Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

EUROVISION! The aftermath!


Recommended Posts

The images of churches were upside down so had an upside down crucifix. Then it cut to the stage and was back for the flag. Poor cameramen ahahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

By the looks of things this HELLISH thread shall remain active FOR A LITTLE WHILE Baba Kim...:smile:

Well Krystle, I attempted to bump and reply to different threads yesterday, yet this one remained HOT all day and still was when I signed in this afternoon. What can you do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

It's been noticeable for years in her TV performances. It must be in her contract.

She looks phenomenal though I remember those pictures of her on the floor after her fall at the brits she was still giving us good face. 

She spends all that money and effort on making that already iconic face more gorgeous for us not to have a close up ! Such a shame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Confessit said:

She looks phenomenal though I remember those pictures of her on the floor after her fall at the brits she was still giving us good face. 

She spends all that money and effort on making that already iconic face more gorgeous for us not to have a close up ! Such a shame.

Oh this is the best she's looked in years. Which is why I would love for them to throw in some close ups to show off her new face and to get that connection with the viewer. It feels like we are always watching from afar and it doesn't help matters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In swedish media, where I live, they have written almost nothing about her and her new album and new singles (except bad reviews). Up until now when her voice fucked up. They have written about it everyday since ESC.

It's just so sad the whole thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bardo said:

i'm not sure. there are certain notes that are obviously pitch-adjusted, so even if it was pulled from another performance it was also auto-tuned. 

my new theory is that she was singing live with auto-tune to correct any pitch problems and i think she might have been so consistently off pitch that the auto-tune was trying to correct to the wrong note, which actually made her sound worse.

It is possible the auto tune wasn’t activated because Mr Mike Dean was too stoned to remember?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kim said:

Oh this is the best she's looked in years. Which is why I would love for them to throw in some close ups to show off her new face and to get that connection with the viewer. It feels like we are always watching from afar and it doesn't help matters

It's such a shame. Well the camera man broke the rules on HM The Queens coronation day and showed the world a close up of Elizabeth's beautiful face, so I hope more camera men break the rules for the Queen of Pop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tasteinmen said:

It is possible the auto tune wasn’t activated because Mr Mike Dean was too stoned to remember?

haha. you can hear it though. i think some of the weirdness you can hear in the original live stream is actually auto-tune trying to correct. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Just listen to this poor woman (who represents all of our friends and family who tuned in to see Madonna) listening to the unedited version of LAP. Preferable with headphones.

Then maybe we can all collectively ask ourselves what the fuck is going on with Madonna's voice?

 

It sounds worse than  I  remember...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mrsz said:

It sounds worse than  I  remember...

I think she isolates vocals for her reactions. Could be wrong though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mrsz said:

It sounds worse than  I  remember...

Probably because the voice coach woman is pulling an uncomfortable face throughout the entire video and pauses several times to claim she’s really bad, even during the moments where she was completely fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Just listen to this poor woman (who represents all of our friends and family who tuned in to see Madonna) listening to the unedited version of LAP. Preferable with headphones.

Then maybe we can all collectively ask ourselves what the fuck is going on with Madonna's voice?

 

The woman was right about one thing: Madonna was singing while walking down the stairs i.e. trying to watch the steps while catching her breath.

And also, I suspect it's either M didn't warm up her vocal before the performance or she had been rehearsing for too many times and hurt her vocal.

Didn't everyone say she's not a singer since day one?  

She & her fans have NEVER bragged about her octave or having an amazing voice whatever shit in the first place.

So why criticized her vocal? She's not Pariah or Shitney.

Anyway it's still better than her 1997 VMA / 2005 Live 8 ROL last screeching note (end of the ROL song) which was total out of tune.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect Madonna was still recovering from the cold she had around the time of the glaad awards. And due to the constant traveling she couldn’t recover properly. Maybe her throat was fucked up as well. 

The thing that bothers me the most tho, is why Madonna still insist in hanging around with people like mike dean, quavo... I don’t know, they just bring her down and are clearly not at her level of artistry or professionalism. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

Specially if it moves slowly up and down the stairs.....sorry I could not resist 

This is another ridicilous claim. I dont believe she cant move fast if she wanted to

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

I suspect Madonna was still recovering from the cold she had around the time of the glaad awards. And due to the constant traveling she couldn’t recover properly. Maybe her throat was fucked up as well. 

