Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

6 minutes ago, Love Technician said:

Oh God, we're not gonna start saying the tour is a flop now are we..?

No, we're saying that they had a strategy in place to sell tickets with good headlines, then the performance fucked it up.

I love that she keeps working but She is just destroying her legacy at this point, had she been more reclusive and made every appearance an Event we wouldnt be discussing this.Think of rolling stones how they only appear on TV when they are on point.

There was nothing fierce about that performance, it looked like she struggled to keep walking and standing still, at least the BBA had a smile on her face even though that was a boring too.

Its ok if she cant perform like she used to, we will never know what are the circumstances. But  i feel there was no effort from her part in this performance. The fact that she choose such a bad song like future and had the nerve do bring quavo To eurovision when if shes doing an album inspired by portugal? Why not bring some of that talent there? Or is that a Lie? I dont think she cares about music anymore... Shes certainly not interested in singing or taking care of her voice. She looks uncomfortable on stage.

The best moment was the snippet of music in the before the show interview... She wants to protest against israel? Why accept the gig on the first place?

Why grills again? Why trap and RnB? What happened to Madame X personas? All I see is bitch im madonna 2.0...

its even more shame because she does look great in this era, the face is on point. A lot of people were rooting for her. The gay community is eager for a Madonna song yet she collaborates with an homophobic rapper? Why not at least Frank Ocean?

Its just frustrating to see such an Amazing woman make mistake after mistake and embarrasse herself for the last 5 years

Had she done even La vie en Rose on her ukulele would have been more interesting 

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

No, we're saying that they had a strategy in place to sell tickets with good headlines, then the performance fucked it up.

In the very short term? Maybe. People have the attention span of a gnat in the UK these days. This is pretty much forgotten already.

There is no way these London dates will not sell out. Eventually.

1 minute ago, Love Technician said:

In the very short term? Maybe. People have the attention span of a gnat in the UK these days. This is pretty much forgotten already.

There is no way these London dates will not sell out. Eventually.

Of course it will sell out! Its a theatre tour... she did stadiums 10 years ago. Look at the decline

2 minutes ago, Starman said:

Of course it will sell out! Its a theatre tour... she did stadiums 10 years ago. Look at the decline

She did stadiums 7 years ago 

9 minutes ago, Starman said:

I love that she keeps working but She is just destroying her legacy at this point, had she been more reclusive and made every appearance an Event we wouldnt be discussing this.Think of rolling stones how they only appear on TV when they are on point.

There was nothing fierce about that performance, it looked like she struggled to keep walking and standing still, at least the BBA had a smile on her face even though that was a boring too.

Its ok if she cant perform like she used to, we will never know what are the circumstances. But  i feel there was no effort from her part in this performance. The fact that she choose such a bad song like future and had the nerve do bring quavo To eurovision when if shes doing an album inspired by portugal? Why not bring some of that talent there? Or is that a Lie? I dont think she cares about music anymore... Shes certainly not interested in singing or taking care of her voice. She looks uncomfortable on stage.

The best moment was the snippet of music in the before the show interview... She wants to protest against israel? Why accept the gig on the first place?

Why grills again? Why trap and RnB? What happened to Madame X personas? All I see is bitch im madonna 2.0...

its even more shame because she does look great in this era, the face is on point. A lot of people were rooting for her. The gay community is eager for a Madonna song yet she collaborates with an homophobic rapper? Why not at least Frank Ocean?

Its just frustrating to see such an Amazing woman make mistake after mistake and embarrasse herself for the last 5 years

Had she done even La vie en Rose on her ukulele would have been more interesting 

Keep showing your true colors.

E3B935DA-FE51-4F11-85B9-3A61CBF5902C.gif

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

She did stadiums 7 years ago 

Didn't she do a couple for RHT too? I swear I remember hearing that but it's been a while, could def be wrong.

11 minutes ago, Starman said:

Jesus, this comment makes me want to call the Samaritans. How utterly depressing...

