EUROVISION! The aftermath!

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Just listen to this poor woman (who represents all of our friends and family who tuned in to see Madonna) listening to the unedited version of LAP. Preferable with headphones.

Then maybe we can all collectively ask ourselves what the fuck is going on with Madonna's voice?

Didn't get her Riverdance comparison hahahaha

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Just listen to this poor woman (who represents all of our friends and family who tuned in to see Madonna) listening to the unedited version of LAP. Preferable with headphones.

Then maybe we can all collectively ask ourselves what the fuck is going on with Madonna's voice?

I saw this also - she is the one who said 'it’s the voice of someone who doesn’t sing very much and doesn’t look after their voice'. I am sorry but first and foremost Madonna is a singer. She should have prepared for this better or at least cover it up with a louder choir or something!

We all know she will be fine! I still remember the night she performed  the power of goodbye for a MTV thing in Italy. That was the moment she was training her voice and it was really a bad performance. Maybe one thing I'm starting  to dislike is the overly staged kitch design she is using. Her best recent performances to me are the Rebel heart version of like a virgin and the tv performance of BIM. less theatrics more madonna. Even Medellin was great because of the live energy not the holograms or the kitch scenography. Basically less is more sometimes even with madonna 

Edited by samosamosamo

2 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

she should have ditched Quacko and performed this, I think we were all expecting this 😞 

I mean is Medellin already yesterdays news, why was she not promoting that

No that remix actually charted higher on iTunes than the slow version

It would be no.1 now

Maybe she could perform it somewhere still?

Just now, samosamosamo said:

We all know she will be fine! I still remember the night she performed  the power of goodbye for a MTV thing in Italy. That was the moment she was training her voice and it was really a bad performance. Maybe one thing I'm starting not to like is the overly staged kitch design she is using recently. Her best recent performances to me are the revel heart version of like a virgin and the tv performance of BIM. less theatrics more madonna. Even Medellin was great because of the live energy not the holograms or the kitch scenography. Basically less is more sometimes even with madonna 

One of my favorite Madonna performances of all time is Like A Virgin/Love Spent from MDNA. I just don't know how GP would react to that RAW of a Madonna. 

4 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Have to say that there's a post somewhere here from a member that was in the audience and their interpretation of the live audience response didn't match the European press she's currently getting. I don't remember the members name but I'm sure if you read through this whole thread you'll see it.

I wasn't there so I can't commit to it but from what I saw the crowd by the end were not really into it. But if that's what someone who was in the audience has said that certainly wasn't translated on camera, the audience didn't seem very enthusiastic but I think it was mainly just taking in a brand new song from Madonna. I doubt anybody in that arena had heard Future and I doubt many of them like rappers. 

3 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I saw this also - she is the one who said 'it’s the voice of someone who doesn’t sing very much and doesn’t look after their voice'. I am sorry but first and foremost Madonna is a singer. She should have prepared for this better or at least cover it up with a louder choir or something!

This is the elephant in the room everyone is ignoring.

Her voice has gone to pot.

She will be fine!. Off course. She's Madonna!

But the storm hasnt passed yet. They just showed pieces of the performance side to side, Original and fixed versions…..and theyvtotally bashed her on dutch tv. 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

It's happened suddenly then she sounded wonderful singing LAP when I attended the RH date in Birmingham and that was only 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

I doubt many of them like rappers. 

How could you possibly come to this random conclusion? People like all sorts of music.

Just now, Shaun said:

How could you possibly come to this random conclusion? People like all sorts of music.

Indeed they do but the Eurovision audience is much more pop/dance/European influenced music fans over urban rap. 

I don't think there's ever been a Eurovision entry that's contained a rap. I'm not being negative here but the Eurovisions fan base are not one that would be downloading the likes of Quovo. 

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It's happened suddenly then she sounds wonderful singing LAP when I attended the RH date in Birmingham and that was only 3 years ago.

She sounded like crow on a show I attended 10-15 years ago. I think the elephant has always been there.

35 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Don't feel bad for her. In the end of the day it's her life and she's used to risks and losing. 

It's up to her to limit the risks. Her sound crew (we have seen it on Twitter) and obviously Quavo were stoned during the show.