The thing that bothers me the most tho, is why Madonna still insist in hanging around with people like mike dean, quavo... I don’t know, they just bring her down and are clearly not at her level of artistry or professionalism. 

I think Mike Dean and quavo are great at what they do. But for Madonna to use these people in her work she really needs to do THAT work. Not touch on elements. Look at how she used swae. Crave is beautiful. In future he raps random words like sparkle. It was like sheb had invited a toddler on with her. 

She was guiding him throughout the entire thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

The thing that bothers me the most tho, is why Madonna still insist in hanging around with people like mike dean, quavo... I don’t know, they just bring her down and are clearly not at her level of artistry or professionalism. 

Fuck knows. Maybe Quovo has a huge 🍆 and she's enjoying some of his champagne rose. But he stank at the Eurovision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That youtube woman said M has not been singing regularly which I think she was referring to the way a professional opera singer needs to train her vocal every morning.

M was using her throat to sing rather than her diaphragm.

When you use your throat to sing, your throat muscles will be tighten and inflamed results in hoarse and scratchy vocal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

This is another ridicilous claim. I dont believe she cant move fast if she wanted to

 

It was just a joke as response to the post of anothe user...obviously she can move much better then I do even if I'm much younger 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Aime said:

OK, maybe I'm stupid, but she never sounds bad to me. Even this TPOG video which I've never seen before, you can see she's struggling a bit, but hey, I appreciate the effort and it still doesn't sound *bad* to me. I'll take this vocal over something technically perfect but souless any day.

You’re not stupid, and I feel the exact same way. I loved both the EMA and VH1 TPOG performances in 1998. Not sure why her being flat or hitting bum notes doesn’t bother me. Maybe it is because I’ve never been a big fan of the technically gifted vocalists. Some of my other favorite singers are Stevie Nicks, Siouxsie Sioux, and Alanis Morissette. Or maybe it’s because aise lip syncing irks me more than anything so I just prefer and respect that Madonna sings live as opposed to Janet and Britney.

Or maybe I am drawn to other aspects of her voice. I am not sure what the terms would be. Tone? Whatever it is, I am able to enjoy live Madonna vocals that are not technically great.

I remember people saying she wasn’t in the correct key as far back as TAB at 1995 AMAs (although people said she got it right at the bridge) and I loved that one too.

I don’t think this makes me an apologist because there are certain things she has done that I don’t like such as Bitch I’m Madonna and History. Plus I can admit that she is flat or whatever, it just doesn’t bother me. Then again I love Stevie Nicks and Siouxsie Sioux.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jeby said:

I completely agree and said the same earlier on this thread or another. I do not care what anyone says. Madonna simply has to sing better next time she is on tv . No playback. No auto tune and all these machines. Nobody cares that she has no vast vocal range. Only the haters nit pick and the rest used to be able to say it does not matter. She has a distinctive voice Many great artists don't have technically perfect voices. But on Eurovision it was a mess. Listen to her on Gambler at the virgin tour. It is still the Madonna with the voice that many insulted but it was quintessentially Madonna. That is all we want. The raw Madonna. I do believe Mike Dean and her ear piece share blame. I am not solely blaming her but it is also clear that she is just not training her vocals these days.

Also we are mad when they use madonna's age to insult her. Can people here stop saying she is 60, Stop expecting her to blah blah blah. Stop using her age as a defense.

Yes, yes, yes, these are important points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I think Mike Dean and quavo are great at what they do. But for Madonna to use these people in her work she really needs to do THAT work. Not touch on elements. Look at how she used swae. Crave is beautiful. In future he raps random words like sparkle. It was like sheb had invited a toddler on with her. 

She was guiding him throughout the entire thing. 