1 hour ago, Kim said:

And this self pitying nonsense needs to be addressed as well.

No, our friends, family etc were not wanting Madonna to fail, putting Madame X in the corner etc. They were excited and looking forward to it. "What's she gonna sing, when is she on, OMG LAP, can't wait" etc etc.

She came on did badly and the collective DISAPPOINTMENT was plain to see.

That social media jumped on it as they do everything is immaterial (although social media will also jump on and magnify a TRIUMPH if there's anything to be triumphant about and which did happen after her last prime time UK spot when she fell on her arse and got straight back up again)

That mainstream media has picked up and ran with it is entirely expected. The Queen of Pop should at least be able to sing in tune.

But no, this 'woe is Madonna' crap is so overdone and she's in danger of falling into that self pitying, no one understands me trap as well, egged on by some of her fans who've already eulogised her to the point where she may as well just retire.

Agree totally agree

All I can say is sometimes, our favorite artists move on from our own interests. Doesn't make her wrong and certainly doesn't make you wrong. It just means you're not on the same page anymore....and that's fine. 

14 minutes ago, Starman said:

Um you just seem to be throwing EVERYTHING that you don't like into the mix here. Stick to the topic of this one performance. Rubbish like  suggesting she's lying about Portugal or doesn't even like MUSIC is ridic.

I feel that even if Madonna was on point that night and gave a spectacular and flawless performance (And I know she is capable of this) she'd still get hate. Perhaps not as much, but it wouldn't silence the hate, not totally. Piers would still be writing up 500 page essays about it. You have to realize that sometimes what you do will never be enough in some peoples eyes and that some people just love to hate and will continue to, no matter what you do. 

These type of performances appeal to her hardcore fan base like MDNA did (not me )

on a platform like Eurovision she should have delivered a great version of LAP and another new track that’s more accessible 

Like Kim said this was her opportunity to reconnect to lost fans and even haters. Much like the SB

it failed 

simple 

its happened before will happened again just a shame really 

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Madonna-posts-reworked-Eurovision-vocals-online-590182

MADONNA POSTS REWORKED EUROVISION VOCALS ONLINE

Singer was slammed for being out of tune during live Tel Aviv performance.

BY AMY SPIRO

MAY 21, 2019 04:20

After being critically panned for her Eurovision Performance in Tel Aviv on Saturday night, Madonna posted an edited version of the show online that erases her vocal imperfections.

And fans did not let it go unnoticed.

When Madonna took the stage at the Expo Tel Aviv in the early hours of Sunday morning, after a swirl of drama surrounding her performance, the reviews were not favorable. The Guardian said her vocals were “pitchy” and her new song “Future” was “lacklustre.”

Luke Baker of Reuters said she was “off-key and a poor performer,” and the Telegraph said the performance was “passionate, baffling, silly and, honestly, something of a mood killer.”

During the live BBC broadcast, commentator Graham Norton noted that the singer received a “slightly muted response” from the live audience.

And her performance was slammed even within the live broadcast itself, when the representative from the Netherlands, announcing that country’s jury points, saying: “I’m so thankful for tonight, and for Madonna’s auto-tune.”

An online version of Madonna’s Eurovision show was nowhere to be found for close to 24 hours after the competition finished. Even KAN, the Israeli public broadcaster and host of this year’s show, poked fun, posting a video of a Hebrew version of “Like a Prayer” by Elinor Aharon recorded 30 years ago: “We’re not allowed to upload Madonna, but we can upload ‘Like A Prayer,’” KAN wrote alongside the clip.

But finally, late on Sunday, Madonna posted a video of the 10-minute performance to her official YouTube channel. In the clip, the vocals are noticeably different from her live performance, and commenters did not hold back.

“It’s edited,” wrote one commenter. “Comparing the original performance at Eurovision in Tel Aviv. It’s completely not the same.” Another added: “What happened to the original vocals!??? I watched the livestream and her voice was REALLY different.”