Before people attack and say , why should she and there’s no need . I’m just wondering do you all think she will do something to try eradicate the hate . Because she is aware of it , the gazillion posts on her insta of photos from it , the posts about criticism and complaining and the ahem edited YouTube video so she’s hearing the hate , albeit unwarranted and unnecessary but will she do anything , impromptu appearance ? Interview ? Something?

plus , as pre mentioned I know she doesn’t or shouldn’t have to but me thinks M will be plotting something new to reduce the shit she’s been getting . I can’t believe we’ll just get another pre order song and that’s it . Anyway just wondering do you think if something will happen

17 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

if the eye-patch is what's keeping her from doing a little more dancing, then I hope she'll get rid of it soon... (probably not the case)

She literally just walked up and down the stage and the stairs

other than that it's a very cool performance, the message is strong, the staging is beautiful and it has a lot of replay value

I've been a bit critical of Madonna at Eurovision even though I enjoyed it, but I agree it has a strong replay value.

Agree with other fans that the negativity surrounding the performance will definitely diminish......

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Indeed they do but the Eurovision audience is much more pop/dance/European influenced music fans over urban rap. 

I don't think there's ever been a Eurovision entry that's contained a rap. I'm not being negative here but the Eurovisions fan base are not one that would be downloading the likes of Quovo. 

Its mostly a crowd that like Kylie, Cher, Abba and Disco Stompers.

11 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Didn't get her Riverdance comparison hahahaha

:rotfl:

I laughed hard with the video even though maybe I shouldn't..Honest Coach is DEFINITELY not coming to the Future.

1 minute ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Before people attack and say , why should she and there’s no need . I’m just wondering do you all think she will do something to try eradicate the hate . Because she is aware of it , the gazillion posts on her insta of photos from it , the posts about criticism and complaining and the ahem edited YouTube video so she’s hearing the hate , albeit unwarranted and unnecessary but will she do anything , impromptu appearance ? Interview ? Something?

plus , as pre mentioned I know she doesn’t or shouldn’t have to but me thinks M will be plotting something new to reduce the shit she’s been getting . I can’t believe we’ll just get another pre order song and that’s it . Anyway just wondering do you think if something will happen

you cant hit a moving target..

Just now, dollhouse said:

Its mostly a crowd that like Kylie, Cher, Abba and Disco Stompers.

It is and this is the point I was trying to make before the show that Future is just so not right for Eurovision. But people just didn't see it.

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

And we could notice this in the Prince homage. Maybe this all makes Madonna take care of the voice again. I'm sure that if trained again she can give fantastic performances again. 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And we could notice this in the Prince homage. Maybe this all makes Madonna take care of the voice again. I'm sure that if trained again she can give fantastic performances again. 

Back in 1998 when she was fresh from the voice training. Now this is truly horrible. Esc has nothing on this.

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Like A Prayer didn’t sound good. The rest of the performance was stunning. Seems like a lot of overreaction.

I agree! Great choreography, staging and backdrop! The spoken interlude was sick - in a good way. So much symbolism. 

The dancers wearing gas mask adorned with flowers while the world is coming to an end? Eurovision staging a campy concert in Tel Aviv while people are dying in battle? To me, this felt like American Life 2.0 and I‘m really glad she didn‘t just sing “music makes the People come together“. Gotta grab that problem by the balls and use your artistry for a powerful message! In fact she was the only artist at that show really using her “voice“.

E04D33AE-D33C-435F-8BE3-A9E03A703C89.jpeg

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

The issue with the Prince tribute is she chose a song that is completely associated with the vocal heights of Sinead O Connor. Madonnas voice is on a different level hence the fierce critism.

LAP is her song and we are used to hearing her sing it 10/10. 

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

The issue with the Prince tribute is she chose a song that is completely associated with the vocal heights of Sinead O Connor. Madonnas voice is on a different level hence the fierce critism.

LAP is her song and we are used to hearing her sing it 10/10. 

Nope. She could have done better imo. And she proved with other beautiful performances in the RHT. Some singers warm the voice for a very long time before any performance. Maybe Madonna does too, we don't know. I would love to know the preparation of performances. 

5 minutes ago, alquemist said:

I agree! Great choreography, staging and backdrop! The spoken interlude was sick - in a good way. So much symbolism. 

The dancers wearing gas mask adorned with flowers while the world is coming to an end? Eurovision staging a campy concert in Tel Aviv while people are dying in battle? To me, this felt like American Life 2.0 and I‘m really glad she didn‘t just sing “music makes the People come together“. Gotta grab that problem by the balls and use your artistry for a powerful message! In fact she was the only artist at that show really using her “voice“.

E04D33AE-D33C-435F-8BE3-A9E03A703C89.jpeg

I agree. Too bad few bum notes overshadowed everything else.

Its ridicilous really but understandable since this was a singing competition, kinda.

I mean we've established she could have sang it better. Maybe if Mike Dean was less stoned he could have done something there and then. I was furious at his "Eurovision prep" photo with a big fat spliff in his hand. Now I'm a smoker but NEVER if I have something to do.