Swae Lee is talented and he was super respectful to Madonna. Quavo not only had no idea who Madonna is and couldn’t even name a song but also threw shade saying his MOM used to listen to her.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shane said:

You’re not stupid, and I feel the exact same way. I loved both the EMA and VH1 TPOG performances in 1998. Not sure why her being flat or hitting bum notes doesn’t bother me. Maybe it is because I’ve never been a big fan of the technically gifted vocalists. Some of my other favorite singers are Stevie Nicks, Siouxsie Sioux, and Alanis Morissette. Or maybe it’s becaise lip syncing irks me more than anything so I just prefer and respect that Madonna sings live as opposed to Janet and Britney.

Or maybe I am drawn to other aspects of her voice. I am not sure what ten terms would be. Tone? Whatever it is, I am able to enjoy live Madonna vocals that are not technically great.

I remember people saying she wasn’t in the wrong key as far back as TAB at 1995 AMAs (although people said she got it right at the bridge) and I loved that one too.

I don’t think this makes me an apologist because there are certain things she has done that I don’t like such as Bitch I’m Madonna and History. Plus I can admit that she is flat or whatever, it just doesn’t bother me. Then again I love Stevie Nicks and Siouxsie Sioux.

I remember watching AMA's TAB live in '95, as it aired (I still have the VHS) and she did sound like shit on some parts but I enjoyed it overall. Madonna has never been just about the vocals. I can remember me watching Ciao Italia while my Mom was cooking dinner when I was 11 yrs old and her hearing "I see you on the street and you walk on by..." and my Mom being like "my God she sounds horrible"....remember it like yesterday! Madonna vocals have ALWAYS been a point of contention.  I also adore Stevie Nicks. Have you ever checked out a Stevie Nicks forum? They're brutal. They expect her to sound like Rhiannon live '75 and constantly rag on how she has only two notes and sounds like a "foghorn". I don't post at Stevie forums but I do read them, The Ledge in particular and they're absolutely horrible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you can’t sing and go down a flight of stairs, don’t go down the stairs while you sing. 

If you can’t move around because you are wearing a Dark Knight suit, don’t wear the Dark Knight suit. 

If you can’t find a way to gracefully use the futuristic vocoder effect live, don’t use it.

if you can’t sing live at this sort of event, mime it and nail the choreo. 

If you can’t concentrate on singing and choreo because of the 300 things that you have going on around you, then pair it down.

If your vocals for LAP are a strain on your voice because you are not quite there yet, then make sure the mixing is appropriate and choose a more bombastic arrangement.

Excellent interlude, interesting Mad Max/climate change costumes, nice message of unity. But no excuses. We are talking about one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. 

I do say all this in the spirit of love and generosity. She is forging a new path, and we are all so inspired by it. Time to Focus, cut the crap, and do better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FeTuoni said:

Swae Lee is talented and he was super respectful to Madonna. Quavo not only had no idea who Madonna is and couldn’t even name a song but also threw shade saying his MOM used to listen to her.... 

But Madonna thinks he's cool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, horn said:

The woman was right about one thing: Madonna was singing while walking down the stairs i.e. trying to watch the steps while catching her breath.

And also, I suspect it's either M didn't warm up her vocal before the performance or she had been rehearsing for too many times and hurt her vocal.

Didn't everyone say she's not a singer since day one?  

She & her fans have NEVER bragged about her octave or having an amazing voice whatever shit in the first place.

So why criticized her vocal? She's not Pariah or Shitney.

Anyway it's still better than her 1997 VMA / 2005 Live 8 ROL last screeching note (end of the ROL song) which was total out of tune.

 

I heard the narrative she cant sing since she first appeared

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

It was just a joke as response to the post of anothe user...obviously she can move much better then I do even if I'm much younger 😁

I know it was a joke. It just reminded me of the constant claiming shes old and cant move anymore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FeTuoni said:

Swae Lee is talented and he was super respectful to Madonna. Quavo not only had no idea who Madonna is and couldn’t even name a song but also threw shade saying his MOM used to listen to her.... 

See, I don't consider that shade. I consider that as being he TRULY didn't know wtf to say cuz he doesn't know any Madonna songs. Now, There's a lot of judgement to made inside that fact itself but I truly don't think he intentionally meant to be shady to M. He's no Maluma though and it's crazy to think that someone would allow someone on their album without knowing anything about their work prior....but clearly, that's what Quavo did. Seems like he relied on the "Madonna" name alone without actually checking out her work. Kind of sad actually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...