Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

25 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I posted the Jerusalem Post article because thought it was interesting that they posted about the altered vocals. I only heard that discussed on here and in YouTube comments. Meanwhile, the press in the US has not posted about Eurovision at all, as far as I've seen.

Um the vocal swap was the number 1 trending topic on BBC news website yesterday, which probably helps account for all the shitty traffic and messages on the video.

15 minutes ago, alquemist said:

Another great supportive German article, pointing out the fact that it was mostly male journalists who wrote those scathing reviews of M's Eurovision performance.

--> https://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/madonna-beim-esc-2019-der-neidische-maennerchor-kommentar-a-1268466.html

image-1429300-galleryV9-wdlg-1429300.jpg

Thanks for this and I love the photo! Beautiful! 💫✨🙏💫👸🏼👸🏼

guys we've been here before.  anyone remember MTV vma's 1998? less than a year after the amazing Oprah performance.

shes one of the best performers of all time----she has put herself out there so much that she is bound to have a tumble--but she carries on .... puts on her crown.

i think it was a mistake to do eurovison but in heinsight was a great opportunity - she messed up, i blame her. met gala like a prayer performance repeat (sounded worse)

and Future? there is no melodic madonna in that song although its not bad...crave would have been more suitable---who cares if your duet partner isnt around they are not going to be part of her theater tour anyway.

I blame her but I respect her because she works hard and is one of the best ever

Edited by badboydrunkby6

10 minutes ago, Monkey said:

She was lost in the performance. Her voice was terrible. The message was dark and messy. Totally inapropriate for the Eurovision. It's like she couldn't give a fuck about Eurovision, people who watch this program. Oh let's do this dark boring version of LAP and then future dressed like joan of arc, because it's coherent with the artistic message I want to share. I was mortified during the performance, 10 people around me laughing and saying how bad she was singing, how weird the spoken word was and finally how bad and autotuned the new song was. The guy who hosted the night then proposed to put an old Madonna song (true blue) and we all danced. I was more upset, cause this is exactly what she should have done: a beautiful and joyfull performance with oldies and a good new song. Soryy I love her, like really, but for the first time I cannot defend her.

It was silly to expect that. Madonna is far more nuanced. A light to dark or dark to light theme would have been more appropriate.

All dark and preachy CAN work if the performance is spectacular and the vocals stellar. That at least gives us fans something to defend. 

But I do understand that the reactions around you (that so many of us experienced) is horrible.

5 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Not everyone is coming to the future...not everyone in here is gonna last👌

Love the message..but lets be honest, everyday Joe hated that song and the gloomy presentation with wholly vocoded vocals

This was a better fit for esc

and follow that with Celebration+Holiday medley and boom: Madonna is back.

Oddly enough, I actually preferred “Future” in the context of the performance. It was my least favorite of her new tracks.

I didn’t  mind the autotune/vocoder during Eurovision  as it was part of the original song (it’s just too bad the GP doesn’t realize this).  

12 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Not everyone is coming to the future...not everyone in here is gonna last👌

...they ain't woke

1 hour ago, side_streets said:

Yeah, I know!

My favourite sentence about Madonna.

Awful, isn’t it? 

It’s the haters favourite phrase to justify the awful stuff they say about her. 

“I liked Ma donna, but she’s past it and needs to retire. She is just destroying her legacy now!” 🤮🤮🤮

1 hour ago, MichaelDieker said:

You are so patronizing. Maybe YOU are the delusional one if you thought ANY performance would win Madonna a bunch of praise and adoration. Either that or you are delusional that she was some vocal powerhouse before this event. I get it that the backlash is massive, and you are entitled to your opinion on the matter but so am I and my opinion is the backlash is mostly undeserved. It WAS just a FEW bum notes, it wasn't the entire song, she has ALWAYS struggled with her live vocals. You don't have to be such a bitch about it if some of us actually liked the performance. Jesus.

Yes, I am a patronizing bitch. 

4 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Awful, isn’t it? 

“I liked Ma donna, but she’s past it and needs to retire. She is just destroying her legacy now!” 🤮🤮🤮

I would never dismiss her legacy.

For example, I really like David Bowie.

He had his ups and downs, there were albums that I didn't like, but I never dismissed his legacy. 

15 minutes ago, Kim said:

It was silly to expect that. Madonna is far more nuanced. A light to dark or dark to light theme would have been more appropriate.

All dark and preachy CAN work if the performance is spectacular and the vocals stellar. That at least gives us fans something to defend. 

But I do understand that the reactions around you (that so many of us experienced) is horrible.

❤️

It's quite disappointing how some "fans" here reacted to the Eurovision performance. Some even criticised the LAP arrangement, which was the same at the MET Gala a year ago, as if they've never heard of it already. The pitchy vocals? 1998 VMAs? Higherrrrrr at VH1? They are "fans" since when? MADONNA may not be like Adele vocally live, but as "fans" I'm surprised their tolerance is quite low. 

The Dark Ballet was barely there to even complain about. They can't appreciate broadway-like theatrics, which could be a preview of the Madame X tour. Some "fans" say the crowd wasn't into it. Oh puhlease, the crowd was roaring, and most are busy holding phones video recording. I don't have any problem with her Eurovision performance. I'm glad she did a widely viewed show and delivered her message. 

34 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Yes, I am a patronizing bitch. 

Yes you are. Take your negative attitude and keep it to yourself please, no one cares about you lashing out at the rest of us who are giving constructive criticisms and optimistic feedback. 

35 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Awful, isn’t it? 

Yeah by making best music and most exciting rollout of her career

7 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

Yes you are. Take your negative attitude and keep it to yourself please, no one cares about you lashing out at the rest of us who are giving constructive criticisms and optimistic feedback. 

Awwww really? I am loved by many senior members here!! They care about me. 

10 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Awwww really? I am loved by many senior members here!! They care about me. 

Rupert Murdoch ?

1 hour ago, FreeMySoul said:

I’m not shocked just really disappointed that this is not even a safe place to be a Madonna fan anymore when viscous attacks on Madonna have become the norm. Yes, it’s getting close to bullying all the things that are being said after just one performance. I understand we have a right to express ourselves air our grievances but this has taken an ugly turn the likes of which  I don’t remember ever seeing on this forum. 

This

Let me begin to say that this is not going to affect her legacy negatively in the long run.  Why don’t we just enjoy what she is putting out as fans and stop worrying about other people. Let me ask the fans who is bitching about this, would you rather m to play it safe and stop doing any tv performance? You really rather she retires and never see her again in order to protect her legacy? If you rather preserve to the memory of m of youth and power than having opportunities to still see her on tv, you probably don’t like her that much.  You just like the idea of her being the best of everything.  It is like love. If you love someone, you treasure the time to be with her and want to see her. On the other hand, you might also think you love someone because you like the idea to be with someone with jealousy-evoking qualities-young, pretty or rich.  Besides, I really think I there is lot of fake news going on here.  It is blown out of proportion!! She is not the best singer and we all know. Have you guys seen the first time she sang hung up live, she didn’t sound perfect either? But every fan loves that performance.  My point is that a big part of our negative feelings towards the performance come from he negative comments by m haters. Fake news and we got played every time. 

I remember the press not really making a big deal about her vocals on the 1998 VMAs, which I found odd at the time. Imagine if we had social media at the time. She would have been flame-broiled.