the big deal?