EUROVISION! The aftermath!

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

It's not that complicated, sweet Jesus (I am a Muslim and I believe in Jesus too as a prophet).

IF: 

1) "Like a Prayer" had an actual MUSIC accompanying it instead of some disgusting tinny random sounds and backing vocals 

2) Madonna at least sounded PASSABLE during most of LAP instead of giving us dying strangled cat experiences 

She would not have received 3/4 of the harsh comments and reviews she is getting now. 

Stop using her age, her gender, or her attitude as excuses. It's not helping. 

we get it girl

13 minutes ago, ursula said:

You are referring to her start, I'm referring to her lifespan. And that recurrent need to put my fan-itude in question really speaks more about your own doubts (projection).

Ahhhhh... I thought our misundestandings were over, but now you dare to twist the things..ok..Do me a favor.. don't  interact with me..I can survive without it.. lol

3 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Ahhhhh... I thought our misundestandings were over, but now you dare to twist the things..ok..Do me a favor.. don't  interact with me..I can service without it.. lol

And here comes the lala defense mechanism.

As you wish... Have a lovely evening 😘

3 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

awwww. i want all those puppies, they are so cute. :inlove:

16 minutes ago, alquemist said:

iKR? We‘re a truly strange country. 😂

that's journalism today.. but im glad they're changing their tone and being more positive or neutral

2 minutes ago, Musicinferno said:

Love it!

Taz is indeed always very good!

1 hour ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Germany is snapping this era, Medellin went high on iTunes and now future has been on #9 since the performance.

Also in the UK the singles have been holding way better than in the USA.

Whatever, I’m happy that she’s relevant enough to generate conversation and headlines, per example Cher or Barbra released albums on Q3/18 and I don’t even remember their albums or songs doing something, only Cher’s Gimme x3 did slightly something but not at this level, Madonna is still pushing it on sales, streaming and views.

People always pay attention to Madonna. Love this. And her YouTube subscribers are increasing as time goes by. She needs less than 50k to reach the 3 million mark! 

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

I understand that fans revisit the performance and think it’s not so bad. It never is so bad when you prepared for the ‘worst’. But that’s not what this is about. It’s not about watching this over and over again. It’s the impression it had on 200 million viewers who have seen this live, experiencing this as an international event  in the very moment and who didn’t know what the f had happened to her voice. It’s about that very moment, it’s gone now and no review can ever make it ‘good’. 

But it´s time to move on. She’s human. I love her even more after all this, sorry for German - es belustigt mich - wie sich die Hater gerade selbst entblößen.

She and we will be fine.

5 minutes ago, ursula said:

And here comes the lala defense mechanism.

As you wish... Have a lovely evening 😘

Hey..what are your problems? comprehension? self-esteem? frustrations? need to improve your passive-agressive behaviour? well, whatever you have, I wasted a lot of minutes of my life with you and time is precious as someone says.. ciao papi 🤣

Newsflash: Shes not the greatest live singer. Did you not heard RHT bare vocal from sound desc? The sound mixing and engineering messed up big time last night.

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

People always pay attention to Madonna. Love this. And her YouTube subscribers are increasing as time goes by. She needs less than 50k to reach the 3 million mark! 

Here in Germany normal people are talling about Madonna. This is something new for me. Today at my sport group everyone was talking about the performance. At work as well and every one that knows I like Madonna was asking me about my opinion😅

31 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

The extreme negative reaction seems to stem from something far deeper than some off pitch vocals — I’ve never seen a pop performance generate such swift and polarizing emotion. Madonna struck a nerve here, and I think it the crummy vocals are just what the (public) detractors are grasping onto as the reason for their disdain—I think folks are reviling it because she turned the “formulaic pop performance” that folks were expecting on it’s head—there was a subversive darkness to it that caught me off guard, and I imagine even more so if you were expecting a joyful, frothy performance. To me it came across as more of a modern art performance centered around creating a mood and aura rather than centered around the music.  LAP was used as a tool for the whole. This was pure Madonna vision on display. Watching it live, it took my breath away, and I found it to actually be genius, and I still do. She clearly didn’t want to do a SuperBowl style performance—she knows how better than anyone, this was her vision, and the fact that it’s so polarizing publicly actually shows she did something that was pushing the envelope in a new way (because who in their right mind gets that upset over some pitchy vocals...?) It’s almost as if the general public refuses to let her be subversive like this because she’s a “pop star”

Britney's Gimme More at the VMAs in 2007. 

But I agree with what you wrote. 

24 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I think that's part of it as well.. I felt so proud looking at that opening, that intro.. knowing so many people would see the ART.. even though more festive and upbeat dance songs like hung up and music would've worked better.. im actually glad she sorta failed with this creative performance than if she had failed with a typical pop routine that looked corny or the same as many performances... - I also don't get the people who say they hate everything about the performance.. like, seriously? hating that she may not have been able to move properly and the vocals.. ok.. but how can you deny the visual quality and the story? would be nice if she actually got more praise for that..

I agree that there were some vocal issues (but I don't believe this was her fault. It could have been her earpiece technical issue which could be why they were able to fix it ). Everything else was fire for me. I loved the theatricalness. I loved the costuming and I especially loved the choreography. It took my breath away when her dancers rolled down the stairs. It took my breath away when they were all synchronized in line etc. And the backdrops ...they were powerful.  Pure pure art and with a powerful message on love and peace without blaming any one country. Even with a vocal issue of whatever kind, it was beautiful and powerful art with a message.  And she's only human. God bless Madonna. 

At this point I think she should go with it and release a insta post video joking about the performance and admitting the mess. Something along the line of what she released after the flower debacle in Venice....that was hilarious. I think the general public would appreciate some sense of humor...maybe a funny reaction video to her own performance...it would show self confidence and sense of humor (she should also sing a cappella a piece of the song just to prove she still have the pipes). If she would do it everybody would post or talk about it.