One of the most upvoted comments on Monday afternoon read: “Sorry, but this is not what we heard on TV! It seemed to be processed. However they have done it. I love Madonna and respect her for all she had done. But her voice performance at the show was frightening. So this video is that, what we expected, not what we got in Tel Aviv.“

Even the UK tabloid Metro poked fun at the singer, writing on Twitter: “Madonna editing her #Eurovision vocals before uploading to Instagram is low-key iconic.”

One thing is clear: Madonna left a lasting impression on the Eurovision grand final.

8 minutes ago, ursula said:

Fine, maybe, but also painful. I've been a fan all of my life (literally). I've adored her and relied on her for so long she has become a part of my life, in many ways. 

I felt synchronized with her. And when I didn't, I just overlooked the things I didn't like (among which, the vulgarity), because there was so much I loved about her act and braveness.

Lately, though, her messages have become less coherent and intelligible, and her latest tracks...  😔

I'm not feeling this era either and I feel bad because I have been a fan since the beginning. I'm still looking forward to the album and am hopeful. But yeah, I've been feeling kind of lost this era.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

And this self pitying nonsense needs to be addressed as well.

No, our friends, family etc were not wanting Madonna to fail, putting Madame X in the corner etc. They were excited and looking forward to it. "What's she gonna sing, when is she on, OMG LAP, can't wait" etc etc.

She came on did badly and the collective DISAPPOINTMENT was plain to see.

That social media jumped on it as they do everything is immaterial (although social media will also jump on and magnify a TRIUMPH if there's anything to be triumphant about and which did happen after her last prime time UK spot when she fell on her arse and got straight back up again)

That mainstream media has picked up and ran with it is entirely expected. The Queen of Pop should at least be able to sing in tune.

But no, this 'woe is Madonna' crap is so overdone and she's in danger of falling into that self pitying, no one understands me trap as well, egged on by some of her fans who've already eulogised her to the point where she may as well just retire.

I understand and share the disappointment, but the consequent backlash got immediately out of proportion with drastic words that don't make room for future redemption... I think there are deeper reasons for that and I was just trying to analyze them... Anyway, I agree with anyone who says that she has to work harder in order to avoid imperfections on the basics. 

Why do people posting negative press?

Why don't they post this article instead?

Opinion Thanks Iceland, Madonna for Disrupting Eurovision's Big Deception

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/eurovision/.premium-israel-eurovision-thanks-iceland-madonna-for-disrupting-big-deception-1.7256774

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I'm not feeling this era either and I feel bad because I have been a fan since the beginning. I'm still looking forward to the album and am hopeful. But yeah, I've been feeling kind of lost this era.

That s why she s doing theatres ( and I love it ) , she knew her music was going to disappoint lotta fans and to be honest I respect , admire and I m glad she s walking into new musical fields for her ,....I m a fan ( allways been ) for this reason and for her artistic political attitude actually

3 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Why do people posting negative press?

Why don't they post this article instead?

Opinion Thanks Iceland, Madonna for Disrupting Eurovision's Big Deception

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/eurovision/.premium-israel-eurovision-thanks-iceland-madonna-for-disrupting-big-deception-1.7256774

This! It’s starting to feel quite the opposite of a fan forum in that people are almost relishing in rehashing the negative.   It’s one thing to acknowledge a bad performance but another to just ruminate on it, and even discrediting all her music in the last few years or this new era altogether when it’s just starting.

She chose to bring this message to eurovision, which was performance wise briljant. It could have used a more euphoric ending though. and better vocals. and nog grillz.

2 minutes ago, Dindi said:

This! It’s starting to feel quite the opposite of a fan forum in that people are almost relishing in rehashing the negative.   It’s one thing to acknowledge a bad performance but another to just ruminate on it, and even discrediting all her music in the last few years or this new era altogether when it’s just starting.

👏 🙌