5 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Hey..what are your problems? comprehension? self-esteem? frustrations? need to improve your passive-agressive behaviour? well, whatever you have, I wasted a lot of minutes of my life with you and time is precious as someone says.. ciao papi 🤣

Yes!!! 

5 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

At this point I think she should go with it and release a insta post video joking about the performance and admitting the mess. Something along the line of what she released after the flower debacle in Venice....that was hilarious. I think the general public would appreciate some sense of humor...maybe a funny reaction video to her own performance...it would show self confidence and sense of humor (she should also sing a cappella a piece of the song just to prove she still have the pipes). If she would do it everybody would post or talk about it.

yeah I think so too.. 

13 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Taz is indeed always very good!

If I ever were to subscribe to a newspaper, this would be the one! 

During the government shutdown in the US, their headline was “Grab him by the walls, Nancy“ 😂😂

42 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

The extreme negative reaction seems to stem from something far deeper than some off pitch vocals — I’ve never seen a pop performance generate such swift and polarizing emotion. Madonna struck a nerve here, and I think it the crummy vocals are just what the (public) detractors are grasping onto as the reason for their disdain—I think folks are reviling it because she turned the “formulaic pop performance” that folks were expecting on it’s head—there was a subversive darkness to it that caught me off guard, and I imagine even more so if you were expecting a joyful, frothy performance. To me it came across as more of a modern art performance centered around creating a mood and aura rather than centered around the music.  LAP was used as a tool for the whole. This was pure Madonna vision on display. Watching it live, it took my breath away, and I found it to actually be genius, and I still do. She clearly didn’t want to do a SuperBowl style performance—she knows how better than anyone. She was intentional in her vision, and the fact that it’s so polarizing publicly actually shows she did something that was pushing the envelope in a new way (because who in their right mind gets that upset over some pitchy vocals...?) It’s almost as if the general public refuses to let her be subversive like this because she’s a “pop star”, and she’s breaking some unsaid rule. Also, the fact she did this at Eurovision, where the contrast couldn’t be greater between the mood of the evening and her performance shows her intentionality. 

With Drake performance it was she was too old and too disgusting to see kiss anyone.

With Prince tribute performance it was she is not the appropriate person to do the tribute. 

With VMAs the fact she spoke about herself somehow was disrespectful to Aretha Franklin

Stonewall she has ass implants 

Eurovision she can’t sing 

I understand this is simplified and that some folks do not like these performances/appearances based on artistic merit and such. That said, yes, the extreme vitriol and outrage is clearly about something deeper. She’s always had this effect but with outrage culture and social media it’s growing. They want to see her destroyed, cancelled so the outrage police will find the “weakness” wherever they can.

I continue to just find joy, inspiration and a role model in Madonna and her art. I never think the reaction/outrage matches the thing being complained about. 

8 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Here in Germany normal people are talling about Madonna. This is something new for me. Today at my sport group everyone was talking about the performance. At work as well and every one that knows I like Madonna was asking me about my opinion😅

Similar to my day, surprisingly no one even mentioned the vocals.

I haven't read all the pages here, so sorry if I sound redundant .   As a fan for 34 years I wanted to share my errr experience of the Eurovision.

Was watching it as usual with friends who are kinda into Eurovision, gays of course and usually hard on Madonna.

It was horrible . Like a Prayer was such a let down that I couldn't even enjoy and percieve the smart political moves , images, speech between songs and flags .

It was a let down 'cause:

1 was  a cheap version of something already done ( Met gala )

2 the eye patch and loose monk costume : unappropriate

3 the musical arrangement

4 of course the bad singing and breath

I can't believe some are undermining the errors and their impact on the viewers and press  . Those who say it was good are idiotic, blind  fanatics . Changing the version on YouTube is even making things worse .

I've seen on my Facebook a picture of Muppet show Peggy with an eye patch, an article in the Belgian press about Eurovision whose only picture was Madonna with th e title ' top for the Nederlands , flop for Madonna  etc... and the irony about the Money they think she got for this.

That'll pass but I won't forget this feeling of ... sadness going back home after Eurovision from a night that was so promising ...

The Madame Xpromo is taking a sour turn. What should be done to rectify

5 hours ago, Msig said:

No.. Danish music magazine Gaffa is now reporting that Madonna is trying to cover up her Eurovision "failure" by uploading a 'fixed' version of the performance on her YouTube channel.

They also ask their readers a question: What is more embarrassing – admitting that you sang off key on live television or trying to make it sound like it never happened?

Wow! They just can’t wait for M to fail, huh?

3 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

With Drake performance it was she was too old and too disgusting to see kiss anyone.

With Prince tribute performance it was she is not the appropriate person to do the tribute. 

With VMAs the fact she spoke about herself somehow was disrespectful to Aretha Franklin

I understand this is simplified and that some folks do not like these performances/appearances based on artistic merit and such. That said, yes, the extreme vitriol and outrage is clearly about something deeper. She’s always had this effect but with outrage culture and social media it’s growing. They want to see her destroyed, cancelled so the outrage police will find the “weakness” wherever they can.

I continue to just find joy, inspiration and a role model in Madonna and her art. I never think reaction/outrage matches the thing being complained about. 

Longevity=Envy

Humanity sucks

....she s a warrior

1 minute ago, idro said:

Longevity=Envy

Humanity sucks

....she s a warrior

Yes , you're right but I'm still perplexed.

15 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

I continue to just find joy, inspiration and a role model in Madonna and her art. I never think the reaction/outrage matches the thing being complained about. 

This!!!